MaximumPower

Reaction score
Fairytale of... Manchester?

View attachment 316103

In my latest story, I decide to replace Louis van Gaal at the Old Trafford dugout and attempt to lead the great Red Devils to ultimate glory.

Tactics

I shall say this now, I am awful at tactics. On FM14 my most successful homemade tactic utilised 4 central defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 2 wing backs and a striker. Therefore, I will use tactics created by people who understand what they are on about. The tactics used in the save are as follows (this will be updated as I use more tactics):

- Sir Goalalot (HOME and AWAY)
- mWar_v1
- Spearhead Longbow

Targets

- Win the league
- Win the Champions League
- Win domestic treble
- Enter worldwide Hall of Fame
- Become greatest manager ever
- Have player beat Giggs' record for appearances
- Have player beat Pele's record for goals

Pre-Season and Transfers

View attachment 316101

I'm not a big fan of major reshuffles in the first season as I end up failing to sell anybody and have an overcrowded squad.

Transfers IN

Richairo Zivkovic - I had experiences with this guy on FM14 causing me trouble on my Whitehawk save and I have a feeling he is the Carlos Fierro of this generation.

Victor Wanyama - I like him. Decent player and can prove invaluable during the traditional Man United injury crisis.

Mandela Egbo - Decided to take a risk, if it works out nicely I have a decent right-back that I have shaped to suit the team. If not, I can sell him off for profit potentially.

Transfers OUT

Richairo Zivkovic - This works out well for me, I knew he wasn't going to get first team football in the first season what with Falcao, RVP and Rooney but I was worried if I could get a loan club for him then Valencia come in with an offer and I bite their hand off, guaranteed at least a few games for the club against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. This couldn't of went better

Marnick Vermijl - Simply just youth development, I shall try to integrate him into the first team within a few seasons but will be tough with Egbo and Rafael.

Pre-Season Results

Nothing special, just the usual matches against foreign big clubs and clubs you need Google Translate to pronounce. Few high scoring matches that hopefully indicate this will be an exciting save.

Guangzhou 0-2 MAN UNITED
Godoy Cruz 1-4 MAN UNITED
Ajax 3-5 MAN UNITED
Renhe 0-4 MAN UNITED
MAN UNITED 5-2 PSG
Lianing 1-5
MAN UNITED

Next match - Leicester. Let the games begin

17 games in

View attachment 313911

Now, that is not bad.

Matches

MAN UNITED 9-1 Leicester
(Rooney x5, Di Maria, Jones, Falcao, Mata)

Tottenham 2-0 MAN UNITED

MAN UNITED 5-2 Newcastle
(Valencia, Di Maria, Falcao x3)

Aston Villa 3-1 MAN UNITED
(Mata)

MAN UNITED 2-0 Everton
(Valencia, Di Maria)

MAN UNITED 4-2 Everton
Capital One Cup
(Rooney, Van Persie x2, Carrick)

QPR 1-2 MAN UNITED
(Rooney x2)

MAN UNITED 5-0 West Ham
(Di Maria x2, Falcao x2, Carrick)

Burnley 2-2 MAN UNITED
(Valencia, Van Persie)

MAN UNITED 4-0 Southampton
(Rojo, Rooney, Mata, Falcao)

MAN UNITED 5-1 Watford
Capital One Cup
(Smalling x3, Valencia, Falcao)

Man City 3-2 MAN UNITED
(Falcao x2)

MAN UNITED 4-1 Arsenal
(Valencia, Di Maria x2, Falcao)

Sunderland 0-3 MAN UNITED
(Fellaini, Van Persie, Falcao)

MAN UNITED 2-0 West Brom
(Falcao x2)

Liverpool 2-4 MAN UNITED
(Gerrard o.g, Falcao, Young, Rooney)

MAN UNITED 1-0 Chelsea
(Rooney)

Stoke 1-2 MAN UNITED
(Van Persie x2)

MAN UNITED 5-0 Man City
Capital One Cup
(Valencia, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Van Persie)

MAN UNITED 2-0 Swansea
(Mata, Fernandez o.g)

****** ****. Some matches that could be classed as heroics, specifically the 5-0 win against City. I expect to be listed on the in-game New Year honours.

NOTES

- Currently on a 9 match winning streak in all competions
- Play Chelsea in Capital One Cup semis, Bournemouth/Doncaster await in final
- West Brom in FA Cup 3rd Round

Wow a great start with only 3 defeats, the title to return this season?

#WENGEROUT 10th place!!!
Good luck mate, especially with the Pele record... that's a HUGE mountain to climb.

Hmmmmm a non arsenal fan agreeing with wenger out lol... Must mean it's plausible... Even the rest of England is sick of his non tactical, and senile ways?

Hmmmmm a non arsenal fan agreeing with wenger out lol... Must mean it's plausible... Even the rest of England is sick of his non tactical, and senile ways?

He messed up massively with Podolski imo. You can't do that and expect to stay