Nando9

Reaction score
I am Barca and have had a bid for Fabregas accepted for 75mil. My budget 2nd season is 118mil.
The big question is shall i spend that much on him? Or are there any cheaper alternatives?

I am Barca and have had a bid for Fabregas accepted for 75mil. My budget 2nd season is 118mil.
The big question is shall i spend that much on him? Or are there any cheaper alternatives?

there are many cheaper alternatives.
but then again fabregas is tried and tested at a high level and would fit in to barca's team really well
would use him as a back up for xavi and inesta until they get older tho!

You could try Paulo Henrique (Santos), Marek Hamsik or Javier Pastore.

If you really want him, go for it you've got the money so you don't really need to worry that much.

But there is players out there who'd you'd be able to get for £20-30m who'll be better then Fabregas.

You should get him
thats actually a bargain for him i had to pay 120 mil

phila you mentioned a good point that he would be good backup for xavi and iniesta.
I guess when they get on abit he will fit straight into the team and is still a world class player, im sure the other players you mentioned will be good to sign in the future as Ganso and Pastore are younger.
How would i play Cesc?
And thanks for the quick replies chaps.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

You should get him
thats actually a bargain for him i had to pay 120 mil

75mil plus 50% future sale and they want Muniesa
Not bad at all ^^)

There are always two ways to look at it.. Buy for the present or buy for the future, surely if you buy him, you will be buying for the present but there are plenty of youngsters which can and will surpass Fabregas' ability in a few years time. Until then though, I'm sure Xavi and Iniesta will be around for long enough to give the youngsters time to develop.

Mate 75mil for a back up is WAY too much you could just get pastore who i got and is a beast takes the ball past 5 players and then scores . And assists a bagful maybe just as good as fab

I am Barcelona Ronaldinho_Admirer.
I have signed him, but i see where you guys are coming from.He has already scored in 2 of my 3 friendlies I will rotate him with Xavi and Iniesta.
Then perhaps buy Pastore next season. Only playing as Barca until and update comes out and i can start with Liverpool with the signing of Suarez hopefully :p

Another thing to think about is that he should count as a club homegrown player... I would go for it so long as you don't need to strengthen in other areas.

I am Barcelona Ronaldinho_Admirer.
I have signed him, but i see where you guys are coming from.He has already scored in 2 of my 3 friendlies I will rotate him with Xavi and Iniesta.
Then perhaps buy Pastore next season. Only playing as Barca until and update comes out and i can start with Liverpool with the signing of Suarez hopefully :p

Do you mean Fabregas or Hamsik xD?

i would buy him. xavi, although he is obviously a god, is ageing. and to be honest you are barcelona and you should look only for the best players and i don't think you'll get many better than fabregas.