FA Cup runners-up in the Europa League?

glennswfc

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in my second season with Sheffield Wednesday, after winning the Championship in my first I'm currently, at the beginning of March, sat at 8th place in the league with an FA Cup Semi-Final against Reading coming up. Bolton have already won the League Cup, but are in the bottom half of the table and if I advance to the FA Cup final I will play either Man U or Spurs who both look nailed on for a Champs League spot.
Anyway, my question is, if I beat Reading, will I get a Europa League spot even if I don't win the final, or will it go to the team who finish 6th in the league? I know the runners up used to go through, but I seem to remember it being changed at some point along the line. I could do with knowing so I can decide to really push my players in the final stages of the season, or rotate my squad so I know everyone should be fit for the final.

Cheers in advance

As far as I'm aware FA cup runners-up still qualify for Europe over 6th in the league.

You're probably getting mixed up with the League Cup, that was changed; runner's up no longer qualify.

woo hoo! That Reading match is a must win game in that case. Not wanting to jinx myself, but i think i must have had one of the easiest runs to the final if i get there. I'll have played Leeds (top of League 1), Coventry (mid-table champ), Crystal Palace (low/mid table champ), Aston Villa (low/mid-table Prem) and Reading (Bottom of prem).

Yeah you should qualify, on one of my games Livingston were runners-up in the Scottish Cup and got into europe, and they were playing in the Scottish Second Division