Evra signs new Man Utd contract

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra signs an extension to his deal that is set to keep him at Old Trafford until at least the end of the 2013/14 season.

More...

Good on him, he and A.Cole are the best LB'S in the world ATM.

Had a poor season but no doubt in my mind he can get back to his best.

Hasn't been playing very well recently, actually thought he'd go to another club in the summer. I love him for being one of those foreign players who really takes the passion of his club right to his heart, which is rare. I hope he gets to his best form soon, Evra at his best form makes him the world's best left back, and that's a fact. *cue people screaming at me telling me Ashley Cole is better*

Never for a second thought he would leave, He loves the club and I'm glad he has signed a contract. Hope this puts all the rumors to bed.

This season he is very average for his standards. I'm sure he will be back to his best..

Great signing by Sir Alex.

Without doubt one of the best left backs we've ever had, and is key to how we play. Hope he gets back to his best form soon.

very good player and great news for United

I reckon unless he really pulls of something special, the left sided Da Silva twin is away, cant see him breaking first team with Evra signing a new contract. Good signing for United, Evra, wasnt he the one who had the horrid debut and only lasted 45 minutes? I know it was either him, Vidic or Heize, but not sure.

This is good news for Man Utd, as in my opinion he is there most consistent player along with Vidic, but I fear for Man Utd when they loose the goldenboys i.e. Scholes, Giggs, Rio.

Fantastic news. On his day he is the best left back in the world and hopefully he can turn his season around much like vidic after he signed a new contract.