• Fall Out Las Vegas

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Mass Effect 2

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Cloud~

Reaction score
Go.

(I'm going to get one of these games need to know which one is best)

****, I meant Mass Effect 2, I also meant New Vegas :p

Leave a message explain your decision if you're bothered, thanks.

Last edited:
Fallout: New Vegas

Although I really like the Mass Effect story and gameplay, I do enjoy the exploration that comes with Fallout. I'd even chose Fallout 3 over Mass Effect 2 although New Vegas is just an improved version of that. All great games though.

Mass Effect 2 was meh. I was pretty disappointed with it. Doesn't compare to ME1. For some reason, Bioware decided absolutely everything needed to be changed in someway, whilst also making the game too simplistic. Also the story was pretty average at best. Especially when compared to ME1.

I haven't played Fallout: New Vegas yet so I can't comment on that. Fallout 3 is a great game - so I'd get that. There are heaps of great mods out for it too. You can always get New Vegas when it comes down in price.

Last edited:
Mass Effect 2 was meh. I was pretty disappointed with it. Doesn't compare to ME1. For some reason, Bioware decided absolutely everything needed to be changed in someway, whilst also making the game too simplistic. Also the story was pretty average at best. Especially when compared to ME1.

I haven't played Fallout: New Vegas yet so I can't comment on that. Fallout 3 is a great game - so I'd get that. There are heaps of great mods out for it too. You can always get New Vegas when it comes down in price.
Hmm, I hope they're not going to do the same for Dragon Age. I'm going to buy one or two of these games at christmas anyway, my ps3's at home I'm at uni.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Fallout: New Vegas

Although I really like the Mass Effect story and gameplay, I do enjoy the exploration that comes with Fallout. I'd even chose Fallout 3 over Mass Effect 2 although New Vegas is just an improved version of that. All great games though.
So New Vegas (I'll edit that if I can) is definetely an improvement you'd say?

Not improvment in Graphics or the Engine itself, but it does still feel like a new game and not just DLC. There is a completely new map to explore on top of weapons, enemies etc.

I really couldnt choose between the three all great games in my oppinion. Dragon Age: Origins and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion are also worth a mention as similargames except set in medevil times.

I'd go with Mass Effect 2 for storyline, Fallout: New Vegas for replayability or Fallout 3 if you enjoy dungeon-running.

I enjoyed them all. But I find the Fallout games a bit too buggy for my taste, even after the patches. Besides, I have to give the edge to ME2 for it's incredible storytelling. I simply cannot wait to play ME3.

Never played Mass Effect, so I'll say Fallout LV although I haven't played it much.

Mass Effect by a mile. I hate the game play for fallout, too slow and it's impossible to ****** kill anything.

Maybe I just need to give it another try but when I played it last, I wasn't a fan.

I really couldnt choose between the three all great games in my oppinion. Dragon Age: Origins and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion are also worth a mention as similargames except set in medevil times.
Got both of em, thanks though.

Well considering you can get Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 for less than Fallout Out LV I would say got the first two. Fallout 3 has a better storyline than LV anyway. Although the Mass Effect series is for me personally better than Fallout.

Both series are great, I'd recommend working your way through Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins before going for New Vegas though (price will drop considerably by then, and better to play games in order, otherwise you'd enjoy Fallout 3 less, for example)

Well considering you can get Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 for less than Fallout Out LV I would say got the first two. Fallout 3 has a better storyline than LV anyway. Although the Mass Effect series is for me personally better than Fallout.
Fallout 3's story is way better than ME2's IMO. Personally ME2 was a huge letdown. Before it came out I was really exited - had the CE preorded. After I got it, I had finished it within a week and have not played it since. Unlike ME1 which I must have finished at least 5 times. ME1 was way better in every respect except combat.

I can only hope Bioware does not make the same mistakes with DA2 and ME3. It is not worth getting more 'casual' fans to buy your game by simplifying the game if you lose your long time fans in the process.

Regardless I agree that you should just get FO3 and ME2 instead of LV.

Last edited:
Mass Effect was the best game ever created as well is Mass Effect 2 being the best sequel ever created! ME story, interaction, everything is just miles ahead of any other game, hence the Blockbuster movie currently in the making.. as Kris said, the gameplay is very slow and it is really hard to kill things, the exploration is cool, but how many of you actually walk all the way to where you need to go more than once? you can just transport there!

Mass Effect is by far the superior gaming franchise of the 21st centuary

Mass Effect 2 is beyond better. The new Fallouts don't have the same charm, so to speak, of the old ones.

Mass effect is a more polished game but no where near as big as the fallout games. Have to say im really enjoying Fallout new vegas, i enjoy any game where you can choose to be a ****.

never played the Mass Effect games even though they've been recommended to me countless times.. I'd have to go for Fallout 3 or New Vegas, It's definately worth it for playability.

I'll probably do Fallout 3 again once I've done New Vegas...

Mass effect is a more polished game but no where near as big as the fallout games. Have to say im really enjoying Fallout new vegas, i enjoy any game where you can choose to be a ****.

Amen to that, brother. 8-|

My new character is even sporting a Raider-esque spiked-mohawk to complete the evil look.