Evu

Reaction score
At last!!!

After playing the game for 7 agonizing months I`ve finally managed to create a successfull 4-4-2 tactic.

I created it using Man Utd and won the league 3 times on the trot aswell as the champions league once. I thaught I`d better test it with a lower league club so I played with Rotherham and won the league more than 40 points clear!

View attachment 192042View attachment 192045View attachment 192046View attachment 192047View attachment 192048View attachment 192050View attachment 192043

I tried to keep it very simple and it seems to work.

Up front I use a pacey striker on the right and a strong, creative striker on the left.

In the center of midfield my creative player is on the right and the defensive one on the left.

I like to use traditional wingers down the flanks supported by defensive minded but pacey fullbacks.

At right center back is my destroyer who needs to be good in the air (he will get goals!) and at left center back is the cover who needs good anticipation.

I prefer to use a keeper with good ariel ability, handling and reflexes as he will be dealing with a lot of long shots against him.

I only use shouts when the weather is poor, I use get the ball forward, exploit the flanks and pass into space.

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
I don`t use oi`s and match prep is set to team blend. I put workload to high until team is fluent with the tactic and then knock it down to low.

This tactic has been amazing for me playing as United, I was getting dominated by teams playing 3 in centre midfield but this tactic has turned the tables.

Highly recommended for anyone who loves to play 442 and works perfectly for United playing:
Rooney/Hernandez up front
Nani/Valencia on the wings
Anderson/Fletcher in midfield
Fabio/Rafael at full back
Ferdinand/Vidic at centre back

Glad to see its working well for some people. When I was United I baught Ganso for the centre and he was amazing, Barca and Real were offering £65 million for him!! I also trained Anderson for the left wing where he does a very good job.

How do u get traditional wingers to work?In my FM they cross a lot but most of them are scrambled away by the opposition!!

Ithink they work well with this tactic due to the counter attacking style and the fairly fast pace. Most of the goals from the crossing aren`t scored by heading but by a striker surging forward and sliding in. You could try reducing creative freedom if they are wasting too many crosses but I feel the balance is ok as it is.

what kind of striker combo is best upfront? im man city and i have aguero, tevez, dzeko and adebayor. which pair is best? short on the left and tall on the right?

Its not really a tall/short striker tactic its more creator/finisher, that said I would try tevez or dzeko on the left and aguero or adebayor on the right. Tevez and aguero or so versatile though that they could play in either position, if you played them together you could get them to swap positions and the opposition defence wouldn`t know what to do!

ok il try that! also it seems abit dodgy away from home. i think it maybe a confidence thing as it hasnt always been like this for me. last season was quite solid away from home. any advice on what to do for away games?

Last edited:
I don`t alter the tactic home or away, the only thing I do different is team talks. I know its against the normal wisdom of team talks but I like to be more demanding when away and ease the pressure off when at home, seems to work for me anyway.

what sort of team talk do you use away from home then if your more demanding? "i expect a win"?

Depends on the situation but usually yes, especially against rivals. If its nearig the end of the season and things are a bit tight I try to ease of the pressure by saying "no pressure" or " we can win". If the team is getting complacent, away I just use the same but at home I say "wish luck", this seems to make the team think that maybe they aren`t guaranteed a win.

Last edited:
Glad to see its working well for you Sliverhz