LPQR

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm having great success using the 4-2-3-1 developed by Redbullsnation in his project on emulating Diego Simeone's Atletico Madrid.

Team shape:
View attachment 293367

Link for the original thread.

Here are my results so far (the only loss of the season was played with reserve squad away at chelsea)
View attachment 293366 View attachment 293365 View attachment 293364

I love a bit of a challenge as much as I love developing youth so I've decided to field youngsters such as Cerny, Samper(bought him for 9 mil, sold Pirlo for 8), Coman and some quality regens I snapped up at the start of the game ahead of the world class players in my squad. Their attributes are greatly improving due to the tutoring and the amazing performances they put in thanks to this tactic.

View attachment 293037View attachment 293036View attachment 293035

I have to say this is the most: a) balanced tactic I have played in FM15 so far. The setup of the team works amazingly well on both attacking and defensive phases

b) cleanest tactic compared to other tactics (and I have tried A LOT of them)
View attachment 293034

c) honest tactic (no exploit) only 20 of the 89 goals in serie are scored from corners.
View attachment 293033

d) beautiful to watch - most goals are scored from open play and the movement and execution of both att and def phases remind of Ajax's Total Football rather than Simeone's Atletico style.

If your players are not completely deprived technically, I advise anyone to give this a go. Get the right player for the right position or train them to fit it, have patience even if you get a couple of bad results at the start and keep morale high at all costs.

A massive thanks to the creator of this tactic. I have tried loads of tactics on this forum, and especially after 15.3 it became impossible to play open/offensive football unless the balance of play is ruined and it becomes more of a tennis match rather than football.

My only suggestion would be to revise the transitional play on the counter-attacks as the poacher is quite isolated up front and the midfield don't catch up with him in time. I don't have a lot of experience in tactic creation, although I genuinely believe that some aspects of play can be improved. If you've got any ideas, share the love.
Let's take a step closer to perfection, my friends :)

Download

Last edited:
Nice to see the centre trio, DLP, BWM and AP in the middle in a 4-2-3-1 :)
Used that all the time in fm14

Nice thread ! Amazing results !
Good Job !
But i cant download the tactic,plz make it with mediafire !
:)

I gonna test it with my ajax game..;)

First match Ajax - Roda JC 11-0 (H)

Im using this with liverpool, the striker seems to be the only person who attempts to put the ball in the net, which seems a waste of all the chances that get created. defending seems to be inconsistent aswell, very vulnerable on the counter attack aswell

btw, this is not a plug and play tactic. it requires your attention and involvement, especially in-match. It's also key to have players fitting the roles of the centre mid trio.

(sorry for my english) I ve noticed that LPQR, and i have problem to find a proper BBM. Ramirez is a good BBM but i need another one to rotate. fabregas is a super DLP.
another problem in chelsea is the home grown registration.
i also try to experiment with the mentality and to understand if its good to change the mentality during the match.

(sorry for my english) I ve noticed that LPQR, and i have problem to find a proper BBM. Ramirez is a good BBM but i need another one to rotate. fabregas is a super DLP.
another problem in chelsea is the home grown registration.
i also try to experiment with the mentality and to understand if its good to change the mentality during the match.

from my experience Lucas Romero, Lorenzo Crisetig, Leon Goretzka are all brilliant choices for that role. If you have the money to go top class then it's Vidal or Koke