• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is close to signing for European champions Barcelona, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Fabregas, 24, would be unable to feature for Barcelona in the Champions League if he plays a part in Arsenal's match with Udinese on Tuesday, motivating both clubs to complete a deal as swiftly as possible.

Why exactly does that motivate Arsenal to complete the deal as swiftly as possible?

Because he is not happy at arsenal and wants to move hence arsenal want him to move

Barca probably wouldn't be willing to pay as much if he was cuptied

Why exactly does that motivate Arsenal to complete the deal as swiftly as possible?

Probably because Arsenal know if Fabregas plays, Barcelona will end their interest for another year- And it looks as though Arsenal have become smart enough to realise Cesc won't be around forever, and they would rather cash in on the money now.

I read online that he's only cup-tied if Arsenal beat Udinese and qualify for the Champions League Group Stage? Anybody clear this up?

Gunners fans must be gutted XD
Next player - Samir Nasri.. although haven't heard of him for a bit now

I'm not gutted. He didn't want to play for the club. At least we have the money to get a decent center back.

Can we just ditch the BBC bot and bring in a Guillem Balague bot? ''If only...''

I read online that he's only cup-tied if Arsenal beat Udinese and qualify for the Champions League Group Stage? Anybody clear this up?

True.

Can we just ditch the BBC bot and bring in a Guillem Balague bot? ''If only...''

No thanks. Would much rather a Jonathan Wilson/Guardian bot ;)

About time to, getting sick of hearing about him now.. His hearts blatantly not at the club any more, can't really blame him, Arsenal just seem to sell all their good players. No ambition what so ever.

I'll be dissapointed if he leaves, only because i think its what Arsenal need and it will do them the world of good.

Knowing Wenger he will probably spend the money on an 17 year old winger from Southampton when Arsenal's defence badly needs bolstering. Oh wait he did that the other day.

Seriously though I hope for Wenger's sake that he uses the transfer fee to sign a solid 'Gary Cahill' type centreback.

Fabregas is a great player and will succeed at Barcelona, in my opinion. He's already got experience in La Liga and is still young (yet experienced, if you get what I mean?).

He doesn't have much of an attitude and is generally a top player.

However, if he doesn't want to stay, Arsenal should get rid of him for a good price or else offer him a contract extension and talk things through with him.

Fabregas is a great player and will succeed at Barcelona, in my opinion. He's already got experience in La Liga and is still young.

Lol how'd you work this out since he has never played for Barca before or any one else in La Liga.

Lol how'd you work this out since he has never played for Barca before or any one else in La Liga.
He has trained for the club and Spanish football is all pretty similar.

In Brazil, they mould their youngsters from a tender age and make sure they grow up playing 'the right way' so that they are fully adapted and ready for the style of the Brazilian leagues. That's just an example, though.

What I'm trying to say is that he has played for Spain (who play similar to Barca), has made friends with Barcelona players when playing for the youth team/playing for Spain, can speak Spanish and has played for Barcelona youth/"B"(?). He won't have much trouble settling in to the Barca team and I believe if he does well (which I think he will) he will replace Xavi one day.

If he does leave I just hope he plays!

Fabregas is a great player and will succeed at Barcelona, in my opinion. He's already got experience in La Liga and is still young (yet experienced, if you get what I mean?).

He's never played in Spain, above youth level anyway..

a bit gutted. but i dont like have 'uncommited' players in the team

nasrri just wants more money. cesc just wants to go home.

Last edited:
im glad he wouldnt have been sold for the same money next year arsenal needed to sell him to get this over at last i hope wenger will spend it on a CB and a consistent striker

Back