FAO ALL WRITERS - Taking Video Requests

djh1878

Mark McCusker's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Hey folks! It's been great to see this section of the site improving over the last couple of months, with some top quality stories emerging from the pack. Now, after seeing the success that some writers have had with video, and using it myself, I'm willing to take requests for short vids to put into other threads.

It can be for anything - a competition intro, history of achievements, a preview of a major final or anything at all - the key thing is that it keeps your story fresh and interesting for anyone reading. Here are two examples, from my own story, of what I can do:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sG9L4ET9EM"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkic1OiZ0z4"]YouTube- France vs Turkey preview.wmv[/ame]​

Anyone wanting something similar put together? Simply give me an idea of what it's for, what to include and what music/sound to put in the background. :)

The "To Do" List

iNickStuff - Premiership vid
MunchkinCurt - Blog vid
The Shots - Intro vid
Joss - (if I can find stuff) Bulgarian vid

Last edited:
That is awesome!

Could you do me a Premier League preview with the current 20 teams and just basically a showing of all twenty teams and their best players? Just into a small compilation.

Thanks.

Awesome stuff mate,you could make vids for FIFA,I will say if I need anything

Great idea djh, if you can keep going with this and not get fed up it could really boost the quality of stories on here!

Great idea mate, GL.

When I did the first two video's for Dan's East European Adventure I made a powerpoint presentation that would run without me clicking the mouse repeatedly (using timed pauses, etc) and then used a great piece of kit to convert it to a video which I could use on windows movie maker.

I think it's called "PPT to Bytescout" it's worth checking out. ;)

will check it out Dan,could be super helpful..Camtasia Studio is good too

Cheers for the feedback guys!

That is awesome!

Could you do me a Premier League preview with the current 20 teams and just basically a showing of all twenty teams and their best players? Just into a small compilation.

Thanks.

As in IRL, or in your game? Give me a list of teams, players you want included and the season date and I'll get started later tonight.

Great idea mate, GL.

When I did the first two video's for Dan's East European Adventure I made a powerpoint presentation that would run without me clicking the mouse repeatedly (using timed pauses, etc) and then used a great piece of kit to convert it to a video which I could use on windows movie maker.

I think it's called "PPT to Bytescout" it's worth checking out. ;)

I'll have a look, cheers. I've been using the new Realplayer to download different bits of video, and Movie Maker to adapt them. GIMP always comes in handy for images as well, I find. Actually, I might write up a quick wee tutorial on how to make yourself a basic video...

Yus! Do a tutorial, so you don't have a billion requests to do.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I.. have a request if that's OK. I'll tell you once you've done the others, or if you put a tutorial up, i'll try that.

Post it up, I'll get a list on the go!

EDIT: I realise that it would almost certainly be impossible to find any footage of Akademik Sofia, so i'll leave it for now, maybe when i move onto bigger and better things.

I've added an ordered "to do" list to the OP. Will get started after the Scotland game tonight, I've just finished my latest one which will be on the Thierry Zvunka thread later. :)

Cheers for the feedback guys!

As in IRL, or in your game? Give me a list of teams, players you want included and the season date and I'll get started later tonight.

I'll have a look, cheers. I've been using the new Realplayer to download different bits of video, and Movie Maker to adapt them. GIMP always comes in handy for images as well, I find. Actually, I might write up a quick wee tutorial on how to make yourself a basic video...

In my game.

Just include the following:

• Arsenal
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester United
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City
  • Tottenham
  • Blackpool
  • Newcastle United
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Wayne Rooney
  • Didier Drogba
  • Steven Gerrard
  • Carlos Tevez
  • Luka Modrid
  • Charlie Adam
  • Andy Carroll
  • Ishmael Miller
2010/11 season.

Cheers again.

I see you've put me on your "to do list" :wub: Thanks in advance for trying, in which case, a couple of things, firstly, my character, although called Igor Matiak in game, is actually ex-pro Yordan Leckov (The guy who scored the diving header against Germany, should be some footage of him, but if you can avoid the name on his back, it would be ideal..) Also, you may remember, there was a hit and run, and he likes vodka ;) If you could try and do something around that very small amount of info would be great, sorry i know it's not v. helpful. :/

EDITED

Last edited:
No problemo guys!

Just got my story update with new vid out of the way, so starting the list now. If you're interested, here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYcWu7uDI5c"]YouTube- Confederations Cup promo.wmv[/ame]​

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:31 PM ----------

In my game.

Just include the following:

• Arsenal
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester United
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City
  • Tottenham
  • Blackpool
  • Newcastle United
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Wayne Rooney
  • Didier Drogba
  • Steven Gerrard
  • Carlos Tevez
  • Luka Modrid
  • Charlie Adam
  • Andy Carroll
  • Ishmael Miller
2010/11 season.

Cheers again.

Hows this? I had to change it a little, couldn't find any video of Ishmael Miller so put Graeme Dorrans in his place. Any changes needed?

http://rapidshare.com/files/417003160/My_Movie.rar