Faves!

Robshkii

Reaction score
So basically I was just interested in seeing who likes what kind of music, fave bands, awesome new albums etc.

please feel free to fill this template in and add bits of your own if you want!

Fave Band/Artist 1: Emmure
Genre: Metalcore/Deathcore
Album(s): Goodbye to the Gallows, The Respect Issue, Felony, Speaker of the Dead
Fave Songs: R2 Deepthroat, Children of Cybertron, Solar Flare Homicide.

Fave Band/Artist 2: Pendulum
Genre: Drum & Bass/Electronica/Dance
Album(s): Hold Your Colour, In Silico, Immersion.
Fave Songs: Tarantula, Blood Sugar, Set Me On Fire, The Vulture.

Fave Band/Artist 3: A Day to Remember
Genre: Metalcore/Pop-Metal
Album(s): ...And Their Name Was Treason, For Those Who Have Heart, Homesick, What Seperates Me From You.
Fave Songs: A Shot In the Dark, Fast Forward to 2012, Mr. Highway's Thinking About the End, 2nd Sucks, You Be Tails I'll Be Sonic, Sticks and Bricks.

Fave Band/Artist: Oasis
Genre:
Album(s) : Stop The Clocks
Fave Songs : Morning Glory , Champagne Supernova , Lyla , Wonderwall

Fave Band/Artist 2: Chris Brown
Genre: R&B, Rap
Album(s): Chris Brown, Exclusive, Grafitti, F.A.M.E
Fave Songs: Forever, Yeah 3X, Beautiful People, Pass Out

Fave Band/Artist 2: Enter Shikari
Genre: Hardcore/Electronic,Punk
Album(s): Common Dreads, Take To The Skies
Fave Songs: Hectic, Destabalise, Thumper, Sorry You're Not A Winner

Greatest band of all time :)

The Smashing Pumpkins:

Greatest Albums of all time:

1012_1214285015.jpg

Live--Throwing-Copper.jpg

Oasis_-_%28What%27s_the_Story%29_Morning_Glory%3F.jpg

Fave Band/Artist Eminem
Genre: Rap
Album(s): Infinite,Marshall Mathers LP the slim shady lp, the eminem show,encore,Curtian Call relapse recovery
Fave Songs: Beautifull, we made you, not afriad love theway you lie ETC ETC ETC

Fave Band/Artist: 2Pac
Genre: Political and Conscious Hip Hop
Album(s): 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z, Me Against the World, All Eyez On Me, The 7 Day Theory
Fave Songs: Words of Wisdom, **** All Y'all, Life Goes On, Changes (OG), Dear Mama

Fave Band/Artist: Murs
Genre: Conscious Hip Hop
Album(s): Murs Rules the World, Varsity Blues, The End of the Beginning, Murs 3:16, Murs for President
Fave Songs: Walk Like a Man, 18 W A Bullet, Writer's Blues, Yesterday, Can It Be

Fave Band/Artist: Vinnie Paz / Jedi Mind Tricks
Genre: Hardcore and Political hip Hop
Album(s): Violent By Design, Visions of Gandhi, Legacy of Blood, Servant in Heaven Kings in ****, A History of Violence
Fave Songs: Black Winter Day, Before the Great Collapse, Heavy Metal Kings (TERROR), The Rage of Angels

Fave Band/Artist: Prozak / Project: Deadman
Genre: Horrorcore, Hardcore and Political hip Hop
Album(s): Self-Inflicted, Tales from the Sick
Fave Songs: Good Enough, Bombs Away, The World Is A Slave, Corporate Lies, Holy War

Fave Band/Artist Eminem
Album(s): Infinite,Marshall Mathers LP the slim shady lp, the eminem show,encore,Curtian Call relapse recovery
Fave Songs: Beautifull, we made you, not afriad love theway you lie ETC ETC ETC

It was all going so well untill you listed your favourite songs ;)

It was all going so well untill you listed your favourite songs ;)

That's what i thought ;)

Beautiful's pretty good.
We Made You's abit ... Eh :S
Not Afraid isn't as good as previous songs
Love The Way You Lie , same as above.

Fave band/artist : Eminem
Genre : Rap
Album(s) : Relapse , Curtain Call , Infinite
Fave Songs : Mockingbird , When I'm Gone , Like Toy Soldiers , 'Till I Collapse , Cleanin' Out My Closet.

