Every Football Manager Players Worst Nightmare: "Save Game Failed"

stigen

Reaction score
Well Im very sorry to do a new thread, but since I posted this same in "The Help Thread"/Heres My Post and the thread didnt get a single view a part from one guest, I was desperate to do this in a new thread...

Since this is a very uncomfortable situation Im in, please help me with the best you got

/// and please, forgive me for doing a new thread

well, Im having a MAJOR PROBLEM and I dont know what is causing it

Heres what I know :

I have the "games" folder in the right location

The game is set to save in the right "games" folder

Have tried both "Save" and "Save As"

I saved a couple hours ago last time and had no problems

have it compressed since i havent chaged it, but wont help no more,
the game crashed a bit later so I lost my six months progress:'(

Never seen that before, I've had loads of random error messages but never heard of that one.. :S

Try loading the game from the last piont it saved correctly and then contine the game, it worked for me :)

Well the worst nightmare is having a game that is in 2016 and all of a sudden the game does not load ::mad:

Apparently there's nothing you can do about it.

It's just happened with me in my Espanyol story save. :'(

I learnt my lesson to make sure its on a weekly autosave with a 3 file thing because i lost my file in 2014 because it wouldnt load after my laptop shut down just got an error message!oO)

I have just had this problem, I could not save and all previous saves had disappeared bar the one I was playing... I clicked preferences and unticked compressed saved games, reloaded and all was well. Managed to save it straight away.. Dont know what happened to my other saves though they are still MIA.

Sorry for your loss

1 week rolling auto saves and when you quit for the night, save the game twice using 2 different file names. I learnt the hard way

yep happens on every save, i think actually quitting the game and shutting down helps rather than me just saving and power buttoning the pc box thing ^^).

never happened to me either mate, but i resolved a problem that i had a few months ago, my saves weren't there, vannish all of the sudden --'

I learnt my lesson to make sure its on a weekly autosave with a 3 file thing because i lost my file in 2014 because it wouldnt load after my laptop shut down just got an error message!oO)
hat´s what I do too and I learned the lesson on like FM05 or FM06 to have autosave and nowadays when the option to autosave every week is thyere and on 3 different files why does anyone loose 6 months? I gotta ask.