Fast and direct playing style - desperate

vandamme84

Reaction score
hi

I am desperately trying to simulate a fast direct playing style in fm 14. But I will give up this game, if nobody can give me a good advices what I am doing wrong.

I have already tried with city but get fired during the first season. Please look @ the link

Direct football - What I am doing wrong? Please help

Now I am trying it with real madrid, but its pure desperation. Please can you analyze my tactical set up. Here are some details:

This is my home tactic, I don't really tweak this no matter whos the opponent. Get quite some good results.

This is my away tactic. I use this against weaker teams and tweak sometimes. Take off the pressing sometimes or tweak to counter.

And thats my third tactic. Use only against heavy opponents away.

Its my first season and here are the results so fare:

I am struggling like every fm game by the away games. I ve lost all my away games against the top 4:

Don't really know what do to??? Please give me some advice. thx

why is this forum existing, when nobody answer a few questions??? its not the first time

why is this forum existing, when nobody answer a few questions??? its not the first time

First off mate, drop the attitude. I didn't see your first post, otherwise I would have had a look in but with a second post like this, you're just going to **** off anyone who might have considered helping you.

Secondly, I don't think there is much wrong with your tactic. Of the 7 games (fixture list) you lost 5 of them were only by one goal so that doesn't really indicate a problem. Did you loose the lead or did you go into the second half behind? Either way, your man management might be at fault: Real Madrid has players with huge reputations so you've to stop them from getting complacent. Tough (but fair) love is the trick to getting these guys to never take their place for granted. Squad rotation will keep them hungry and stop dips in form.

I do have to ask though, If your results at home are so good, why do you feel the need to change your tactic when playing away? You're the bigger side, you should be dictating how the games is played. I wouldn't change my game plan at all for away games and only tweak it if they've set out to counter you (unless it's an important game against similar opposition), in which case, design a game plan specifically for the team your facing, a generic tactic for similar opposition is pointless in my opinion since all your oppositions won't play the same way.

An undeniable fact though is that, away from home, you'll probably have to play wider and focus more on wing-back play since your opposition will drop deeper and reluctantly venture forward. You could try playing on the counter but I personally don;t know how to set teams up to receive pressure before winning the ball and launching counter attacks.

First off mate, drop the attitude. I didn't see your first post, otherwise I would have had a look in but with a second post like this, you're just going to **** off anyone who might have considered helping you.

Secondly, I don't think there is much wrong with your tactic. Of the 7 games (fixture list) you lost 5 of them were only by one goal so that doesn't really indicate a problem. Did you loose the lead or did you go into the second half behind? Either way, your man management might be at fault: Real Madrid has players with huge reputations so you've to stop them from getting complacent. Tough (but fair) love is the trick to getting these guys to never take their place for granted. Squad rotation will keep them hungry and stop dips in form.

I do have to ask though, If your results at home are so good, why do you feel the need to change your tactic when playing away? You're the bigger side, you should be dictating how the games is played. I wouldn't change my game plan at all for away games and only tweak it if they've set out to counter you (unless it's an important game against similar opposition), in which case, design a game plan specifically for the team your facing, a generic tactic for similar opposition is pointless in my opinion since all your oppositions won't play the same way.

An undeniable fact though is that, away from home, you'll probably have to play wider and focus more on wing-back play since your opposition will drop deeper and reluctantly venture forward. You could try playing on the counter but I personally don;t know how to set teams up to receive pressure before winning the ball and launching counter attacks.

Sorry mate, but Its frustration. Thx for understanding.

There are several issues:
1. Missing cccs and the opponent scores.
2. Conceding from the time period 1-15 minutes a lot of goals. I have to consider the team talks - your point.
I believe you the point with the team talks, what sould i do???
3. I really don't know why I am changing the tactic away. Maybe I take the tactic guides to serious. You should act more cautious when you are playing away from home and so on. It's my fallacy.
The problem is playing away against top teams. Don't really know how to design the tactic. If I am playing more defensive then I getting dominated from barca or atletico. If I am playing offensive the I get hit on the counter. Tried every way, without success.

thx for support and excuse me for my statement, but like I mentioned its frustration.

Last edited:
View attachment 375119
View attachment 375118

Completely holidayed. This is the second season. No signings. Sold Di Maria. Zizou lost the league by 4 points, but Barca is crazy good on this save (signed a ton of players)

If i actually managed and made changes to the tactic (sometimes you need an extra cb or striker) i'd probably win all.

I don't like it tho, because it's ugly football for the most part and you gotta bench Bale and still pay him 350k/week since nobody wants to sign him due to wages.

well, for your counter tactic is good to use 4-2-3-1 deep with DM-S & DM-D in front of your 4 last players, DM-S is good because he can get forward and get the ball to more attacking players. Also, clear ball to flanks shout is helpful for counter tactic.

your first tactis is good, there is no problem with it, I would remove use tight marking shout, and, depend on opposition team, sometimes use drill crosses (if opposite defenders are slow) or float crosses (if opposite defenders are no good in the air), and work ball into box, and IF's on left & right would be on attack duty, and DLF on support duty.for AP-A player instructions roam from position if Modric have good creativity, shoot less often, pass it shorter.I'm not an expert but I hope I helped you. :)

Last edited: