FA Premier League Database - 1992/93

Darandio

Destroyer Of Ego's
Reaction score
I have seen several threads over the years that have wanted to replicate past times, but tend to get abandoned simply because it is a lot of hard work. That is why I decided to do one, primarily for myself, being a long time user of the original Championship Manager series on the Amiga, I wanted to go back and relive those happy days. :D

As I said, it's primarily for myself and I did a **** of a lot of groundwork and research to make sure ir resembles the era as much as I possibly can. However, I have now decided to start showing parts of the database to you, mainly as an interest point for us "older" members who either played earlier versions with these players, or remember watching the players themselves.

Changes made include players and staff (quite obvious!), a complete overhaul of the financial structure including accurate TV and prize money for 1992/93. It may surprise people that in the inaugural year of the Premier League, the champions received £815,210. These days, you can get relegated and receive more! Also added are accurate player histories, from the actual years they have played up until 1992. This obviously doesn't tally with the 2010 start date but gives an accurate career reflection and makes the biographies accurate.

Obviously, there are pitfalls with the project as when trying to make players as realistic as possible, the ratings reflect modern transfer values but I have tried to stem it as much as possible. Another major pitfall is the starting year, which is 2010 but although hard, I can ignore it.

The following screenshots have concentrated on Arsenal as it is the club that is as good as complete, although I have got players included across the whole league at the moment, its just a case of going through each club and completing the process. The eagle eyed will see Perry Groves in the Arsenal squad as he didn't move to Southampton until near the end of August. I am in two minds whether to set that up as a future transfer.

If anyone does have a request to see a player from the Premier League, in the era, I'll try to do it providing the player is done.

ArsenalSquad92.jpg

ASmith.jpg

ASmithHistory.jpg

Last edited:
I have also been adding various players from abroad, much in the vein of how it was in CM93/94.

Here we have Gascoigne at Lazio, still out injured from the 1991 FA Cup final but on the road to recovery. He did make his Lazio debut on 27 September so he might still be on course for that. What is interesting is the value, this has no input from me but with the stats he has been given, it's strangely valued him at the exact price he was signed for.

PGascoigne.jpg

---------- Post added 09/06/2011 at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was 08/06/2011 at 04:40 PM ----------

Requested elsewhere, the Aston Villa side that finished runners up in 92/93.

AstonVilla92.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Another request from elsewhere, but may be of interest to someone.

ECantona.jpg

MOvermars.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good mate.

Have always wanted to see a 92/93 database but never could be arsed to do it myself.

Is Cantona ready to leave for Utd in December and could u show the ratings for Paul McGrath, Denis Irwin, Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister, thanks.

Must have taken a lot of will power, hard work and research. I'd love to see a repeat of mabe 95-96 or 96-97. This is just a few years before my time.

Is Cantona ready to leave for Utd in December and could u show the ratings for Paul McGrath, Denis Irwin, Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister, thanks.

No, there is no future transfer for Cantona as with starting the game in the summer, no transfer was arranged, he was about to score a hat-trick in the charity shield for Leeds! Apologies for the deliberate error as well, he is 26, not 29. :)

I can show you Paul McGrath immediately, still a very good player even at 33, it's only two years down the line that he had an epic World Cup in the USA, anyone who saw or can remember the game against Italy will know what I mean when I say bravery. The others will follow, I just want to get Wimbledon finished today if I can. :)

PMcGrath.jpg

No, there is no future transfer for Cantona as with starting the game in the summer, no transfer was arranged, he was about to score a hat-trick in the charity shield for Leeds! Apologies for the deliberate error as well, he is 26, not 29. :)

I can show you Paul McGrath immediately, still a very good player even at 33, it's only two years down the line that he had an epic World Cup in the USA, anyone who saw or can remember the game against Italy will know what I mean when I say bravery. The others will follow, I just want to get Wimbledon finished today if I can. :)

PMcGrath.jpg

I know what u mean man one of the best defenders of all time in my eyes would especially like to see Irwin aswell if the others are a problem.

On Cantona can u maybe set United to one of his preferred clubs at least so I will be able to sign him later.

Will be good to see Wimbledon again. U seem to be doing a good job so far

Last edited:
I applaud you for your efforts. Must take a lot of effort. Could I see Steve Bruce and Mark Hughes please

great idea

great idea, one question what happens with the new players coming through in the future, are they just random names or is there some way of ensuring they are the actual players that started in those years?

hey could you upload this database id love try it. always looking for an old database