Fast & Effective Counter Attacking 4-3-3

Djzone

Reaction score
I started Fm13 using the "il Devasto" tactic and also tried "Might & Magic" by Raikan, personally i found might & magic to be a tactic i couldnt make work, not that its a bad tactic i just didnt know how to implement it properly. So, i tried Il devasto, this worked straight away and i started racking up wins in no time...but, results started to ease off. Wins became draws and draws became loses, i didnt know what to do so i decided....i'll actually make my own tactic...and here it is.

I expected NOTHING of this tactic and to ultimately fail miserably trying but it worked...with great results too!!

First season my major win and something im really proud of was my 7-2 agg win over Real Madrid, my team outplayed them everywhere. I racked up alot of wins but ultimately it was Arsenal who pipped it to the title.

This season was different, my first season where i got off to a start of wins, but around october or november the game AND computer decided to freeze so i had to restart that season and not having the patience i decided to go on holiday until around november. results were ok but got alot better once i took back my rightful seat in the dugout. anyways just wanted to tell you all a little bit of where this came from..im also not very good at explaining things like tactics and so on but im sure from who you see on my team what is required in each position, so im going to upload a couple of screens i took so you can see.

If you like you can try it out, give some tips, comments and feedback. Im always looking to better my tactic so every idea is welcome.

so here it is...

View attachment 288984 View attachment 288985 View attachment 288986

View attachment 288987View attachment 288988View attachment 288990

View attachment 288993

View attachment 288994View attachment 288995

So as i said it would be worthless trying to explain stuff to you that might sound odd and non-relevant lol so anything you want to know just ask.

thanks for looking and reading :)

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?ron22f2ur522t7n

Last edited:
i like this tactic. i have used a very similar system but instead of 2 dm's i had one of them set as a dlp (a sort of paul scholes type) and the cm set as a box to box midfielder. i'll give this one a go. maybe at lower league teams it might be worth changing control to counter and changing the passing to down both flanks

I play a similar formation in my save with Liverpool. But have higher tempo, less freedom, etc. Where do you instruct your player's to press? I put the FB's, the MD's and the MC in the limit of midfield and the wingers and the poacher in whole pitch.
I like very much this kind of formation. The counter in this year's game is very good!
Cheers :)

I play a similar formation in my save with Liverpool. But have higher tempo, less freedom, etc. Where do you instruct your player's to press? I put the FB's, the MD's and the MC in the limit of midfield and the wingers and the poacher in whole pitch.
I like very much this kind of formation. The counter in this year's game is very good!
Cheers :)

i have everyone pressing, i think. i want them to put pressure until they make a mistake, take it and score lol simple system :) i like my striker to be pacey and deadly (neymar) and i want my wide players to be able to play down the wing yet cut inside and do some serious damage while my CM just sits in the middle nicely waiting to put through that awesome pass, as i see it in my head lol

thats what i was hoping for with this tactic and i think thats what ive got :)

Also Neymar is now on 25 goals to 21 league apps, he is a beast!

Haha you think just like me. Awesome! Normally with my mate's they tell that I don't like to play football but instead I want only defend lol. Finally someone understands me! You're my best friend from now on! lol
:)

Haha you think just like me. Awesome! Normally with my mate's they tell that I don't like to play football but instead I want only defend lol. Finally someone understands me! You're my best friend from now on! lol
:)

Well every good team is built from the back ;)

Basicly mate this is not 4-3-3 you dont using 3 real strikers,so please change title to 4-2-3-1.

Basicly mate this is not 4-3-3 you dont using 3 real strikers,so please change title to 4-2-3-1.

it is a modern day 4-3-3. Manchester United play with 3 strikers but they dont all play in the central striker position. 2 of the 3 will always be in the inside forward position. it uses 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and forwards

Well i taught it was a 4-2-1-2-1 but FM13 told me it was 4-3-3 so thats what it is...

so how are the results everyone? how is it working for you?

Ok so, i changed the tactic a little bit and it works absolute wonders! Dribbling, First Touch, Creativty & Speed is a must. Until i can upload a few screen shots or make a new thread or something for people viewing this,

Move the two Inside forwards (IF) into the middle, sitting behind the striker. Now change their role to Advanced Playmaker (AP)

After this tweak i have won the CL, won the Premier Leauge and on course for a second (13 points clear of 2nd). On my way this season, tactic fully implemented after a crushing 5-3 defeat to chelsea (my mistake youth players on instead of 1st team...oops) I have since gone on to SMASH teams before me, rectifying that defeat to chelsea by smashing them 7-1 & then hammering Spurs 8-0. Every team i face...I win.

So if you make this tweak, the only tweak i recommend, your free to make any changes you want but remember, Dribbling, First Touch, Creativty & Speed...with this your front 3 will smash, outrun & make a fool out of the oppositions defence.