FA charges Liverpool's Mascherano

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano is charged with improper conduct after his sending off against Man Utd.

More...

Whether or not the sending off was the right decision (which it was imo), it is right for them to charge him cos the way he wouldn't leave the pitch was a disgrace, he had to be led off by stewards and coachs ffs

Whether or not the sending off was the right decision (which it was imo), it is right for them to charge him cos the way he wouldn't leave the pitch was a disgrace, he had to be led off by stewards and coachs ffs

I would have reacted like that if the referee made such a retarded decision.

then you would have been sent off , players shouldnt crowd the ref its simple as that, im glad one finally had the balls to not put up with it. even if the decision initially was the wrong one that gives him no right to march 30 yards over to the ref and give him a face full of abuse and it wasnt the 1st time hed done it. what was he hoping to achieve? the ref was going to go oh you called me a ******* ****** ill recind that yellow and give you a nice cuddle to apologise? it should be captains perogative to talk to the ref about decisions and it should be done it a normal way not shouting in his face and if you do it you deserve to be sent off as you are breaking the rules, setting a bad example and generally looking like a little childish ******

then you would have been sent off , players shouldnt crowd the ref its simple as that, im glad one finally had the balls to not put up with it. even if the decision initially was the wrong one that gives him no right to march 30 yards over to the ref and give him a face full of abuse and it wasnt the 1st time hed done it. what was he hoping to achieve? the ref was going to go oh you called me a ******* ****** ill recind that yellow and give you a nice cuddle to apologise? it should be captains perogative to talk to the ref about decisions and it should be done it a normal way not shouting in his face and if you do it you deserve to be sent off as you are breaking the rules, setting a bad example and generally looking like a little childish ******

he was already sent off. If the referee wasn't a ******, mascheranao wouldn't have made a sing and dance about it.

Where have you pulled the abuse from? All he did was question Torres's yellow card.

Numerous times before the Torres incident he abused the officials and questioned their decisions. Although the protest against Torres' booking wasn't really aggressive like the ones before had been, it was clearly the final straw for Bennet.

Numerous times before the Torres incident he abused the officials and questioned their decisions. Although the protest against Torres' booking wasn't really aggressive like the ones before had been, it was clearly the final straw for Bennet.

Whether he abused them before or not, he had no warning, so where was his warning that he would be sent off should he continue. Neither have I come across any evidence otherwise to say he was already continuously berrating the officials. If Bennett is going to send him off for that, then he should have sent cristiano ronaldo off for continuously throwing himself on the floor like the puff he is, trying to win a penalty. Then, for good measue throwing a good old hissy fit, when the referee doesn't give him the decision.

I found the behaviour of ronaldo more embarrassing to British football, than I did mascherano's.

Whether he abused them before or not, he had no warning, so where was his warning that he would be sent off should he continue. Neither have I come across any evidence otherwise to say he was already continuously berrating the officials. If Bennett is going to send him off for that, then he should have sent cristiano ronaldo off for continuously throwing himself on the floor like the puff he is, trying to win a penalty. Then, for good measue throwing a good old hissy fit, when the referee doesn't give him the decision.

I found the behaviour of ronaldo more embarrassing to British football, than I did mascherano's.

We will always have different perspectives on how things happened, cos obviously I'm a Utd fan and you're a bitter Leeds fan :p. But I don't recall Ronaldo diving about trying to win penalties, Torres on the other hand did seem to go down rather easily. And Mascherano did seem to continuously have a go at the officials; it was in the papers the day after and the pundits on Sky acknowledged that the Torres incident was the last one. If you constantly have a go at them, you shouldn't have to be warned you're gona go, dissent is a bookable offence.