FA says home internationals would be 'one-off'

What games are you playing this summer?
he is talking about he whole season, the summer is the only time they get to recover, some players play 60 games in a season, thats ridiculous

he is talking about he whole season, the summer is the only time they get to recover, some players play 60 games in a season, thats ridiculous

Perhaps but maybe your best players might play one or two games but I'm sure some of the players who just can't make it in to the sqaud all the time If offered the chance would take for an example Kevin Kyle of Hearts he's a pretty decent striker think he has been capped before?

Then Darren Bent perhaps or Andy Carroll (only two English I could think up(Andy maybe Scotland :)))

This seems much more interesting than playing pointless friendlies against the likes of Egypt, France and Ghana.

I heard they were planning to play it in May, not this May obviously but they used to play it at the end of a season, I'm sure players would love to be a part of it but I guess they need to be wrapped in cotton wool over the summer.

If David Beckham can play all year round at the age of 35 the I'm sure Wayne Rooney etc. can play an extra couple of games a season ;)

If David Beckham can play all year round at the age of 35 the I'm sure Wayne Rooney etc. can play an extra couple of games a season ;)

Forget David Beckham David Weir 41 this year and possibly one of Rangers & Scotlands most important players Last season (when he was 39 & 40) He played every game for the Gers
Both Cups, the League and Europe :D:D:D:D:D

It would also rather defeat the point of a winter break.

How will it?? We want a winter break because it has proven that leagues that have winter breaks genuinly do better in summer tournements which is what this would be?

Unless England consistently fail to qualify for the European championships and World, they will probably never consider competing in the home internationals on a regular basis. Plus, we wouldn't want the embarrassment in case we lost the tournament ;)

How will it?? We want a winter break because it has proven that leagues that have winter breaks genuinly do better in summer tournements which is what this would be?

All you're doing is shifting the games from winter into the summer, extending the season EVEN MORE. It'd be just like having no winter break at all.

That has nothing to do with them having a winter break, purely coincidental..

I would like to see this tournament brought back the people loved it and it gave the Scots and the English something to look forward to I have always wanted to go to a Scotland vs England match I imagine the atmosphere being unbeatable and this tournament would give us the chance to meet on a regular basis if brought back permanently.

That has nothing to do with them having a winter break, purely coincidental..

not sure it is just coincidental as the players in these leagues get abit of a rest halfway through the season to recharge and this stops them burning out like ours do in the summer. surely this must have an effect on the performance at major comps aswell as the fact that they actually know how to take pens.

All you're doing is shifting the games from winter into the summer, extending the season EVEN MORE. It'd be just like having no winter break at all.

Well England will have to play 3 games, surely they could all be played in 14days maybe even shorter than that.