Evra to pursue Suarez allegations

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra tells manager Sir Alex Ferguson he wants to pursue his allegations of racism against Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

More...

o god here we go again........

We know already. goodbye.

Good on him. The fact he's confirmed he wants to go forward with the allegations surely means something was said, whether racist or not we don't know yet.

Hopefully the FA get to the bottom of this ASAP so it doesn't drag on for ages.

Meh, racism is bad don't get me wrong but players make a big deal of everything on the pitch. If every time someone snitched when someone was racists...well let's say it would be just stupid.

Didn't see this incident on MOTD on Saturday, but I missed the start of the match. What appeared to happen, exactly?

Meh, racism is bad don't get me wrong but players make a big deal of everything on the pitch. If every time someone snitched when someone was racists...well let's say it would be just stupid.

Didn't see this incident on MOTD on Saturday, but I missed the start of the match. What appeared to happen, exactly?

Words were exchanged between Suarez and Evra, and Evra is alleging they were racist. But we don't know, but I saw some sort of bust up during the match. I'm not saying anything at all until it's proven/disproven.

Racism is a big deal. If everyone did "snitch" when players were racist, then the game would be in a much better state!

Not sure what to make of this, Suarez does strike the type to say things to annoy opponents but Evra has said things like this before and he ended up getting match bans because of the full incident didnt he.

Not sure what to make of this, Suarez does strike the type to say things to annoy opponents but Evra has said things like this before and he ended up getting match bans because of the full incident didnt he.

First time he's accused anyone of being racist.

Last edited:

Players exaggerate to make small things a big deal. Racism is a big deal. Full stop. There's a difference.

Imagine if America had your attitude to racism for its whole history..

First time he's accused anyone of being racist.

That whole incident with our groundsman he was backed by members of your staff too and it was found to be bullshit. Like i say not sure who to believe because both have previous i just hope the FA get to the correct outcome.

That whole incident with our groundsman he was backed by members of your staff too and it was found to be bullshit. Like i say not sure who to believe because both have previous i just hope the FA get to the correct outcome.

Evra never accused the groundsman though, Mike Phelan and Richard Hartis did.

Evra didn't make the claims.

FA 2006 report on groundsman incident; "Evra has never claimed to have heard such a remark on that day"

Mike Phelan and Richard Hartis claimed the groundsman racially abused Evra. Evra made no such claim.

So-o... what's everyone's views on this now?