rickcfc

Reaction score

FULHAM DISPENSE OF HUGHES

There was surprise and disbelief today, not least among Fulham fans, as the club confirmed the departure of new coach Mark Hughes. With the season not even underway, Hughes is said to be furious at his dismissal, less than 4 weeks after his appointment. Rumours circulating this evening, claim Hughes is actively seeking to get in touch with the LMA committee and taking action on Fulham FC. A representative of Hughes said "Mark is bitterly upset and disappointed, in no way was this deserved or neccessary. We aim to go through the correct channels and take legal action"​

No official word has been heard from Fulham chairman Mohammed al-Fayed, or the club chief-executive, although a short statement issued earlier read "We are sorry to have released Mark from his deal so early. We apologise with a great deal to Mark, and to the Fulham fans for the confusion this situation has caused. A search for Mark's replacement will take place with immediate effect."​

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

BOOKIES SUSPEND BETTING EARLY REGARDING NEW FULHAM BOSS

Jurgen Klinsmann arrives at Heathrow with rumours claiming a Fulham meeting beckons

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

FULHAM CONFIRM APPOINTMENT OF KLINSMANN

Fulham Football Club have announced the appointment of Jurgen Klinsmann as the clubs new manager. With Mark Hughes only leaving the club 48hrs ago, this appointment is one which media, and some fans claim was agreed "days, if not weeks, ago". Klinsmann, who played in the Premier League for Tottenham Hotspur back in the 90's, was a constant link to Liverpool in the past, but a return to London now beckons. Despite a failed stint as Bayern Munich manager, Mohamed al-Fayed claims he is the right man for Fulham. "When we agreed to release Mark Hughes, we wanted a name which would make headlines and catch people's eye, we feel Jurgen Klinsmann is that man. No other manager was interviewed, and other than Jurgen, only Marco van Basten was even mentioned in board meetings. Fulham FC are delighted with this appointment, and will unveil Jurgen in due course"

KLINSMANN UNVEILED BY FULHAM

"We welcome you here today to unveil our new manager, who, as you know is Jurgen Klinsmann. Jurgen is a up and coming manager who we feel will raise the bar at Fulham FC and move us to the next level. The contract given to Jurgen is for 4 yrs, and he will be given all the time needed to get Fulham to the position he wants them. We wish to point out that any questions regarding Mark Hughes, won't be answered. Thanks"
Sky Sports: Hi, Jurgen, what appealed to you about Fulham FC?
Hello, well, firstly im delighted to be here, secondly, what appealed to me was the vision of owner Mr. Al-Fayed. His goals and aims matched mine, and we both felt that a great working partnership was in place here at Fulham for the both of us, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to turn this relationship into fruition. But, yes I'm thrilled to be at Fulham, I've had time at FC Bayern and of course with my country, and have all the qualities to improve Fulham.
BBC: Jurgen, some claim this was agreed before Mark Hughes' departure, was it?
Look, I don't want to talk about Mark Hughes, Mr. Al-Fayed has pointed this out to you. I'm here to talk about Fulham Football Club, and Fulham only.
Ok then sorry, do you have any idea regarding budgets and player transfers? And staff also
Well, we've had tentative discussions about personnel, but nothing major. I need to see the players for myself in training, and make decisions following pre-season. With regards to staff, I'd obviously like to bring some people I know into the coaching set-up but there's time to make changes, we won't be radical.
Other: Whats the aims for the first season?
Consolidation, I want to get a steady squad, with the right balance and with some quality players. We want to be a regular top 10 side and push for Europe. The club is capable of it as shown by Roy Hodgson during his time here. We want to bring that back, and improve on it. I want to make Fulham's fans excited to come to Craven Cottage and watch their side.

"We now wish to conclude this press conference. Many thanks to you all for coming today and welcoming Jurgen Klinsmann into Fulham FC. It's thoroughly appreciated."

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

TRIO FREE TO LEAVE

Jurgen Klinsmann has already stamped his authority on Fulham's squad by telling 3 players their Fulham career's are over. Fredrik Stoor, Chris Baird and Diomansy Kamara have all been told to find new clubs. Rumour mill claims this isn't the end of Klinsmann's axe wielding.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Senegalses hitman Diomansy Kamara has completed a move away from Fulham. Italian giants AS Roma have swooped to take him away from Fulham on a free transfer. Having been told by Jurgen Klinsmann he wasn't wanted, the player agreed terms within hours of arriving in Italy.
Klinsmann said "I've looked over the squad in training, and I just feel that there are better options than Diomansy in the squad, who play in the same position. I wish him luck"

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:24 PM ----------

FIRST SIGNING OF WINDOW FOR COTTAGERS

AC Milan defender Oguchi Onyewu has completed his move to Fulham this evening. The USA international, who also spent time at Newcastle on loan, has signed a 2 year deal. A fee of £1.7m was agreed between the 2 clubs while Fulham's chief-executive was in Italy to tie up the Diomansy Kamara deal. He will prove to be a stern addition to Fulham's backline, and sees Fulham make their first dip into the transfer market under Klinsmann.​

