Farsley Celtic - Can The Villagers get to the Football League?

JoeHolmes

Reaction score
FARSLEY CELTIC F.C.
Can The Villagers get to the Football League?
View attachment 1204452
Hello and welcome to my Farsley Celtic save. In this save I will be trying to take Northern Premier League side Farsley Celtic to the football league. I feel like this will take a few seasons to do but I am ready for the long old journey. There will be up's and down's, high's and low's but lets see what we can really do. But first a bit of background of the club.

HISTORY
The club was established in 1908 as Farsley Football Club and played in amateur leagues in Leeds. In 1986–87 they were Northern Counties Premier Division runners-up, earning promotion to the newly formed Division One of the Northern Premier League. The club remained in the division for seventeen seasons until a third-place finish in 2003–04 saw them promoted to the Premier Division. In 2005–06 Farsley finished fourth in the Premier Division, qualifying for the play-offs. After beating Marine 1–0 in the semi-finals, they defeated North Ferriby United 2–1 in the final to earn promotion to the Conference North. A second successive promotion was achieved the following season when a fifth-place finish in the Conference North saw them again qualify for the playoffs. They went on to beat Kettering Town 4–2 on aggregate in the semi-finals, before beating Hinckley United 4–3 in the final. The club's first season in the Conference National ended in relegation back to the Conference North. Farsley went into administration and were expelled from the Conference in March 2010 after being unable to fulfil their fixtures.

Ground
Throstle Nest - Capacity 4,000 (300 seated)

View attachment 1204457

SEASON 1 - Northern Premier League - Premier Division
View attachment 1204460
Pre-Season & August

Pre-Season Results
View attachment 1204462

I won't go into to much detail but, it was not a bad pre-Season for Farsley Celtic. We scored a lot of goals against lower league sides and got a draw against recently relegated Guiseley. The 1-1 draw vs. The Bottesford result was the only disappointment. We played good fluid football through the middle and had our big no. 9 Jimmy Spencer up top to head in a few goals.

Signings and Departures.

View attachment 1204463

The Kwame Boateng deal was already done before I came as well as the David Syers and Ed Hall deal. Will Hayhurst, Jimmy Spencer, Iwan Murray (Loan) & Chris Lait all come in to boost our attacking threat.

View attachment 12002

View attachment 12001

View attachment 12004
View attachment 12000

View attachment 12003

View attachment 11999

2 wins, 2 defeats. Not the best of starts and to hear that Spencer will be out for another 2 weeks is not the best news. David Seyers getting injured as well after 3 solid performances is not good news either. Predicted 8th, in 11th. Not happy.

View attachment 11998

Going to leave it here and continue with Aug in the next update as this is getting long. If you want me to add anymore info, please let me know!