noobito

Reaction score
Having taken a break from my Bradford City game and bounced around a few games none of which kept me interested i decided to head back to lower league looking for a challange, Decided to keep it as local as i could and ended up in the Blue Square North with Farsley Celtic, A challange at the best of times but with a 10 point deduction at the start of the season its looking alot harder.The media prediction is 22nd but my own prediction is 10th-8th depending on injuries though as i know they will happen alot in this league.

Checking through the team i noticed i needed almost a entire new team but really lack funding so set myself a target of midtable just to get some wages, With only Nathan Cartman, Lee Ellington and Tom Hirst even half decent i had alot of work to do in the transfer window.

Players In:
Alan Gourlay - MC/ST - Free from Vale of Leven
Gavin McLachlan - GK - Free Transfer
Jean-Paul Abalo - DLC - Free from FC Deols
Karl Brown - D/ML - Free Transfer
Fraser Forrest - DC - Free Transfer
Alex Smith - WBL/MLC - Free Transfer
Bryan Little - AMLC - Free from Team Wellington
Wayne Graves - MRL - Free Transfer
Jason Norville - AM/FC - Free Transfer
Liam Ridehalgh - DLC/ML - Season Long Loan from Huddersfield Town
Jonny Boyle - ST - Free Transfer
Jamie Guy - ST - Free from Colchester United
David Foley - ST - Free from Hartlepool United
Simon Heslop - MLC - Free from Barnsley

Key Players:

Gavin McLachlan:
View attachment 30845

Fraser Forrest:
View attachment 30846

Liam Ridehalgh:
View attachment 30847

Jamie guy:
View attachment 30848

Simon Heslop:
View attachment 30849

Bryan Little:
View attachment 30850

Transfers:
View attachment 30851

With the signings i have made midtable is the least i would expect, Little is without a doubt the star signing this season although i'm very please with McLachlan aswell, The squad has been rebuilt from scratch pretty much on a very tight budget and i'm pleased with the signings.

Preseason Results:

Farsley 2-1 Farsley Reserves
Farsley 0-2 Leeds United
Farsley 1-2 Hampton and Richmond
Farsley 1-0 Bath
Hitchin 0-3 Farsley
Maidenhead 0-1 Farsley
Dartford 0-1 Farsley
Farsley 1-0 GH Academy
Ossett Town 0-1 Farsley

A pretty strong preseason overall, Very pleased with the clean sheets in the final 6 matchs, Sets us up nicely for the start of what will be a very long and hard season for Farsley Celtic.

August Results:

Blue Square North
Farsley 4-0 Alfreton (Little(2), Liburd, Grant - s/o Brown)
First game of the season and Farsley are look to make it -7 after this game, The match is all Farsley early on as they look strong going forward and go ahead on 29 mins when Little smashes home a freekick from just outside the box, Farsley are into total control at the break, Second half kicks off and its soon 2-0, Little's backpost corner finds Liburd who powers home the header on 47 mins, On 57 another freekick is hammered home by Little and the match is all but over, Farsley bring on Grant for the final 15 mins and on 80 mins Little fires the ball across the box and Grant is on hand to stab it home for 4-0.
MOM - Bryan Little (Farsley)

Blue Square North
Northwich 0-3 Farsley (Ellington(2), Little)
Farsley play Northwich another side starting on -10 this season and its very close early on with both sides creating chances but not taking them, Farsley do grab the lead on 44 mins though when Little robs the ball out left and fires it into the box for Ellington to finish, Second half and Farsley grab a second on 50 mins when Ellington is played in by Norville for a simple tap in, The match goes flat but on 90+2 Ellington is knocked over in the box and Little steps up to convert the spot kick for 0-3.
MOM - Lee Ellington (Farsley)

Blue Square North
Gloucester 2-0 Farsley (Symons, Ballinger)
Farsley play Gloucester and are looking shakey early on and on 15 mins Ridehalgh hands Gloucester a spot kick but McLachlan makes the save to keep it level, Gloucester dominated Farsley for the entire half but its level at the break, Second half see's Gloucester go ahead on 58 mins though when Symons powers home from a corner and its no more than they deserved, The match is over on 72 mins when Ballinger stabs home after a scramble in the box following another corner and Farsley are defeateded.
MOM - Michael Symons (Gloucester)

Blue Square North
Farsley 2-1 Blyth (Bell OG, Foley - Dale)
Farsley host Blyth and are on the back foot early on but manage to keep it level up until 29 mins when Dale lashes home from just outside the box to give Blyth the lead, Farsley push forward but cant get level before the break, On 50 mins it is level though when Little fires in a corner Foley powers the header down and Bell ends up knocking it into his own goal, Farsley built confidence from the goal and go on the attack and finally get ahead on 63 mins when Little fires the ball into the box and Foley controls it well before calmly slotting it home for 2-1.Blyth do push for a leveler late on but Farsley's backline holds firm and they take the 3 points.
MOM - Robert Dale (Blyth)

Blue Square North
Stafford 0-1 Farsley (s/o Owens - Little)
Farsley head to play Stafford and are again on the back foot early on and can barely get out of their own half for the entire first half its just all Stafford, Second half Farsley do get some attacks going but dont look like scoring at all as the match looks to be heading for a draw, On 73 mins Stafford are down to 10 men when Owens is sent off for elbowing Cartman and Farsley look to punish them, They get the goal on 85 mins when Liburd is hacked down in the box and Little steps up to convert the spot kick, Stafford didnt deserve to lose but Farsley are no longer in minus points.
MOM - Bryan Little (Farsley)

Blue Square North
Farsley 3-2 Gainsborough (Cartman(2), Ellington - Beckett(2))
Farsley host top of the league Gainsborough and are behind after only 38 seconds when Beckett is sent clear and hammers the ball home for 0-1, The lead is gone on 10 mins when Cartman is picked out by Foley for a simple headed goal and on 23 mins Farsley go ahead Ridehalgh sends a cross to the far post and Ellington is on hand to power it home, The rest of the half is back and forth but Farsley lead at the break, The second half starts the same way as the first with Beckett again getting in behind the Farsley defence to slam it home for 2-2 on 47 mins, Both sides really go for it but it looks to be ending level but on 90+3 Farsley get a freekick and Little lays it off to Cartman who hammers it into the top corner of the upright from 40 yards out, A amazing strike from Cartman gives Farsley all 3 points.
MOM - Nathan Cartman (Farsley)

Blue Square North
Ilkeston 1-0 Farsley (Morgan-Smith)
Farsley head to play Ilkeston and look pretty strong early on creating a few chances and limiting Ilkeston but they cant get the goal they need and on 37 mins are made to pay when Morgan-Smith powers home from a corner as Ilkeston take a shock lead into the break, Farsley hammer Ilkeston after the break and have chance after chance to go level but just fail to convert a single one of them and as the final whistle comes failure to score is what has beaten Farsley today Ilkeston were very poor but that single goal was enough for the win.
MOM - Paul Dempsey (Ilkeston)

Managers Player of the Month - Bryan Little - A great month for Little, Scoring 4 goals and picking up 5 assists in 7 games, I'll be looking to him for more of the same all season as he was name player of the month this month too, Cartman also had a strong month a scored a peach of a goal against Gainsborough.

Overview of the Month - The aim this month was to get rid of that -10 and we managed that picking up 15 points from a possible 21, We look pretty strong going forward although most of the goals seem to be coming from midfield, Sadly we are without Jamie Guy who is the best striker we have but Ellington and Foley are doing ok with Norville now fit aswell we have options.

I'll be looking to add loan signings but my god is it hard to get players to join you at this level, Tried getting player after player from Leeds United and not a single one was interested, Huddersfield look like my best option for loans this season but they have limited options to choose from so i may not even pick anyone up unless i get alot of injuries.

League Table:
View attachment 30852

played as farsley in FM09, so will propably check this every now and then, but dont relly like the outfit, but either way, good luck<)

good luck with it! Im in Tier 10 with Birley town FC and these LLM games are always more fun and interesting! I hope you keep the story up as I always find these more fun and interesting than the EPL millions of pounds games!

Oh i'll keep it up with them unless i get sack, I did it with Bradford City taking them from League Two to winning the EPL twice before taking a break, Did it on 09 with Gateshead taking them to the EPL from the Blue Square North too, I'm not one for starting and not finishing unless i get the sack.

Getting the sack is something i have done a few times since i took my break from my City game, Trying to do anything with a team of nothing but players over 30 was always going to be a challange but i did'nt last more than 3 month with any of the teams i tried, Hoping to last alittle longer with Farsley, The midtable finish will make sure i dont get the sack because midtable is the least i expect, Given how we have performed so far picking up 15 from 21 a high finish is possible but promotion is probably going to have to wait until next season unless teams really slip up.

I'm doing the same thing, completely changed the team in the first season and managed to win the league. Then completely changed the team the second season with 23 new players and am currently top of the bsp. I doubt I'll change the team so much if I get into League 2 but it's a system that's served me well so far!