donkarlito

Reaction score
The concept of the false nine – a centre-forward who drops deep – is well established in modern tactical thinking, but in the early matches of the World Cup we have seen glimpses of another player, who facilitates the work of the false nine and operates in tandem with him to destabilise opposition defences: the false 10.

With a central striker who constantly looks to play deep or pull wide, teams need players to break forward from deeper areas to exploit the space created by the false nine’s movement. Typically those players are wingers or withdrawn strikers, but in South Africa they have also been playmakers: Mesut Özil, Keisuke Honda, Wesley Sneijder.

View attachment 123642
AS you can Ozil plays high up the pitch almost a CF

My question is how would this role be described in fm 11?

Probably an inside forward played in the middle? Either that or AVP. However, whatever role you pick will definitely need tweaking.

Attacking Midfield position - Trequistra (attack) with high creative freedom and the mentality is attacking ?

Probably an inside forward played in the middle? Either that or AVP. However, whatever role you pick will definitely need tweaking.

Not had much success with an inside forward in the AMC position

I think an inside forward on the AMC position must have the move into channels PPM, that way he would go wide, and then cut inside, never had success with this though.

Not had much success with an inside forward in the AMC position
Theoretically it'd be an Inside Forward on an AMC position, but I've also struggled to use a player in that role.
(CoughthisiswhyI'dlovetoseepositionalfreedomonthetacticsscreencouldyoumakethathappenpleaseSIkktksbaiCough)