Scotty98TR

Reaction score
Hi, I am managing Cardiff City and I am in pre-season before my 3rd season. Last season I finished 8th in the Prem, but until the last few matches I was challenging for 4th.

After bringing in 10 players already (Although only Rhodes and Snodgrass are for the first team, the rest are youngsters and Anelka to tutor (On a free)), I only want to buy 1 more player, and I need a CB!

I have around £6-8mish to spend, and £60k a week wages (although after player sales this will go up!). I would like him to have at least decent pace and acceleration, as last season Nosrati suddenly lost his pace after getting injured and I had to completely scrap my tactics (Only Connoly is fairly fast)

Below is my squad, although alot of the players there will either be sold, loaned out, played in the reserves or a few have their contracts running out (Undecided whether to renew Nosrati or Hudson's):

My Defenders:
View attachment 369866

My Team (Highlighted players will be sold or loaned out):

View attachment 369867View attachment 369868
EDIT: Noone should be highlighted

Last edited:
I believe Ismait-Mirren, Astori and Capuani all have decent pace.

Anyone had any experience with Ogbonna? I know he used to be great on FM12, and he is listed at £6m but Juve are interested.

Ideally I would get Bassong because Norwich got relegated and he is unhappy, but he is listed at £15m :'(

I've only used Ogbonna twice, but the times I've used him he's been brilliant for me. For £6m, I'd say go for it. If you can fend of Juve that is.

I've only used Ogbonna twice, but the times I've used him he's been brilliant for me. For £6m, I'd say go for it. If you can fend of Juve that is.

I've agreed a contract with him and he accepted, but I have delayed it to see if I can get Bassong or any other suggestions.

Worried about his low tackling (13), bravery (12) and teamwork (12) and anticipation (13) :/

I've agreed a contract with him and he accepted, but I have delayed it to see if I can get Bassong or any other suggestions.

Worried about his low tackling (13), bravery (12) and teamwork (12) and anticipation (13) :/

Try Simon Kjær. He should have fairly decent Anticipation (16), Tackling (18), and Teamwork (14). Only thing he's missing is Bravery (10). I'm not sure how he looks in your game though, as I'm in 2018. This is the way he could develop anyway. But I suggest you to take a look. I've used him a few times, and he's usually performed pretty well for me. Should be fairly cheap too.

Hiram Mier

339110-raikan007s-borussia-dortmund-jurgen-klopps-recreation-tactic-13-3-3-hiram-mier_-overview-attributes.png

Try Simon Kjær. He should have fairly decent Anticipation (16), Tackling (18), and Teamwork (14). Only thing he's missing is Bravery (10). I'm not sure how he looks in your game though, as I'm in 2018. This is the way he could develop anyway. But I suggest you to take a look. I've used him a few times, and he's usually performed pretty well for me. Should be fairly cheap too.

He is at Liverpool :S

Hiram Mier

Looking for some more ready made, rather than someone to develop. Already got 3 quality CBs in my youth/reserve team, but Nosrati and Hudson are on the decline so I am letting them go.
Thanks anyway :)

EDIT: Plus low determination makes me think he won't develop that well.

Micah Richards could be picked up for cheap by now usually?

Micah Richards could be picked up for cheap by now usually?

Never thought of trying for him, scouting him now to see if he would be interested :)

EDIT: Not interested I am afraid :(

How much would you pay maximum for Bassong or Ashley Williams (Bare in mind Williams play for Swansea and I am Cardiff)

Last edited:
Eliaquim Mangala should be pretty good now as well? he is pretty pacey too

He is at Liverpool :S

******... Well, there are a few more I can think of; Ciaran Clarke (Even though Villa usually are ******* with their asking prices and his pace is pretty low, (12) in 2012), Sebastian Coates (May not want to join, and again pace isn't the best (13) in 2012), Stephane Mbia, Yaroslav Rakitskyi (May be off on the spelling), Nedum Onuoha (Amazingly pacy).

Could do a more thorough search, but I'd have to jump to my 2012 save. I suggest taking a look at these for a start. :)

******... Well, there are a few more I can think of; Ciaran Clarke (Even though Villa usually are ******* with their asking prices and his pace is pretty low, (12) in 2012), Sebastian Coates (May not want to join, and again pace isn't the best (13) in 2012), Stephane Mbia, Yaroslav Rakitskyi (May be off on the spelling), Nedum Onuoha (Amazingly pacy).

Could do a more thorough search, but I'd have to jump to my 2012 save. I suggest taking a look at these for a start. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, having a look at them now! Onuoha is really quick, but that's about all he's got :p

I came close to buying Clarke 3 times before in the save, but not his agent dislikes me so he wants stupid wages and fees :mad:
Coates is at Spurs.
Bidding for Mbia, but so are Arsenal so I doubt I will be able to beat them to him.
Rakitski looks really good, hopefully won't be too exspensive :D

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
You could also check out Denswil from Ajax. Don't know if he is already sold or has a high value already in the 3rd season but he always develops very well in my saves.

Anyone had any experience with Rolando or Caruzzo (Boca)?

Denswil it as Mainz and doesn't look great...

Never tried Caruzzo, but if you're talking about the Porto CB Rolando, the yes. He was a pretty decent in my Porto save until season 2 where he broke his leg. Would be a good signing for you, if you can get him cheap-ish.

Never tried Caruzzo, but if you're talking about the Porto CB Rolando, the yes. He was a pretty decent in my Porto save until season 2 where he broke his leg. Would be a good signing for you, if you can get him cheap-ish.

He wasn't interested in joining me :/

Okay, unless anyone makes a suggestion that is almost as good as one of these and/or cheaper, I will probably get one of these, but which do you think?

Williams deal would cost me £9.5m + £3m after 30 league appearances, Abdennour would cost £9.5m + £2.7m after 30 league appearances.
Ashley would be on around £40k a week, which is my 2nd highest earner after Bony (£48k), and he had ALOT of small add-ons
Abdennour would be on £35k a week, with hardly any add-ons (Just a small appearance fee and team of the year bonus)

View attachment 369931View attachment 369932

I would prefer not to have to spend that much but no one else is available, and this is the only position that needs strengthening (Plus I have quite a few deals to sell players)

Last edited: