kmyn

Reaction score
The same things keeps happening to me over and over again. Have had three or four campaigns (with mostly decent championship teams) where I have a blistering start in the first 5-10 games (usually end up being 2nd/1st), followed by a spell of average form (usually a series of draws) and then a TERRIBLE downturn around November time which usually sees me plummet to mid table and eventually the sack.

I feel like I've tried everything either to prevent or just as the form starts to turn worse; change of formation/style (and leaving it), being more lenient/expectant in team talks to combat complacency, letting the first team thrash a reserve side for a game to boost morale etc

Makes me want to stop playing the game at the minute because I just can't seem to prevent this from happening. Any advice anyone?

Last edited:
Freshen your tactics up a little. Make subtle changes; if your changes are too drastic, it'll take a while for your players to get used to again. For example, try changing the depth of your defensive line is conceding is the problem, or try shaping the team around your striker if lack of goals is the problem.

Would also recommend player rotation. If you have players with average or below natural fitness+stamina they'll need a break at some point

If you start winning, the other teams will be more defensive. Watch out for high defensive line, for me it's the biggest trap in 13

Thanks for the responses. With player fitness my general rule is that I won't start a player under 92% condition, does this provide enough rotation would you say? I will take on board the point about the subtle tweaks, to be honest when we start drawing 0-0 quite a bit I tried changing from a counter to attacking philosophy which didn't seem to solve my problems.

Maybe other teams were lining up more defensively and my counter philosophy wasn't suitable, or maybe my teamtalks are still of, I'm really not sure.

92 % for me is too low. I play above 97%
Wow okay, would be interesting to see how much that stretches the squad if I used that criteria with a midweek game after playing on the saturday!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sion/107556-what-do-if-you-just-cant-win.html

Helped me out this game is much more realistic you need to take more time in match preparation when it gives you a scouting report on the opposition read it, look what it tells you to do like attacking movement etc then look at their squad depth look at their weaknesses and strengths etc and target it look at formations used and faced as it will help you set up for the game

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sion/107556-what-do-if-you-just-cant-win.html

Helped me out this game is much more realistic you need to take more time in match preparation when it gives you a scouting report on the opposition read it, look what it tells you to do like attacking movement etc then look at their squad depth look at their weaknesses and strengths etc and target it look at formations used and faced as it will help you set up for the game
Nice one have had a read of that, I do read the opposition scout reports at the minute and have noticed for example some teams concede a lot more to 4-4-2 for example but I've stuck with my 4-3-3 because I thought it was wrong to play completely different formations game to game, but worth a try at this point!

Good point, I don't change game to game but I use it against stronger teams and teams just above my level or when there's a team with a specific strength or weakness I'll to to act against it :) oh and when there's a weakness for example at LB and if I'm using wingers I'll set my focused passing to down right flank and sometimes set the right winger as playmaker

Wow okay, would be interesting to see how much that stretches the squad if I used that criteria with a midweek game after playing on the saturday!

I have 3 keepers, 22 players, one for each position, plus 3 more that need to cover 2 or 3 positions each. Total of 28 players. Also, i don't play the 11st eleven twice