Excel - Calculate Player Role and Duty

shunt

Reaction score
Hello all,

The excel files(.xls and .xslx) in the attached .zip document are an offline alternative based on the website laan made, it uses the same calculations to decide player role and duty.
I often use the website myself, but since it is now unavailable, I decided to create this excel file, which should perform the same.

Not all roles/duties are included, this was created for my 4-3-3 system and am sharing this with you.

You will have to manually input all attribute values of the player you want to calculate, if a value is greater then 20, that field will be highlighted in red.
When all fields are filled in, the score will be put next to the role/duty, the highest score(s) will be highlighted in green.
For an example, please see attached .jpg file.

There is no guarantee that your player will play at his best potential, it is a guideline, players need time to adapt to tactics and personal instructions!

There are 2 files included, .xls and .xlsx (both should work the same)
I have not put a protection password on any of the excel files, be careful not to mess it up ;)

Tip: if you are calculating a new player, it is smart to copy the "Framework" onto a new tab/sheet and name it after the player you are calculating, this will save you time if you want to update the player in another season. It also allows you to keep a little database of your own calculated players, all in 1 file!

More role/duties might be added depending on how well people like this (very basic) version and the demand is there to add more role/duties.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

I hope you like it!

Last edited:
how do you use it??

can u explain 2 me??;)
Sure, you open one of the excel files and you open the player profile in FM 2011 you want to calculate, then you will have to add all of the numbers that are on the player profile in the excel file.
If your player has 12 on crossing, you add 12 next to crossing in the excel file, the same goes for all the other attributes.
After all has been added, it will automatically calculate the score for that player and indicate which role/duty is best for him.

I hope this helps :)

sorry i can not english well. I use google translate

I finally found this tool

link made ​​by Laan could not be opened

thank you for making it in the form of excel

the less is the position for the defender (wing back, fullback, etc) and goalkeeper

maybe you can add it later

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

been trying to find a replacement tool for this ever since the website one went down, cheers.

Really many thanks for this, shunt. But, I would still like to calculate all roles. Because I can't calculate winger's role, or defenders. If you can put a little bit more effort, I will appreciate it.

Useful little tool that, would download if I hadn't already made a one for myself....

been trying to find a replacement tool for this for ages

thanks.

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful. If you ever get the time to make a comprehensive one, with all roles, that would be awesome!

I also really like how the best role is highlighted.

Exelent tool, thanks for the work.

A question any chance of compare 2 players in the same position like gk v/s gk, st v/s st, def v/s def?

example:

i use you tool to set best position for 2 players and both are central midfielder - attack, then know who is best?

Thanks

PD: English is not my languaje sorry :D

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful. If you ever get the time to make a comprehensive one, with all roles, that would be awesome!

I also really like how the best role is highlighted.
Thanks for your reply, as for the suggestion to put all roles in, I was thinking of doing that but it's a lot of work to put all of them in and still make it look a bit organized.
I also play a lot less FM, there MIGHT be better versions coming but I can't guarantee anything or any time at this point.
Glad you like it :)

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Exelent tool, thanks for the work.

A question any chance of compare 2 players in the same position like gk v/s gk, st v/s st, def v/s def?

example:

i use you tool to set best position for 2 players and both are central midfielder - attack, then know who is best?

Thanks

PD: English is not my languaje sorry :D
Hello and thanks for your kind reply.
The central mid with the highest rating indicated in the sheet should in theory be better, but keep in mind that there are hidden attributes in FM that could influence his performance and much more stuff like how your relationship is with him etc.
My advice would be to put the highest rated player in the central mid position and see how he performs, keep a close eye on his match ratings and assists/goals, if he fails to perform, try and put in the next best central mid, he might score less in the excel sheet, but he might outperform the best rated one by scoring more goals, giving more assists, higher match ratings, etc.

You can't tell who is better until you tried both, give them time to adapt to the position as well.
Furthermore, you can compare 2 players in the game itself, this might help you make a decision, look for key central mid attributes: passing, shooting, long shots, creativity, work rate, strength, stamina, ... I'm sure there's a post somewhere that lists key attributes for specific positions.
Just a question, which 2 players are we talking about?

thanks for reply shunt, for you question is not a specific players, but now i know how use you tool and this work pretty well for me.

Thanks again :)

This is brilliant tbh, I really do think you should add the other positions :)

whr is winger,inside forward , wide midfielders role???????????

This calculator is good, but could you add the defender, full back........ to the calculator?

Sorry this could be a stupid question Could you if possible explain to me how you get the the best value to be highlighted green

Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing, it calculates everything up, but my spreadsheet isn't displaying the best role in highlights?

It should highlight the best role in green as the screenshot in my first post, did you change anything at all?
If it's not highlighting, try to re-download see if that helps.

What version of excel are you using?
Do you use openoffice?