Bugses

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the players want extreme wages in FM13? Let me give you an example.

Club: Chelsea
Year: 2016
Wage budget: 10 mill
Player: Ademílson
Current wage: 30k
Want wage: 230k

And its like that all the way around the board. Every single player I got that I have to give a new contract, wants a extreme salary.

Whats wrong?

1) is he performing well?
2) what does he look like stat wise?
3) is he your first team star in 2016?
4) you should have offered him a long contract about 2 years ago and you could have signed him for probably more than half of that for another 3 years..

sign these type of players up, do not wait until near the end of their contracts, especially if they are your star players and have potential to become stars

I have seen a few, but nothing exorbitant..

I find its not that players want huge amounts, just that they seem to want new contracts all the time (according to my assistant manager anyway...), some within 6 months of joining the club!

Also Ibrahimovic (at the age of 33 and after leaving PSG) initially wanted £280,000 a week and an £8.4mil sign on fee...:)

I find its not that players want huge amounts, just that they seem to want new contracts all the time (according to my assistant manager anyway...), some within 6 months of joining the club!

Also Ibrahimovic (at the age of 33 and after leaving PSG) initially wanted £280,000 a week and an £8.4mil sign on fee...:)

yeah mate, that is probably because of the fact that they would want 50% more in say a years time in comparison to offering it to them now and signing them as I mentioned above :)

that is the result of what you saw with Ademilson, I assume you got emails like this monthly to offer him a new contract..

most of the time I ignore them but you need to sign up the stars early to avoid this in future

Lower your wage budget.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like most players demand high wages if they think the club can afford it. No matter how much they're actually worth.

Yeah. But its like that with ALL my players. Eden Hazard wants 1.1 mill a month. And he still got 1½ year left on his contract.
Azpilicueta wants a 200k increase. And he got 3 years left!

wage budget is way over the top, but its also based on your squads current wages, soo for instance your key player average wage is say 200k then more people who you call 'key players' will want that kind of money.

Yeah, its monthly. The only think I can do I guess, is to set the slider to transfer budget.

quick tip mate when any off your players talk to you about there contract pick the first 1 when talking to them i think it says you still have a long contract or something like that

I'm really confused so I'm just gonna go with: What Mark said! :D

On another note, I'm gonna try and get rid some of the huge wage players and then see what happens.