ChelseaFan257

Reaction score
I like to play a narrow, possession-based 4-2-3-1 with Chelsea. I've been doing pretty well so far (halfway into the first season) but one thing really throws me off: my team commits way too many fouls. Of course, to implement my high-pressing strategy, I have "Hassle Opponents" turned on in the team instructions and player instructions for most positions include "Close Down More". However, when I saw that my team was often committing too many fouls, I decided to use "Stay On Feet" and "Ease Off tackles", but there's been little to no change as far as foul counts go.

I've currently racked up 375 fouls in 22 games (average of 17), plus 37 yellows. Maybe it's just me but that still seems a little on the high side. I've had at least 2-3 games where the opposition manager commented post-match that my style was physical and over-aggressive. And in a Champions League Group match against CSKA Moscow, I actually had my entire first-choice back four suspended for picking up too many yellow cards. Anyone have ideas on what I could do to work on this?

Also, maybe it's bad luck but it seems to me that there are too many players, both mine and those of the opponents, getting injured in the process of committing fouls. Has anyone else seen that happen?

discipline your player via the media or issue warnings to them it helps them to calm down and pick there tackles more wisely .. may take some time in your case as it looks like the whole team wants to break legs lol

p.s becareful not to upset the player. strait red card is a 2 week fine , anything else just issue a warning the first time then give a 1 week fine if it happens again

Last edited: