edgardinho

Reaction score
I've searched around for a similar thread to no avail so I've decided to ask here.

Does anyone know of any editor files that completely level out the playing field for all clubs (or most). I would like to play a game more akin to the one we knew before money took over. I'm not sure what levelling factors I would like to see - maybe the following:

The same club reputation
The same club finances
Each club having about the same number of quality players (difficult to implement?)
Less wages (I'm not sure if player demands is linked to the amount of money in the game?)
No TV money
All clubs having poor/average training and youth facilities

I know nothing about the editor so I was wondering if anyone knew of something similar that has already been prepared?

Phil

I've searched around for a similar thread to no avail so I've decided to ask here.

Does anyone know of any editor files that completely level out the playing field for all clubs (or most). I would like to play a game more akin to the one we knew before money took over. I'm not sure what levelling factors I would like to see - maybe the following:

The same club reputation
The same club finances
Each club having about the same number of quality players (difficult to implement?)
Less wages (I'm not sure if player demands is linked to the amount of money in the game?)
No TV money
All clubs having poor/average training and youth facilities

I know nothing about the editor so I was wondering if anyone knew of something similar that has already been prepared?

Phil

this could be done but it would probably take some time depending on how many countries/leagues you wanted levelling

due to its potential size its probably worth waiting for FM11 and somebody make it for the new game

i did download one that covers england down to blue square north/south but it only increases budgets and rep's to the highest level's.

if that's any use to you i'll try to refind the link.

Having been looking at the Editor for a while and doing a few tests i think i'm getting the hang of it.

Would I be right in thinking that if i wanted to lower TV money and prize money in England I would have to set up Nation Rules which would effectively override the hardcoded rules? To do it properly would be to add all the existing leagues in England to my Nation Rules.

Then could I add blank nation rules for all other nations (or maybe just very high profile nations) which would effectively wipe out them streams of income?

Does anyone know how background clubs (e.g. clubs in Italy when i don't have them loaded at all) get money?

You could have a look at how some of the other leagues are setup in game. The MLS and Australian A-league (i think this would be your closest in terms of concept/all teams are even/no tv money/facilities suck) implement salary caps. You'd obviously remove the designated/marquee player rule as this circumvents the cap.

The Mls is interesting due to the draft while the A-League operates more traditionally.

You could have a look at how some of the other leagues are setup in game. The MLS and Australian A-league (i think this would be your closest in terms of concept/all teams are even/no tv money/facilities suck) implement salary caps. You'd obviously remove the designated/marquee player rule as this circumvents the cap.

The Mls is interesting due to the draft while the A-League operates more traditionally.

Hmm good plan. I really would like to get to a point where money is all but gone from the game but I don't think it is possible for 2 reasons.

1. International club competitions can't be amended and they pay out loads.

2. What would happen to player wage demands? I guess they fall at the same rate as the money in the game but maybe not.

Testing, testing!

If I knew what the fm11 editor will be like then I'd know whether to wait, but I'm sure there are a few editors with that same thought.