Face config issues

Youtubby

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using the typical facepacks found on all these sites for a while now but today took it upon myself to make in-game images for players who haven't been done yet. For some reason this doesn't want to work as it should.

Could anyone tell me what is wrong with my code? I'm trying to add pics for Odsonne Edouard (48036880), Darko Todorovic (21027693), Luis Henrique (19244811) and Chisom Chikatara (13175077)

Code:
<record> 
    <!-- resource manager options --> 

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder --> 
    <boolean id="preload" value="false"/> 

<!-- turn off auto mapping --> 
    <boolean id="amap" value="false"/> 

<!-- logo mappings --> 
    <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions 
             in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any 
             place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics 
             files from the correct places 
    --> 

<list id="maps"> 
        <!-- Auto generated by fmXML --> 
        <record from=“48036880” to="graphics/pictures/person/48036880/portrait"/> 
        <record from=“21027693” to="graphics/pictures/person/21027693/portrait"/> 
        <record from=“19244811” to="graphics/pictures/person/127925/19244811”/> 
        <record from=“13175077” to="graphics/pictures/person/13175077/portrait"/> 
    </list> 
</record>

<record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/person/1/portrait"/>

code should look like that with the numbers only change to the correct ones in the bottom part. Do you have the correct pic size, name, .png and folder location, as well as the correct 'caching boxes' turned on/off in preferences.

<record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/person/1/portrait"/>

code should look like that with the numbers only change to the correct ones in the bottom part. Do you have the correct pic size, name, .png and folder location, as well as the correct 'caching boxes' turned on/off in preferences.

What do you mean by bottom part, sorry? And yes the pictures are 180x180 png's, in a folder inside of the 'graphics' folder. The preferences are correct too.

Got it. Needed to use an actual XML editor instead of notepad for some reason, I guess it's a mac thing

Got it. Needed to use an actual XML editor instead of notepad for some reason, I guess it's a mac thing

It looks like you resolved this with wkdsoul - but I'm also on a Mac and have done lots of editing of logos and kits, using Notepad for the configs. The issue in your screenshot was the italics in many of your speech marks. For some reason, it serves to disrupt the whole file - don't know why, it just does. Consequently, I now edit the configs by keeping the new files on the desktop, copying and pasting their filenames into duplicated lines of code and I only put the image files into their relevant folders once I have already saved and closed the config. Helps that I have worked as a Proofreader so I'm good at spotting these details. If I type a number into the code, I then have to copy and paste an-unitalicised (that can't be a word!) speech mark over the italics one.

Last edited: