fortasel

Reaction score
View attachment 204270

In the season 03/04, FC Alverca were in the top Portugese league.

Comming to the last round of the season, all they needed to do was avoid defeat and they would maintain themselves up with clubes like SL Benfica, FC Porto or Sporting CP.

They were winning 1-0 by half-time, giving their fans hope, but a resurgent Moreirense ended up smashing them 3-1.

With this came relegation and the following financial problems.

They couldn't keep themselves up once again and got relegated once more. And again 3 years later...

Now they are in the last division of Portuguese football.

This is the story of the rise of Alverca to the top of portuguese clubs​

The Start

Being an amateur team (on a division that has to be added by the editor), Alverca has only a few players. Unfortunatly, most of the players available are no good:

View attachment 204302

So, here is what I did in the transfer market:

View attachment 204304View attachment 204305

Some more transfers will hopefully happen until the beggining of the transfer season.

My goal is to have as many Portuguese players as possible.
As a matter of fact, every player in my squad has a Portuguese nationality, eve if they have decided to represent another country...​

@slbenficacoach: I guess you can see were I'm going with this: I'm trying to mimic Benfica's team from the 1960's - only Portuguese players. It's gonna be a challenge once I get to the II Division. I hope to be in the European competitions in 10 seasons

Mid October Update

This has been a good couple of months:

1) I got a parent club. Now, with some luck, I can get some even better players, with the help of Portimonense:

View attachment 204408

I went too late to try and get something out of this partnership for the summer transfer market. 2 and a half months and I might get some new players!

My Fixtures

View attachment 204409

As you can see, I thrashed some teams, especially thanks to Chicabala, who has been instrumental to Alverca's success so far.

Unfortunatly, he got injured right before the match against Limianos and won't compete for another week or so...

View attachment 204410

Other players that I should focus on are Cedric Leitão, Verona and Gabriel Vieira. These 4 players have been the core to my achievements, and I hope they won't get taken away from me by bigger teams.

View attachment 204411

Now, because I was defeated in the Portuguese Cup, the main goal now is to be promoted to the 3rd division.
The outcome looks promissing has I am 8 points clear with 10 matches in the books (even though the team that is in the 2nd place has only played 9 games).
I will also try my best to be promoted undefeated.

26 more matches to go!​

Bad news guys... I had a crash dump, and the backups where at the start of the season...
I guess I will have to start again =(