Reaction score
Right what is the deal with Fan Days?

I'd like to know when they happen or at least in future have the option to hold at least one per Season in order to boost crowds as crowd growth for successful teams is sorely lacking. Particularly for teams in Scotland, it's difficult to get your crowd up and therefore revenue high enough with a team (other than Celtic and Rangers, maybe Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen too) to support a Champions League team for long, especially considering the lack of Sponsorship and League earnings coming from such teams. Knowing when fan days are might help give me some more incentive to put in the extra effort to win those matches and therefore help attract bigger crowds season after season.

I've never seen my crowd with Dundee reach much higher than 13k avg, it's a rare feat due to the apparent expansion capacity of Dens Park only being 14.3k and by the time I get a new stadium built it's between 2020-2023 before it's finished and by that point I start losing my players cause I can't afford to keep them anymore, cause the ones i've bought and brought through my youth ranks get the taste for money, and i'm left fielding youth players who aren't yet developed.

If i can figure out when they are i'd maybe able to get a stadium expansion in season 2 or 3 and have a new stadium started the season after that, meaning only 2019/2020 when I move to a new stadium. May just have to remove the expansion restriction with the editor and take it from there.

They happen. It's up to the board to organise it.

I know they happen, the problem is i've never seen a "notification" for one before hand. I only know when they happen after the match is played. Not exactly a good thing as you can't make sure your team performs or weather to rest certain players for a specific match or anything.

That's actually a good point. I'll keep an eye out for this. End of my last season, the board organised a fan day and I can't be 100% sure, but I don't remember a message before the game! Got one afterwards.

Am managing Salzburg and my board organised a fan day.
The game finished 0-0 and a fan day has never been organised since haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you get notification beforehand though?

I know they happen, the problem is i've never seen a "notification" for one before hand. I only know when they happen after the match is played. Not exactly a good thing as you can't make sure your team performs or weather to rest certain players for a specific match or anything.

If I remember correctly, the board notifies you that the next home match has been selected for a fan day.

I always get notification from the Board about a week before the game, always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a fan day at the end of my last season. I received a notification that the board were planning one after a home game and I had that fan day (and home game) in two weeks time.

Hmm... I don't get notifications for them have even searched my inbox, must be a bug, I only get told after the game if it was a success or not :/

It's not a manager's job to worry about fan days.