dgoacher

Reaction score
Hi I am struggling with my Sheffield Wednesday game because I took over when they were 7th and now a yoyo results have put me in 12th in March with little hope of reaching L1 playoffs. When I started with Halifax in BQN I did build a good youthful team and used a simple 442 control, short pass and everything else default. My goalie would throw the ball short and I put the success down to possession in games. However in my 2nd season I took over Carlise (L2) really struggled to use similer tactics with a okish squad but took over Wednesday half way through the season and I am where I am now.

My brother uses 4-3-2-1 (3 CM, 2 AM on wings and target man) Attacking, Press and hard tackling (don't do this away), High line, wide width - This worked for a while but I soon went back to drawing/losing or winning by 1 goal if I were lucky!

Any suggestions for unbeatable* home/away tactic?
Should the best corner/throwing/free kicker take the job even if they don't play on the side of the pitch or prefered foot? ie can a better rated corner right footed player do better than a left footed player from a left corner setpiece?

If you have a lone stricker what is the best instruction to have him do and support or attack?

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Daniel

The trouble with this forms is that people are so obsessd with trying to recreate the Barca style or win the premier league by a million points that nobody really creates any tactics for smaller clubs. Most tactics on here are for Barca, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Napoli etc and when they say they have used it on a small team by that they mean someone like Wolves. I have hadf some good success in the lower leagues with several games as I find it more of a challenge.

try this:

4-2-4 with the wingers playing inbetween the midfield and attack so really a 4-2-2-2

Fluid and attacking

Tackling hard, short passing, creative freedom default, zonal marking, press more, drill crosses, default on roaming.

Play your 2 center backs as limited defenders one stopper one cover and midfield play one as just center mf support and the other one as either dlp support or bwm.

This is as best as i can describe it as I wouldn't have a clue how to post screen shots cos lets face it I only use my laptop for Football Manager and exercising my right arm when the mrs is out lol!!!!