Far too many red cards/ very inconsistent results!

adamC

Reaction score
Hello,

Having just took burnley to the champions league final in my last game, ive just started a game with dortmund. ive played 9 league games, lost 6 and drawn 3, yet ive comfortably won all europa league games including a 3-0 win away to sevilla!

in the league my team will either not turn up, or have 24 shots to the opponents 3 and get beat 2-1.

Ive also had 7 red cards.. in 9 games.. its a bit stupid really, very unrealistic!

Im not using hard tackling or anything. nor am i using any crazy tactics.

anyone any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

also, subotic and hummels have been absolutely shocking.

like really really bad, hummels has an own goal, 6.3 average rating, subotic not far off, but he just looks so bad. conceeded from a few back passes from him and his inability to clear it!

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

theres another red card, after 34 mins away to wolfsburg! totally stupid this is

no its on normal

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

8 injuries aswell at the min :/ its just a bit ridiculous lol.

sahin just got handed a further 2 game ban after the commitee watched video footage and deemed it a bad red card!

It must be your tactics. There must be too much pressure on your defense so your players are making rash decisions. In my Dortmund game, my team have the best defensive record. I employ a 4-1-2-2-1 Asymmetric formation with a nike defense and man marking DMC.
Code:
                           Barrios

Kagawa                 Blaszczykowski

Großkreutz                   Sahin

Kehl

Schmelzer - Hummels - Subotic - Owomoyela

Weidenfeller

Last edited:
Hello,

Having just took burnley to the champions league final in my last game, ive just started a game with dortmund. ive played 9 league games, lost 6 and drawn 3, yet ive comfortably won all europa league games including a 3-0 win away to sevilla!

in the league my team will either not turn up, or have 24 shots to the opponents 3 and get beat 2-1.

Ive also had 7 red cards.. in 9 games.. its a bit stupid really, very unrealistic!

Im not using hard tackling or anything. nor am i using any crazy tactics.

anyone any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

also, subotic and hummels have been absolutely shocking.

like really really bad, hummels has an own goal, 6.3 average rating, subotic not far off, but he just looks so bad. conceeded from a few back passes from him and his inability to clear it!

Ive had the same exact problem with Dortmund. The team is all over the place and I get a player red carded almost every singe game. Im usually fairly good at the game, my last game I was Lille. I won the French League 5 times in 6 weeks, won a Europa League and the last 3 seasons in the Champs League I went: lost in semis, lost in semis, lost in Final.

I just cant get Dortmund going in the right direction and Ive had the same exact issues you are describing.

yea its a bit silly. i was roma once, for 6 games, de rossi got sent off 6 games in a row, just immediately quit as thats gotta be a bug.

as a last ditch, ive created a sort of 'total football' dutch style tactics for the past 2 games.. had about 24 shots in the last game away to stuttgart, drew 2-2. currently away to leverkusen, killing them so far in the attempts scale, still 0-0 at half time tho, at least no red cards!

Im just glad someone else is having that issue. I mean Ive had teams before where its taken me a while to get tactics down and get them playing well, thats part of the fun. This is just different though. It feels like something is wrong. I get red carded all the time and the game just seems odd. Also my players get tired very quickly. I'll have guys at 98% and match fit before the game and they have to be taken off at halftime. And these are guys playing positions that shouldnt be getting tired.

Maybe Ill just switch to a new game. I had been deciding if I should start a new game with Dortmund or Napoli, maybe Ill just play as Napoli now.

Maybe your defensive line is set to very high. When the line is so high and both of your Cb's are set to stopper, when someone gets past you without triggering an offside, your CB's sometimes does drastic measures like tackling from the back, etc.

since deploying my total football tactic ive drawn 2 and won 4 in a row :D including teams like top of the table schalke and 3rd place hsv :D both were away aswell

who wuda guessed it! such an attacking fluid tactics would have turned it around for me.

cant wait for jan, bring in another striker to go along with zidan and barrios :D

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

just got pavlyuchenko on loan in jan, he just scored 3 unbeleiveable long shots on his debut!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

and a placed finish, 4 goals on the debut, amazin

Use counter strategy for a couple of games. It doesn't matter if you win with 1 or 4 goals margin. A win is a win and it will boost the morale. They should be playing better and get almost no cards. This is what I did when I had this kind of problem.

It is a bit of a pain when this happens in my redditch save I always seem to get red cards in bulk, I can go for a hole season barely seing a red card, and then suddenly I will get 4 in 6 games. Thats without change to tactics or anything. Its a bit annoying really. There are two things that you can do though. 1 disapline your players. if its violent give them a 2 week fine. If its two yellow in an important game give a weeks fine. If they are young and learning be a little more soft on them. Most of the time they'll accept the fine, especially if they are proffessional. I have noticed this can reduce a players aggression attribute too. The second thing you can do is keep an eye on your assistants feedback during a match, look out for messages of players desearving a yellowcard or are in danger of being booked, especially if they are tired (late tackles) and or its an important game (derby, or league rivals). sub them off if they look risky.

tick tackling on every player setting then set to easy for whole team

That happened to me in cagliari ! About 15 red cards in one season, but now in the second season, the red cards all vanished ! I think its only in the first season.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Also, I had about 15 penalties against!

That happened to me in cagliari ! About 15 red cards in one season, but now in the second season, the red cards all vanished ! I think its only in the first season.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Also, I had about 15 penalties against!

No it can happen at any time, I am in my 7th season with redditch and it happened in season 6, I also recall it happed a few seasons back aswell. Its like buses, they all come at once. Still I should check the opposite team players see if they like to wind up the opposition or if I had an unluck y run of very strict refs.

I had 7 red cards in 4 games, it tends to happen more often in lower leagues :)

I've always found that a lack of possession ends up in cards as your players get frustrated. When I'm in form and getting 60-70% possession the opponents keep getting booked and giving me pens.