Fantasy Manager or Reality Manager

Gav123

Reaction score
Just wondering how most people play the game

like i recently found myself signing players i think would in real life consider going to the club i manage , and gradually building and trying to keep transfer fee's as close to what i would expect them to pay for them and not giving into overly priced players!

Not saying one or other is better just wondering what others prefer?

EG

Ronaldo to Burnley

Or

David Healy to Burnley

haha

So basically you are asking how many people cheat? I never cheat, so I guess "Reality Manager"

Also if I was Burnley I would not buy Healy, he's pants.

I dont mean Cheat exactly i just mean like in three seasons time when Every man city player is unhappy and you just snap them up like it snothing that a lesser club has signed a hge player if you get me!

So basically you are asking how many people cheat? I never cheat, so I guess "Reality Manager"

Also if I was Burnley I would not buy Healy, he's pants.

I wouldn't call it cheating tbh.

I signed Marlon Harewood, Ritchie De Laet and Luis Boa Morte for Bristol Rovers in FM10, after I was given a hefty transfer budget to gain promotion to the Prem. So I signed the best players I could with the money I was given !

I wouldn't call it cheating tbh.

I signed Marlon Harewood, Ritchie De Laet and Luis Boa Morte for Bristol Rovers in FM10, after I was given a hefty transfer budget to gain promotion to the Prem. So I signed the best players I could with the money I was given !

I would only say that boa morte is the only one i couldnt envisage at all but de laet and harewood if Bristol Rovers were give a good budget in the championship its not that ridic!

I would only say that boa morte is the only one i couldnt envisage at all but de laet and harewood if Bristol Rovers were give a good budget in the championship its not that ridic!

This was season 4 in FM10 ! Harewood and Boa Morte were in reserve teams and De Laet wanted away from United. Cost me £6 Million but he was worth it ;)

I tend to go a little over the top when it comes to the transfers.

Who's going to picture Darijo Srna [ALMOST HAPPENED IRL], Michael Owen and Deco in Celtic strips>

I'm confused by this thread, do you mean as managers do we try to sign players that are obviously too big for our club conventionally? Or cheating to get players like Ronaldo etc. ?
I tend to go a little over the top when it comes to the transfers.

Who's going to picture Darijo Srna [ALMOST HAPPENED IRL], Michael Owen and Deco in Celtic strips>

Not that remarkable considering I signed Owen with Swansea, Deco is usually a free agent and as long as you can afford £8,000,000 Srna will go anywhere lol

I'm confused by this thread, do you mean as managers do we try to sign players that are obviously too big for our club conventionally? Or cheating to get players like Ronaldo etc. ?

Not that remarkable considering I signed Owen with Swansea, Deco is usually a free agent and as long as you can afford £8,000,000 Srna will go anywhere lol

i just mean signing players that are obviously too big for the team! your not even a manager in my eyes if you cheat and edit the game!

i just mean signing players that are obviously too big for the team! your not even a manager in my eyes if you cheat and edit the game!

Oh in that case I'm a fantasy manager, as are most I would imagine.. Most players who lower league teams would sign suck on FM which means you kinda have to sign big players just to survive.

I've got one Fantasy Manager save and few regular saves.

im not saying one is better than the other or anything just wonder how most people play the game...

what i tend to do when i go a smaller team for example say

Derby County

Ill look for premiership players transfer listed and that i can try and turn there careers round doesnt always work but its fun when it does!

If you call "fantasy" winning 2 EPL and 1 Champions league in 2 seasons with Liverpool then buy Ronaldo just because i can... well ye i cheat then.