"This is a terrific signing and I'm sure the fans, like me, can't wait to see Oguchi strut his stuff at Craven Cottage" said Klinsmann
"I'm delighted to join Fulham , I love the Premier League and am fully confident in my ability to do well here" said Onyewu

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

KLINSMANN ISSUES WARNING TO CLUBS

Fulham manager Jurgen Klinsmann issued a stern warning to clubs today regarding Brede Hangeland. Rumours recently have gathered pace that Chelsea are lining up a swoop for the Norwegian centre-back. Hangeland himself hasn't commented on the stories, however manager Klinsmann said "Brede is a terrific centre back, and is the sort of centre back this club would be foolish to sell. We want to keep our best players and I will ensure I do everything in my power to make sure Brede stays at the club. I've seen the stories regarding Chelsea, but I've had no contact with them, and no one from the club has told me that Chelsea have spoken to anybody with ties to Fulham FC. He isn't for sale, we don't want to sell... matter closed."

[/URL][/LEFT]
[CENTER][URL="http://img196.imageshack.us/i/chelsea20badge.jpg/"][IMG]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8325/chelsea20badge.jpg

[/CENTER]

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

DUO DEPART FOR PASTURES NEW

Chris Baird has completed a season-long loan move to Everton with the option to buy. A fee of £2.4m has been inserted into the loan meaning Everton can essentially purchase the player at anytime. Although very versatile, his manager deemed him surplus to requirements.
"He just wasn't the sort of player I wanted. He's a good lad, and I couldn't keep him here under false pretences saying he'd play games, when he wouldn't have done." said Klinsmann

"AT LAST!" says Swedish star

Swedish full-back Fredrik Stoor has revealed today he was delighted to leave Fulham after feeling stagnated as a footballer. The full back, who was a 'forgotten man' at Fulham said "I am delighted. I was beginning to wonder if i'd ever kick a ball again at Fulham. I had to move, and was desperate, the moment Almeria came in, I told my agent he has to agree a deal whatever. I have nothing against the Fulham fans they are great, I just feel Fulham FC as a club, almost ruined my career."
"Soon as I knew Fredrik's situation, I decided I'd let him go, we invited offers by touting Stoor around various clubs, and Almeria came in straight away. Good luck to Fredrik" said Klinsmann​

Last edited:
Nice story........

INJURY HITS YOUNGSTER

Fulham youngster David Elm has suffered a torn calf muscle ruling him out for upto 4months. In a season where the Swede was expected to make a name for himself, this injury has been a huge setback. Elm is said to be distraught at the injury and has vowed to do all he can to make a speedy recovery

Meanwhile, manager Jurgen Klinsmann confirms young left-back Matthew Briggs has completed a £400,000 move to Preston. The youngster is said to be looking forward to furthering his career.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

MANIC DAY OF TRANSFERS AT FULHAM

An amazing day of transfers at Fulham today saw a few ins and outs. With manager Jurgen Klinsmann saying he wants to stamp his mark on this side, he's certainly doing that. Ajax young star Nicolai Boilesen arrived on a season long loan as cover. The talented Swede had no shortage of takers prior to his Ajax move with Europe's elite watching him, and Fulham's swoop is seen as a surprise by many inside Dutch football.
Then, 2 hours later Fulham announced the signing of Marcelo Moreno from Shakhtar for £2.3m. The ex-Wigan loanee signing a 3 year deal. He adds cover for injured star David Elm.
Meanwhile, in a bizarre move, the West Londoners sold Welsh midfielder Simon Davies for just £1.5m to Burnley. The player himself saying "its a complete surprise to me, when I was told Jurgen is prepared to sell me, I immediately felt unwanted and a move seemed right"

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

OPENING LEAGUE FIXTURE ARRIVES

Fulham manager Jurgen Klinsmann takes charge of his first league game today against West Ham, hoping to make the best possible start to his Fulham career. At a press conference Klinsmann said "The opening day is always nerve racking and I am hoping to get past the nerves and thoroughly enjoy the occasion. The players are ready, I am ready, and after a good pre-season we feel suitably prepared. Our new players will be in the squad, apart from Boilesen who, we feel would benefit by getting some experience in our reserves before making first-team appearances. Senderos, Dembele, Johnson and Elm wont feature as they're all carrying knocks. Otherwise we are fully fit. With regards to club captaincy I'd like to announce Danny Murphy as the captain, he has fantastic leadership skills, and his work rate and influence are attributes we feel he holds better than anyone else in the squad.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

FULHAM 3-1 WEST HAM
The best possible start for Klinsmann's tenure today with a comfortable win over West Ham. With debuts handed to Moreno and Onyewu, Fulham looked very strong. Captain Danny Murphy showed why he has been given the role with a excellent right footed finish after 30mins. In the 2nd half, Fulham continued to attack West Ham and went 2-0 up when Gera's corner was thundered home by Brede Hangeland, and 3 minutes later Damien Duff whipped in another corner, and Bobby Zamora stooped to stick Fulham 3-0 up and cruising. New signing Moreno pulled a great save out of Rob Green, and Danny Murphy also hit a post. West Ham grabbed a consolation on 83mins with a Matthew Upson header.

BIG GUNS LEFT RED FACED
YOUNG STAR OPTS FOR FULHAM

Fulham pulled off a surprise signing today with the club confirming the capture of Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Having been courted by clubs such as Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in recent weeks, Fulham stole a march and tied the player down on a 4 year deal. The transfer fee has not been announced, although it is thought to include various add-ons depending on success. Klinsmann added "I was advised by club scouts that this would be a major mark for us in the transfer market, and we are delighted he chose Fulham"

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

CITIZENS RAID FULHAM RANKS

Man City have flexed their financial muscle today by poaching Fulham youngster Marcello Trotta for £1.4m. Although yet to make an apperance for Fulham, it was thought he was held in high regard at craven cottage. However, Man City's pull was obviously too much for the youngster to refuse.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

BLACKBURN 2-0 FULHAM

A match which didn't reproduce Fulhams previous performance as Blackburn dominated. Despite going close early on through Marcelo Moreno, Fulham rarely troubled Robinson in the Blackburn goal. After a goalless first half, Fulham conceded early on in the 2nd through a Nikola Kalinic effort. A pull back from Gamst Pedersen landing straight at the feet of the Croatian who couldn't miss. With Fulham clinging to hope of a equaliser, Blackburn dashed their hopes, with a good finish from Martin Olsson. The full-back over lapping his man down the flank, and drilling home from the angle into the far bottom corner. "We didn't continue our previous performance today, but this will bring us back down to earth and we must recover quickly" said Klinsmann.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

FULHAM 4-0 SCUNTHORPE
Fulham made easy work of Scunthorpe this evening with a professional display. Danny Murphy scored a 5th minute penalty to ease home fans nerves. Within 15minutes Bobby Zamora smashed home from 18 yards with a rifled shot which gave Fulham a cushion of 2 goals. After the break, outstanding performer Nicolai Boilesen, making his debut, whipped in a superb cross for Zoltan Gera to nod home and make it 3-0. The fourth goal, was setup by substitue Kagiso Dikgacoi, who thread a lovely through ball to Gera whos **** was parried by the keeper, straight to Zamora who stroked home for 4-0. "This was a great performance and I was delighted with how well the players who came in did, especially Nicolai and David Stockdale." said Klinsmann, when asked about the upcoming transfer deadline he responded "we'll see what happens"
FULHAM 2-3 MAN UTD
A great game at Craven Cottage today saw 5 goals produced between Fulham and Man Utd. Fulham took an early lead through a Moreno header, and could of doubled the lead soon after but for Murphy to sky his effort. Utd then equalised on the half hour mark through Dimitar Berbatov who went past Onyewu before slotting beneath Stockdale; the young keeper keeping his place after a superb midweek performance. 3 minutes later it was 2-1 Utd, Berbatov again, this time rising highest to head home Giggs' corner. Within 5minutes, Fulham levelled, Boilesen whipping in a great ball which Moreno volleyed, only for it to deflect off Evra and into Utd's net, an unfortunate OG for the left-back. With a point looking likely, Wayne Rooney won it for Utd. Dispossessing Stephen Kelly, before cutting inside and curling the ball around Stockdale's helpless dive. "We were so unlucky, I cannot fault the effort and commitment one bit" said Klinsmann

RUMOURS OF RIFT BETWEEN PLAYER AND BOSS

REPORTS COMING FROM FULHAM TONIGHT INDICATE A RIFT BETWEEN MANAGER JURGEN KLINSMANN AND AMERICAN STAR CLINT DEMPSEY. WITH NO OFFICIAL WORD FROM EITHER, STRONG RUMOURS SUGGEST IT IS OVER A TRANSFER OFFER WHICH FULHAM HAVE REFUSED. THE CLUB ALLEGED TO HAVE BID HAVE NOT BEEN NAMED, BUT ITS THOUGHT DEMPSEY IS UNHAPPY AT THE REJECTION AND HAS TOLD KLINSMANN THIS.

DEADLINE DAY LOOMS, CLUBS PREPARE LAST MINUTE DEALS. WILL FULHAM SWOOP? WILL DEMPSEY LEAVE? WHAT SHOCKS WILL BE ON THE CARDS?

RENNES WIDEMAN WINGS INTO FULHAM
Fulham have announced the £2.5m signing of Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux. The Frenchman was thought to be on his way to Liverpool, but Fulham quickly agreed a deal with Rennes this afternoon and the player flew over to agree terms this evening. He becomes Fulham's 5th signing of the window, and takes the total outlay to just under £8m. Klinsmann said "Sylvain is terrific and will really add competition for places in our midfield. He's quick, intelligent, crosses well and has a good footballing brain. We tied this deal up quickly as we knew Liverpool were close to agreeing something. The fact we have now got Sylvain in our ranks is a massive lift to everyone here." Klinsmann also added that "this is our business finished for the window, no players will be leaving either"

Last edited: