My first season of the game with my beloved Rangers and having had great success with a slight tweak of your tactics last year I came back looking for more inspiration. I've been using this shape here, constantly using your updates to tweak it. V11 has just about perfected it.
View attachment 986208
Now I would expect to win the league and probably the Challenge Cup. But how would it go?

Well early doors looked great as we kicked off the season with a 26 game unbeaten run, knocking a couple of Premiership clubs out of the League Cup in the process. Finally that ground to a halt when in true FM style I lost 3-0 to Falkirk, they had 4 shots, I had 28 shots and 67% possession. You all know how it goes :p

Anyhoo, lets skip ahead. All goes well in the cups and I book a place in the Challenge Cup Final and the League Cup Semi as well as a 24 point lead in the league at Christmas. So with the league wrapped up how did the cups go?

Having defeated Inverness 3-1 in the Semi, The League Cup Final comes first in March and of course I'm playing Celtic!! To my delight and surprise however.
View attachment 986218

So one down. On to the Challenge Cup in April, which went as expected.

View attachment 986206

So a double and probable treble with the league and promotion in the bag. So onto the big one in May, the curtain closer. The Scottish Cup and potential and unexpected Europa League Qualification. You guessed it. Celtic again! However with the tweaks from V11 applied we are flying in the lead up to it, 60-70% possession a game and countless CCC's and HC's, barely a long shot in sight. Couldn't happen against a Celtic team that had lost 3 times all season domestically though could it? ;)

View attachment 986220

Quadruple! (H)

View attachment 986223View attachment 986224

My tactic uses all the same TI's and PI's just different roles and depending on backroom advice changing between Much Higher Defensive Line with Offside and Deeper without Offside. My staff haven't got it wrong yet and the time I ignored them I was 2 down at half-time from balls over the top. Oh and instructing the IF's to Specific Man Mark the furthest forward wide players of the opposition.

Basically this was a long way of saying thanks for all your work.

Love it! But do you change to deeper only when the staff suggest you should play deeper? Often i got the advised that they recommend not so high line. Should i drop deeper then as well?

Love it! But do you change to deeper only when the staff suggest you should play deeper? Often i got the advised that they recommend not so high line. Should i drop deeper then as well?

I would drop deeper against weaker opposition, it gives you more space to play in and cuts out their counter attacks. Against better opposition, in my case only Celtic (unless I'm in Europe), I play Higher and offside trap.

I would drop deeper against weaker opposition, it gives you more space to play in and cuts out their counter attacks. Against better opposition, in my case only Celtic (unless I'm in Europe), I play Higher and offside trap.

This tweaked tactic work so good for me, really loved it! But with the new pach it was destroyed :/