nuthed01

Reaction score
I'm an avid FM player but i often get bored too quickly with playing my club in the A-league (melbourne victory) as the competition is too small, and other challenges only really hold my attention for so long.

So essentially what i'm doing is expanding the A-league to 16 teams. Details are pretty irrelevant, i've added everything i need to add and i can get the league to function just fine. Problem is the finals series and the FFA cup no longer function or even appear in the game, and when adding nation rules for these two nothing i do seems to get them to work on the test. Can anyone help out with this? If you'd like my editor file (sans nation rules at the moment) i am happy to upload.

(edit) as an aside, i'd very much like to eventually tie it in with say an edited database that has a number of other asian competitions added so i can have a much more realistic asian champions league, but that can be done later.

Last edited:
Only 1 small hurdle to complete this now:

Reserve teams, why the **** can't i get them to work? I've done everything i can think of for absolutely no result. Doesn't seem to matter what i do, reserve teams don't play a single game. Any help? By the way, i'm using the advanced editor.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a clue how to create decent custom fixtures?

All i want to create is a fixture list like this (similar to what we really have)

Friday night, 1 or 2 games, preferably bigger games/derbies
Saturday arvo game, whoever
Saturday night game, preferably bigger games/derbies
Sunday arvo/night game, whoever
Wednesday night, catch up and minor games

First round always looks great, 8 games across 3 days at about 5-6 different time zones... and then from the next round onwards it all goes to ****. 7 and 8 games per day religiously, NO friday night games from round 1 till the finals... what am i doing wrong, it's like it's acknowledging i'm doing the right thing by having round 1 set up pretty well, and then just giving me the finger from then on. Is this thing shoddy or am i doing the wrong thing?

Also i have repeatedly, REPEATEDLY, set as many restrictions as possible on what days to play the finals series. The finals series is based on the old format, very straight forward (see below) so i've I set the fixture manually: fridays, saturdays and sundays, a total of 7 games over 4 weeks, very simple, there's nothing clashing with it, i've turned on the "plays on national teams dates" thing as well like how the a-league operates now, BUT IT INSISTS ON FIXTURING FINALS ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!! WHY?!

View attachment 138978

I don't know how to create custom fixtures, never managed to do that successfully... The reserves and that though; if you select a team - say Victory, for example - and open up their competitions page, deselect 'has no reserve/youth fixtures,' unless you've already done so in which case I don't have a clue!