DJakeman8

Banned
Reaction score
Hello guys. I know that the False Nine formation, tactic, strategy or whatever can be used with the Great Messi and Villa. But I'm wandering whether Neymar and Rooney can be used. Neymar as Messi and Rooney as Villa.
The overall tactic I'm using is an alternative 4-4-2, with Rooney as a Deep Lying Forward (Support) and Neymar as an Inside Forward (Attack). I've used the tactic for about 6 games, Neymar has done well with 2 goals, and the same with Rooney, but I still feel that they can be better.

I've attached two screenshots of how I've put Rooney and Neymar in terms of their specific intructions. I've tweaked a few things, but I'm asking for help with the instructions, so advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4-2-3-1 would be better - the striker drags the defenders so there's space, CF is best because he has licence to do what he wants e.g move about
Rooney complete forward attack
Neymar inside forward attack

Its really a role more then a formation so you could use a 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 etc basically the classic no.9 was the centre foward meet crosses using his physical presence, a false nine drops deep, pulls wide hoping to take his marker with him to open the space for winger/inside forwards or AMC/MC running beyond the striker. What make Messi so dangerous is his talent you cant afford not to man mark him because the more room and space he has the more dangerous he is, you man mark him and he drags your CB out of position and it creates space for Pedro,Villa,Bojan,iniesta etc to charge into and advance on goal. For me the False nine can only work with very good player Neymar and Rooney are definitely exceptional talents because both should good off the ball and on it so if the CB doesnt follow them they could turn around and run at them