shawns21

Reaction score
I have been playing as liverpool. I won the league my first season, picked up some nice regens a german CB who is 6'8!! An english goalkeeper, and two french players one striker with 194 PA (yes I used genie scout) and the other a ball playing CB who would fit perfectly with my slow 6'8 german. I also bought Will Hughes in the first season and played him somewhat regularly. I loaned the regens out the first season, and now I'm in my third. I was thinking about playing them regularly and "fast tracking" there progress. Is this possible? I know first team expereince is good for players, but getting them into my first team now at the age of 17/18 fast track that progress?

Also, how fast do regens normally take to reach full potential?

if they are 16-18, dont just loan them everywhere. I myself keep them until 20-21(thats when they will be unhappy at lack of playing time), i let them being trained in my reserve squad.
Loaning them to clubs with low coaching and facilities will do more damage than good.

I have top training facilities, and also good tutors to enhance their mental stats and PPM.

As you are liverpool, play your youths in capital one and FA cup, and easy game in League. As your board isnt excited in these competitions i think.
Being Tutored is one thing loaning will cancel out. Also you cant train them to your likings of PPM, i have Maupay being an ultimate poacher with all the best PPM for a poacher.

How fast? i think personality and determination have effects, i have a regen who is unambitious, he started great, but his stat is dropping for a 19 years old.

I bought a CB, 3 years ago for 5m, he was 18 and Driven personality, i played him 20 games in 1st season, almost all game in both 2nd and 3rd season. Now, he's the best CB in EPL and probably in the world, rated 30m, top teams always has interests on him, but never bid, because i give him improve contracts every year, he was just that good. 195 cm, 20 in heading, concentration and positioning, 19 in marking tackling and anticipation. And he is fast, i think he has 15 acceleration and pace. Just the best.

It depends to facilities, coaches, training, tutor, personality and playing time. So Many factors, i just love that.

Last edited:
Age doesn't matter on FM if mentally and physically they are strong at a young age. I've had one of my players who was 'playing near to his full potential' at 19 years old through playing in the first team since the age of 16. As long as you have a strong team around them it won't matter.

All depends on their determination, you will generally see vast improvements over a season with regens with 17-20 determination

Determination, and possibly Ambition/ Work Rate are a factor. If you're using genie scout though, just set age at 17 max, current ability at least 105, potential ability 165, order by value so cheapest at the bottom and go NUTS. Just play them all and they'll be WC by the time they're 20