DonVanberg

Reaction score
Hi!
If two teams that are already qualified for the EL/CL goes to the FA Cup-finale, will the 7th team in the league get the extra EL-spot then? A team that's currently in the middle of the table and won't qualify for any European cup went to the Channel One-finale against a team that will, so then that team will get a extra spot, but will the 7th team still get an extra spot through the FA Cup?

Sorry if my explanation were a little rough, hope you'll understand what i meant. :)

The rules are 5th place qualify for Europa League. The winners of the League Cup qualify for Europa League, however, if the winners are already qualified for the Champions League the place goes to 6th. The winners of the FA Cup qualify for Europa League but if they are already qualified for the Champions League the runners-up will take the place, I assume the same happens if the team that wins the FA Cup is in 5th place but I don't know for sure.

So basically, the only way 7th can qualify is if one of the top 4 win the League Cup and the FA Cup final is contested between two of the top four.

Okay, the team that won the League Cup is 4th in the League right now, and the finalists in the FA cup are also top 4 and all 3 will probably remain top-4. So will I then qualify for the Europa League if I manage to take the 7th place?

Thanks for the quick answer too :)

Okay, the team that won the League Cup is 4th in the League right now, and the finalists in the FA cup are also top 4 and all 3 will probably remain top-4. So will I then qualify for the Europa League if I manage to take the 7th place?

Thanks for the quick answer too :)

Luckily for you yes! Out of curiosity, what team are you?

Luckily for you yes! Out of curiosity, what team are you?

Wolverhampton, 2015/2016. I've qualified for the Europa League the last 2 seasons (won the Championship first season), but haven't really managed to take that next step yet. Have a very young team tough, with players such as M-A Ter Stegen in it, so I've got high expectations for the future. :)

Wolverhampton, 2015/2016. I've qualified for the Europa League the last 2 seasons (won the Championship first season), but haven't really managed to take that next step yet. Have a very young team tough, with players such as M-A Ter Stegen in it, so I've got high expectations for the future. :)

Quality mate! They were my favorite team outside of the Prem a few years ago. Living the dream when they were in it but poor board decisions have cost the club I think. I went mental when Sakho equalised the other day. I'm going to start a save with Wolves when I get the chance. The team isn't that bad on this years FM I think.

Quality mate! They were my favorite team outside of the Prem a few years ago. Living the dream when they were in it but poor board decisions have cost the club I think. I went mental when Sakho equalised the other day. I'm going to start a save with Wolves when I get the chance. The team isn't that bad on this years FM I think.

Nice! I too really like them outside of the prem, and they've always been kind of a boogeyteam for me on earlier games (I have no idea of how many keyboards Fletcher ows me).
If i spice up the defence a bit I think that the team can be really good, my mid-defence with Captain Fantastic (Danny Batth) and Dedryck Boyata is probably top-3 in the whole league, but my wingbacks are very weak.

Is it just me, or do you always kind of fall in love with the team you're coaching on FM? I love both Wolverhampton and Sunderland after long, successful saves in earlier games, it's pretty strange actually.

Nice! I too really like them outside of the prem, and they've always been kind of a boogeyteam for me on earlier games (I have no idea of how many keyboards Fletcher ows me).
If i spice up the defence a bit I think that the team can be really good, my mid-defence with Captain Fantastic (Danny Batth) and Dedryck Boyata is probably top-3 in the whole league, but my wingbacks are very weak.

Is it just me, or do you always kind of fall in love with the team you're coaching on FM? I love both Wolverhampton and Sunderland after long, successful saves in earlier games, it's pretty strange actually.

Haha yeah spot on mate. I've got a soft spot for Wolves and Villa! (Villa weren't ***** at the time though)

Haha yeah spot on mate. I've got a soft spot for Wolves and Villa! (Villa weren't ***** at the time though)

Nice! To return to topic for a second, I can say that i solved the EL-qualification by winning the whole tournament now. 3-1 in the finale against Newcastle, finally some success.

Nice! To return to topic for a second, I can say that i solved the EL-qualification by winning the whole tournament now. 3-1 in the finale against Newcastle, finally some success.

Well done mate. Did 8th place get a EL spot as well then? I know in real life it wouldn't happen but FM hasn't always been spot on with competition allocations.

Well done mate. Did 8th place get a EL spot as well then? I know in real life it wouldn't happen but FM hasn't always been spot on with competition allocations.

Haha agree. And yes, the 8th place did get a EL spot.