Tazzoz21

Reaction score
Hi there,

Quick question: I've created a bunch of new players in the editor for a fictional team, but i can't be buggered to use real-life pictures for their faces. I'd like the game to "make" me regen faces, just as it does for regen players.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

This is the only way i've seen but i guess this doesn't help too much as you want the players you have made on the editor to be there straight away with faces...

How to add your own regen?

future_regen.edt

To add your own regen or regens, then you must have a copy of Notepad on your computer. Open Notepad and type the following with your own information:
"FUTURE_REGEN" "A" "B" "C" "DD-MM-YYYY" "Y" "Z"
  • Replace A with the first name of the player you want to add in
  • Replace B with the common of the player you want to add in
  • Replace C with the surname name of the player you want to add in
  • DD is the day he was born, MM is the month and YYYY is the year. So, if he was born 7th July 1998 you would put 07-07-1998
  • Replace Y with the nationality of the player you want to add in
  • Replace Z with the favourite club of the player you want to add in
An example of a correct regen adding would be:
"FUTURE_REGEN" "Wobill" "Wobill Luman" "Luman" "22-04-1992" "English" "Preston North End"

Which would bring a player into the game whose full name is Wobill Luman, whose common name (nickname) is Wobill Luman, who is born on the 22nd of April 1992, who is English and whose favorite club is Preston North End.
From here, what you need to do is:
  • Save the file with .edt at the end of it.
  • Copy the files to whatever database you plan to use in the game. For example, if you are using an edited database on Windows then the place to put these files will be in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db\DATABASE_NAME. Then for EDT and DDT files go to the edt folder and put them in there. For LNC files continue on to the lnc folder and then to the all folder and place them in there.
  • If you are using one of the official databases then they will go in the directory where Football Manager is installed. For Steam users it will be in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\tools\football manager 2009\data\db\900. Then follow as above in point 4 to place them in the relevant folder depending on the type of file you are creating. For non-Steam users the location is C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\db\900.
  • If you are using official updated databases that came with the patches then the location is slightly different again. When you get to the Football Manager 2009 directory above, then go to the updates folder and choose your latest update or whatever one you want and then go to the db folder and continue as above.
  • Remember, for every new database you use, you need to make sure that the files are in the relevant folder in that particular database.
  • The final step to using the files in the game is before actually creating a new game but after choosing the database you want to use, you need to go into preferences and then into extra files. Tick the files that you want to apply in the game you are going to create.
What club will they appear at?

Normally, they will appear at the favourite club of the player but this is not guarenteed. They can appear at any club on the game, so you should just search for them using the search filter. The chances of them appearing at their favoured club are higher than the chances of them appearing at a random club in the game.

ok .we got it .thanks a lot .
g.gif