WhitleyBayFC

Reaction score
I recently posted a story about taking AS Monaco back to where they belong but figured after 10 games, it was a bit too straight forward. So taking a different route, here is a new story based in the Faroe Islands.

The Faroe Islands are situated in the North Atlantic halfway between Iceland and Norway. A recent census confirms that around 50,000 people live on these island outcrops. The Faroe Islands joined FIFA in 1988 and any matches before this date have been considered unofficial; two years later they joined UEFA. They have gained some memorable results notably frustrating Scotland by drawing with them during the European Championship qualifiers in 2000 and 2004.
History
Undrŏ FF has no history to speak of as the club was founded in 2006 making them the youngest member of the Faroese football association. In 2010 they reached the finals of the 3. Delid before losing to B36 but still gaining promotion where they play to this day. They play at the 5,000 capacity stadium Gundadalur in Torshavn.
14th​ July 2012
Undriŏ FF today announced Sam Donovan as their new manager. Reports have circulated in the press in recent days that Undriŏ were looking to appoint a new manager and it is a move that has not surprised many. Undriŏ have performed well under expectations this season crashing out of the Faroese cup and only registering 3 wins from 16 games. Donovan expressed his pride and pleasure in taking charge of an ailing side and promised great things but may not achieve them this season. He arrives with a squad on amateur contracts and no transfer budget.
Donovan pointed out that he thought goalkeeper Terji Rasmusen and forward Johan Ejvind Restorff Mouritsen would lead the team to glory.

The board of Undriđ today expressed their gratitude to manager Sam Donovan as he guided them to the Faroese 2nd​ Division title. Seen by many as potential relegation candidates it must be admired for the work that Donovan put into the title challenge. Since Donovan took over Undriđ embarked on a 11 game unbeaten run seeing them win 8 games in the process. A number of high profile stars left the club as they could only offer amateur contracts.
Donovan has proven that you can win things with kids as he has employed several 14 year olds in his side as John Hentze bagged 3 goals from 5 starts. The fans are eagerly anticipating pre-season beginning in February as they look to take the 1st​ division by storm.

The other teams are reserve squads and cannot be promoted.

That's what I was wondering to begin with but then I realised that that the other teams were all reserve teams or II teams. Promotion was always going to happen which is somewhat disappointing but winning the league was hard work. I'm hoping it's not going to be the same in the 1st Division

Yup, that fact doesn't change the fact that you won the league :D I am wondering when did you have promotion secured based on this notion? If that happened like mid-season you did quite a good job finishing strong.

Yup, that fact doesn't change the fact that you won the league :D I am wondering when did you have promotion secured based on this notion? If that happened like mid-season you did quite a good job finishing strong.

Cheers! I only clicked about the reserve teams at the end of the season when I saw 7th place got promoted. I won the league on the last day of the season. Some lucky results fell my way but beating Royn who finished 2nd in my third to last game helped me. The 1st Division has 6 clubs that can get promoted so it will be a tougher challenge. Still all the players are on amateur contracts so they can join whoever, whenever they want. It's difficult to keep a solid base. However, a bunch of 14 year olds seem to be able to stamp their authority on the 2nd division!