shimkens

Reaction score
So, i have just started a game with Arsenal and decided to bring a pretty cheap left winger playmaker, a all around defensive midflielder and a goalkeeper. Like I usally do, I've sent my best scouts to see how good player I'm looking for are, how much money do I need to spend, and if their wage demands are too high. Since I had good experiences with both of these player, I decided to go with Renato Augusto and Arturo Vidal, and after some thinking about the GK (and forgetting about Eneyama -.-), I went for Kameni, since literally anyone is better then Almunia. Turns out I could get the Leverkusen duo fairly cheap, even with Augusto requesting a transfer, and being on the list for 4.4 Million pounds. Just when I expected I would be getting two solid players, for a small amount of cash, they both demanded wages more then twice the amount my best scouts predicted they will (Scouts said somewhere around 35-55, they wanted more the 90k per week, with huuuge bonuses and fees).. And then, on the other hand, Kameni wanted 10k less then my scouts said he would.
Has anybody had the same problem? Is this some kind of bug with "greedy agents", or are the scouts just saying random numbers for wages?

um yes.... this is them being greedy (as in business and real life, the only time to talk money is at the begining, like we do in jobs and life) now this is when you say to them, you are only worth 60k a week, and negoiate all the other extra's like app fee's, goals etc and the signing on fee's! if they dont like it (i.e. their agents, they will come back with a different offer, also depends on his Patience) now you would notice that alot of the time they dont make changes to the Salary (if you took it from like 90k to 60k, but they will ask you to look at the extra's like if you took the app fee from 20k to 3k, as well as the signing on fee's)

NEVER EVER give the player what he or his agent demands first time around!

i was getting players asking for 89k etc with 22k app fee's and a 3.6 million signing on fee, I negotiated them down to like 56k and 12k and 2.1...

So you need to Negotiate, never accept their 1st contract demands, ever!

just remember your scouts are scouting the player, they can only tell you how much he is earning and from that give you an indication along with his ability for his demands...

The devils known as Agents are the greedy money making douche's who will try to exploit you for the best deal for his agent!

Thanks for the help, looks like I'll manage to get them for around 60 k per week, but they still want huge bonuses and the agents are greedy as ****,. I am still not that familiar with the new agent thingy, as soon as I saw 95 k I instantly dropped the negotiations. And yes, I know scouts aren't 100 percent accurate, duh.

That's one thing ive noticed, on almost every contract ive renewed they're wanting an endless list of bonuses... You could keep contracts simple in FM10 as they didnt want all of these clauses alot of the time, keeping your finances simple., but this time no! Plus im only managing a BSpremiere side...

While negotiation is very important, players on already high wages or coming to a rich club will obviously demand high wages.

I think a player interaction about lower your wage demands would be great.
In my game Benzema was transfer listed but wanted 300K wages, of course I told him to f*ck himself.

Also on player interactions we should be able to add our own comments. I **** licked Ronaldo as Barca for about an year and I became one of his agents disliked people. I wanted nothing more than to be able to mouth off his agent. *****

A thing I've noticed that helps things along is literally bribing the agent, an extra 500k to the agent can save millions in wages. So if you have negotiated a suitable deal but they won't accept it yet, then first raise the agent fee. Their selfish and greedy bastards.

I thought there was a private chat you can have to players about lowering their wage demands... I just thought you could use it on your current players.. if you could use it on guys your trying to sign that would be great.

i had ronaldo wanting £350,000 a week when it came to re-negoaiting his current deal.... the most the board would sanction is £200k, what a joke!