Fantastic Five by Raikan007 (testers needed please)

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 10K

Raikan007

Reaction score
I decided a few minutes ago to try and adopt a new type of formation and approach for my United team (please understand that I am playing my United save properly and am not "creating" tactics as I am only using them for United at the moment) as I wanted to employ a narrow sort of tactic for them which used short creative passes and great movement in the final third to destroy opposition defences and create chances)

I wanted a sort of Manchester United (narrow diamond) fused with the Manchester City 3 attacking AM approach they have done so well with over the past season or so mixed with my own approach

I made it two games ago and utilized it against a good Liverpool team away from home, beating them 4:1 in the process but creating 6 ccc's to their 0! The team played fantastic football and the chances created was astounding!

I do not feel that this approach will work for smaller teams as it requires two good AMC's and good fullbacks (setting to attacking duties when playing weaker teams is recommended) I have left as support though!

The two anchormen roam around protecting the back four and sweep up mostly everything that gets passed the midfield and then lay it off to the playmaker, the CM who then looks to start attacks ahead of him..

you will see that when you win the ball back, there is a sudden rush of forward movement from your players that is great to see, however, do not get caught out if you lose possession, the DM's dont push too far forward and you will always have at least 4 players back at all times, squeezing the opposition to come in field, narrowing their attacks and being overrun!

This is brand new and I have not even started to use it properly but is looking positive so far, I am not releasing anything til I get back from holiday near the end of Jan but I thought it would be fun to mess around with :)

I call it the Fantastic Five as the formation in midfield looks like the 5 on a dice and enjoy a bit of alliteration

Formation:

View attachment 289921

Shouts:

View attachment 289920

Liverpool result:
(this was set to DEFEND for most of the game)

View attachment 289922

all other info can be used from my other tactic below, the same applies, Match prep, opposition instructions etc etc

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/108657-awesome-amc%99-raikan007.html#post1632831

let me know how it goes, just remember, this is just for fun and to see how well it could work to let me see if I should really try and make it into a full proper release/tactic early next year :)

DOWNLOAD

I decided a few minutes ago to try and adopt a new type of formation and approach for my United team (please understand that I am playing my United save properly and am not "creating" tactics as I am only using them for United at the moment) as I wanted to employ a narrow sort of tactic for them which used short creative passes and great movement in the final third to destroy opposition defences and create chances)

I wanted a sort of Manchester United (narrow diamond) fused with the Manchester City 3 attacking AM approach they have done so well with over the past season or so mixed with my own approach

I made it two games ago and utilized it against a good Liverpool team away from home, beating them 4:1 in the process but creating 6 ccc's to their 0! The team played fantastic football and the chances created was astounding!

I do not feel that this approach will work for smaller teams as it requires two good AMC's and good fullbacks (setting to attacking duties when playing weaker teams is recommended) I have left as support though!

The two anchormen roam around protecting the back four and sweep up mostly everything that gets passed the midfield and then lay it off to the playmaker, the CM who then looks to start attacks ahead of him..

you will see that when you win the ball back, there is a sudden rush of forward movement from your players that is great to see, however, do not get caught out if you lose possession, the DM's dont push too far forward and you will always have at least 4 players back at all times, squeezing the opposition to come in field, narrowing their attacks and being overrun!

This is brand new and I have not even started to use it properly but is looking positive so far, I am not releasing anything til I get back from holiday near the end of Jan but I thought it would be fun to mess around with :)

I call it the Fantastic Five as the formation in midfield looks like the 5 on a dice and enjoy a bit of alliteration

Formation:

View attachment 289921

Shouts:

View attachment 289920

Liverpool result:
(this was set to DEFEND for most of the game)

View attachment 289922

all other info can be used from my other tactic below, the same applies, Match prep, opposition instructions etc etc

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/108657-awesome-amc%99-raikan007.html#post1632831

let me know how it goes, just remember, this is just for fun and to see how well it could work to let me see if I should really try and make it into a full proper release/tactic early next year :)

DOWNLOAD

Interesting playing Wayne Rooney that deep?, I might give go!

Interesting playing Wayne Rooney that deep?, I might give go!

I have played him in the CM position for the past 3 years on my save :)

he covers a lot of ground and averages over 7 tackles per game with 84% pass completion rate in the League, he has given away a few fouls though but gets fouled just as much..

cool mate, let me know how it goes :)

Dude it looks same as my tactic i'm gonna download this 1 and try it!!! And gonna compare my tactic and yours to see which one will be most succesful...Then post results if u want to...

with the shouts you realise the strategy is standar but the tactic has control.. dont you think maybe we need to change the shout strategy also to control or sumfin.. & do you always use all those shouts or not always.. I have come to realise that sometimes shouts worry the tactic if you are not really targeting some opposition players like when you know the full backs are awesome & you still wanna play wider.. or what do you think.. am gonna try your tactic to see wassup

hey mate! been trying to improve my 4231 lately but finding it hard. either its playing to its full potential as it is, which i dont think so, or i dont have enough potential to improve it further lol anyway, its been all work and no play for me lately, so i'm gonna take a break. this tactic looks very interesting and i think is just what i needed to get stuck into a new save. I hope its good!!! :P because i just want to get immersed in the game without having to think too much about positions and sliders and what not (need a break from all that for a while). so basically, you've found tourself a tester :) started a save with my own Sporting Clube de Portugal yesterday, had a very poor start (much like sporting in reality - got beaten 3-1 at home to benfica yesterday :( )because i was always playing around with the tactics, but i have a squad that would fit this tactic perfectly. i will finish my season using your tactic and post screenshots and feedback.

any tips? such as general training and match training. you mentioned you played defensive against liverpool. would you always employ this strategy or just away against big teams?

cheers mate!

Very nice! I've tried with Chelsea for 5 matches and 5 win 13 goals only 1 goal conceded but I've changed little your tactic.Such as AMC players to IF.In summary I really like your tactic.

Ok..let's try it :)
Keep you posted :D

Edit: First game it's against Juventus, in Europa League quarter finals.
Play at home, at Anfield. Hope it will work..

Final result: 0-0
Stats:
View attachment 289950
Maybe it's to soon..i will keep testing :)

///////Another game. Home against West Ham. Finished just 1-0.
Stats:
View attachment 289985
I still don't know what to say. Not that great, especially playing HOME. The next match is against Juventus away, let's see that too :).

/////////The end :)
Juventus 2-1 Liverpool
For me it's the end with this tactic. Sorry Raikan, but it's not that good.

Stats:
View attachment 289988

Last edited:
just wondering - Who is Rojo? your DL? I can't seem to find him. But will try this tac as my #2

just wondering - Who is Rojo? your DL? I can't seem to find him. But will try this tac as my #2

Rojo is an Argentinian left back. He plays for the national team, so you should find him

Ok..let's try it :)
Keep you posted :D

Edit: First game it's against Juventus, in Europa League quarter finals.
Play at home, at Anfield. Hope it will work..

Final result: 0-0
Stats:
View attachment 289950
Maybe it's to soon..i will keep testing :)

///////Another game. Home against West Ham. Finished just 1-0.
Stats:
View attachment 289985
I still don't know what to say. Not that great, especially playing HOME. The next match is against Juventus away, let's see that too :).

/////////The end :)
Juventus 2-1 Liverpool
For me it's the end with this tactic. Sorry Raikan, but it's not that good.

Stats:
View attachment 289988

I take it you started using the tactic mid season and for only 3 games, you need to give your players longer to get used to t eh formation

How often do your full backs cross the ball? It seams like the most overpowered play in this game is to have a winger cross the ball, and it would be a shame to not get lots of crosses.

You should call in the Christmas tree since its that time of year and looks like a slender Xmas tree

just a suggestion... ;)

hey mate! been trying to improve my 4231 lately but finding it hard. either its playing to its full potential as it is, which i dont think so, or i dont have enough potential to improve it further lol anyway, its been all work and no play for me lately, so i'm gonna take a break. this tactic looks very interesting and i think is just what i needed to get stuck into a new save. I hope its good!!! :P because i just want to get immersed in the game without having to think too much about positions and sliders and what not (need a break from all that for a while). so basically, you've found tourself a tester :) started a save with my own Sporting Clube de Portugal yesterday, had a very poor start (much like sporting in reality - got beaten 3-1 at home to benfica yesterday :( )because i was always playing around with the tactics, but i have a squad that would fit this tactic perfectly. i will finish my season using your tactic and post screenshots and feedback.

any tips? such as general training and match training. you mentioned you played defensive against liverpool. would you always employ this strategy or just away against big teams?

cheers mate!

hey veez :)

welcome to my world lol :) I am still playing my United save from day one as I am just having fun and playing the game properly as I usually just mess around with tactics etc..

ok cool, good luck :)

keep me posted.. working on something different today though! :P

How often do your full backs cross the ball? It seams like the most overpowered play in this game is to have a winger cross the ball, and it would be a shame to not get lots of crosses.

when I set to attack, a lot :) so then play wider, exploit flanks :)

Looks really solid defense-wise just glancing at it.
I will see about testing it on a different save. I don't want to risk using it on my Newcastle save since I've got a couple big games ahead of me which I really need to get a result from...

I'll keep you posted.

cheers bud, but please, all remember, I made this for 2 games only, barely even tested it etc.. its just to see how others are doing with it and if it will be a good enough project to take forward..

thanks

Back