I think its a centre forward that plays quite deep, like Rooney

(may be wrong though! :S)

I think its a centre forward that plays quite deep, like Rooney

(may be wrong though! :S)
its a lone striker, who rather than staying up top like a traditonal "9" he comes deep to recieve the ball, or pull deep and wide into the channels

" "false nine" – that is, a player who appears to be playing centre-forward, but drops deep. So thats means u gota pull there mentality down? maybe play them as a deep lying playmaker?

Basicly, You can use him as a TQ with a AMC behind on the highest mentality

" "false nine" – that is, a player who appears to be playing centre-forward, but drops deep. So thats means u gota pull there mentality down? maybe play them as a deep lying playmaker?
the closest ive got to false nine is rooney complete forward (cant remember if hes on attack or support, not at home) wideplay set to normal not moves into channels and roaming. its vital that who ever plays there has the comes deep PPM

the closest ive got to false nine is rooney complete forward (cant remember if hes on attack or support, not at home) wideplay set to normal not moves into channels and roaming. its vital that who ever plays there has the comes deep PPM

The major key is that he has many passing options when receiving the ball. I normally use this kind of FC in a wide 4231 where I use one of the wingers as a link player holding on to the ball and the other winger as a second forward and the AMC as the most attacking player, constantly moving forward to link up with the false 9

The major key is that he has many passing options when receiving the ball. I normally use this kind of FC in a wide 4231 where I use one of the wingers as a link player holding on to the ball and the other winger as a second forward and the AMC as the most attacking player, constantly moving forward to link up with the false 9
i actually the 4-2-3-1 the hardest fromation to make bue to getting the front 4 right, especially the lone forward

A good way to think of it is how barca played Ibra early on, he would drop deep and Messi/Pedro would run into the space vacated by him, thus becoming the 'true' 9s