DarklinkCL

Reaction score
I offer £10,000,000 for a player, and he will be loaned to his current team until the end of the season. Offer accepted, player refuses to negotiate because "he doesn't want to be loaned out a this current club"...

Ok, fine. Kinda...

I make another offer, the same but without that option. Offer is "unacceptable" for tha AI team...
I offer a bit more, AI team negotiates the offer to ****** £23,000,000!!! I refuse, obviously.

And then Barcelona comes, making a ridiculusly low offer: £3,000,000 + other £3,000,000 bonus WITH the loan clause. AI team accepts the offer, player accepts too, evidently forgetting that he refused the exact same thing two days before. Player is gone to Barcelona, which will pay much less than whatI wanted to pay.

*******. Explain. This.

**** it's 2015, we already had many patches and SI Games still lets things like this to happen...

How does your squad compare to Barcelona? How good is the player compared to your squad and compared to Barca's squad?

Also, what team are you playing as, and what team did the player belong to?

Not that I don't still think it's stupid, by all means. The financial directors at that club must be very speshul.

I'm also wondering how old the player is, so how much can he still improve and how will he compare to the existing squads (yours or Barca) then?

Sounds like BS to me, would be well ****** off it that happened!!

I have encountered this and there is a work around, change the transfer date till the end of the season. This worked for me when I encountered thid problem.

Stupid decision by the club, obvious decision by the player if you are managing a team with lower rep which are 95% of the team in FM.

I think its a bug that also happened in 14.

My club: Wolfsburg (1st in the Bundesliga but obviously less attractive than Barça)
Player: Gabriel Barbosa, 19 years old
Season: 2015/16

I don't think that it really matters though, the player was more than happy to join me (he just didn't want to spend other 6 months at Santos, but apparently it changed his mind when Baça came). What bothers me is what Santos did, stupidly refusing my offer but ending up selling Barbosa for a much lower amount of money.

And it's not the first time that something like this happens. It's not uncommon that teams accept offers from other AI teams for a player, but then I come and they insist to negotiate my offers even if I match the ones from the other clubs. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who experienced this.

Anyway, I ended up signing Luka Jovic for £7,000,000. I've heard he's pretty good too...but my first choice was Barbosa, and I'm so ****** off that I couldn't get him only because of a "bug".
I love this game, don't get me wrong. I've been playing it since CM 00/01 and I will probably play it forever lol. I'm only puzzled because such a stupid issue like this still needs to be fixed by SI Games, after all this years.

Barbosa's team obviously see him valuable for the season, Hence why they would like him back on loan? And if you take that clause out they want more money to compensate not having him.

And the reason I think he rejected going on loan to them through your deal was the fact your Wolfsburg? He must see Barca as a more worthwhile reason to go back on loan knowing he is heading there after?

It still doesn't make much sense to me...I was paying more indeed, if you read the OP.

You still haven't answered how good Barbosa's CA and PA is compared to you and Barca's squads.

It makes sense. 10m with the loan back, which was accepted. Barca's offer was 6m + the loan back, which was also accepted. What's the problem?

I even offered more than 10m (without the loan) later, and still they wanted a ridiculusly negotiated price or 21m. And it was not even 6m but 3 + other 3 as bounuses.
In the end they lost a lot of money, sorry but it's not a realistic decision. I can even question Barbosa's decision to accept Barcelona's loan back offer and rejecting mine, since he's not going to play there and would have be the main star in my time. But it's definitely more realistic than Santos' masochistic behaviour.

As for CA and PA, I don't know. I don't use real time editors, it ruins the game experience.

I even offered more than 10m (without the loan) later, and still they wanted a ridiculusly negotiated price or 21m. And it was not even 6m but 3 + other 3 as bounuses.
In the end they lost a lot of money, sorry but it's not a realistic decision. I can even question Barbosa's decision to accept Barcelona's loan back offer and rejecting mine, since he's not going to play there and would have be the main star in my time. But it's definitely more realistic than Santos' masochistic behaviour.

As for CA and PA, I don't know. I don't use real time editors, it ruins the game experience.

And thats exactly why he agreed to be loaned back to santos for Barca and not you. If he is good enough to start for your team and be one of the better players there already, why would he want to be sent to another club? where as at Barca, its unlikely he will get many games, so he can use the time at Santos to improve himself.

Chances are you offered too high of a squad staus for him to refuse the loan.

as for the amount, Barca could of put all sorts of clauses in the transfer deal. Obviously the loan back (which reduced the fee) they could of also had a play friendly clause, percentage of next sale (rather than profit) both will also reduce the fee.

Additionally, the manager at Barca may have a good relationship the the manager at Santos. That in turn also helps reduce the fee.

He means his rating. His star rating in comparision to your club squads.

Also, not that unrealistic, but definitely more frustrating. It's not Santos' decision that's more puzzling, it's Barbosa's. Even now in the PL for example, Danny Ings. If Burnley sell him now, they'll definitely get more money, as compared to the fact that he may move for just compensation in the summer (peanuts if a foreign club, and around 4m if an English club). But he is important to them this season, and so is staying put. Same with Santos, they don't mind accepting a lower offer, as long as they get back Barbosa for the loan spell, he is probably necessary to them in some way.

As for Barbosa, he probably is looking forward to playing for Barca eventually more than he is looking forward to playing for Wolfsburg. Hence, he is even happy going ahead with the loan offer, as long as he returns to them. *shrugs*

What's the issue? They wanted 23m, which you could have negotiated on. The loan back is obviously important to them. Even Barca had to offer the loan back.

As Sherkey rightly said, I meant rating. Just some indication of how good he is compared to the 2 squads. You have indicated that he'd be a star in your team - probably why he rejected a loan back to Santos, because he'd want to play for you as a starter. You're saying he won't get that much time at Barca, so that would why he accepted their loan offer - a chance to play some first team football and improve so that he can compete for a starting spot at a big club.

You didn't negotiate well and lost out to Barca, End of story lol