Much prefered the old Eminem :)

Fave Band/Artist: Muse
Genre: Rock/Alt rock
Album(s) : Absolution, Origin of Symmetry, Black holes and Revolations,
Fave Songs : Starlight, Time is running out, Hysteria, Plug in baby, Citizen Erased, Feeling Good,

All albums are good but those 3 are the best

Fave Band/Artist : Notorious B.I.G
Genre : Rap
Album(s) : Ready To Die , Life After Death
Fave Songs : Warnin' , Hypnotize , Juicy ,

Fave Band/Artist 1: Enter Shikari
Genre: Electronica / Metal
Album(s) : Take to the Skies, Common Dreads, The Zone, Tribalism
Fave Songs : Acid Nation, We Can Breathe in Space, Johnny Sniper

Fave Band/Artist 2: Eminem
Album(s) : Curtain Call, Infinite, Encore
Fave Songs : Fack, Shake That, When I'm Gone

Fave Band/Artist 3: Rise Against
Genre: Punk
Album(s) : Revolutions Per Minute, Siren Song of the Counter Culture, The Sufferer & The Witness, Appeal to Reason
Fave Songs : Give it All, Prayer of the Refugee, Swing Life Away, Hero of War

Nice to see a wide variety here! Lots of rap and hip-hop about. Also loving the Enter Shikari faves, Common Dreads was **** though lol.

here's another of mine.

Fave Band/Artist: Parkway Drive
Genre: Metalcore/Hardcore
Album(s) : Don't Close Your Eyes, Killing With a Smile, Horizons, Deep Blue
Fave Songs : Romance Is Dead, Deliver Me, Unrest, Sleepwalker, Carrion.

Fave Band/Artist : The Lawrence Arms
Genre: Punk
Album(s): Oh! Calcutta, A Guided Tour Of Chicago, Ghost Stories, Apathy + Exhaustion, Cocktails + Dreams, The Greatest Story Ever Told
Fave Songs: 100 Resoloutions, The Devil's Takin' Names, The First Eviction Notice, Hey What Time Is 'Pensacola: Wings Of Steel' On Anyway?

Fave Band/Artist : Leftover Crack
Genre: Crack Rock Steady
Album(s): Mediocre Generica, **** World Trade, Rock The 40oz
Fave Songs: Ya Can't Go Home, Crack City Rockers, Gay Rude Boys Unite

Fave Band/Artist : Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Genre: Post Rock
Album(s): F#A# Infinity, Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven, Yanqui UXO, Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada
Fave Songs: The Dead Flag Blues, Moya, ************=Redeemer (part 1)

Fave Band/Artist 1: Maximo Park
Genre: Indie Rock
Album(s) : A Certain Trigger, Our Earthly Pleasures, Quicken the Heart
Fave Songs : Girls Who Play Guitars, By the Monument, Russian Literature, Books From Boxes, Our Velocity, Karaoke Plays, Wraithlike (plus the entire first album, A Certain Trigger. Seriously, not a bad song on it.)

Fave Band/Artist 2: Axis of Awesome
Genre: Rock Comedy
Album(s) : Paper, Scissors, Rock!, Infinity Rock Explosion!
Fave Songs : Four Chords, Birdplane, The Glorious Epic of Three Men who are Awesome, Skeleton Man, How To (No. 2), LazyEye

Fave Band/Artist 3: Beirut
Genre: Balkan folk, World music, Indie folk
Album(s) : The Gulag Orkestar, The Flying Club Cup, March of the Zapotec and Realpeople Holland
Fave Songs : Elephant Gun, Nantes, A Sunday Smile, Mimizan, Cliquot, Postcards From Italy

Seriously recommend the latter band, mostly because it'll be something you'll hardly ever hear before or again. They make music that can only be described as beautiful and flowing, stuff that just makes you feel at peace with the world and yourself. First time I listened to Nantes, I nearly cried. Don't listen to it if you prefer brash music like rap and metal though, it's far too cultured for you. ;)

Fave Band/Artist 1: Tinie Tempah
Genre: Rap/Pop you know the modern stuff
Album(s): Discovery
Fave Songs: Wonderman, Pass Out, Written in the stars, Frisky, Miami 2 Ibiza.

Fave Band/Artist 2: Ellie Goulding
Genre: Not sure what genre to place this under
Album(s): Lights
Fave Songs: My song, starry eyed, guns & horses, lights

Fave Band/Artist 3: Take That
Genre: urm :S
Album(s): ...All of them tbh
Fave Songs: Relight my fire, Shine, The Flood, Beatiful Day, Rule the World

Fave Band/Artist 1: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Genre: Funk/alternative Rock
Album(s): all of them
Fave Songs: a very long list, including: Snow, Road Trippin, Fortune Fated, and Can't Stop just to name a few :)

Fave Band: Arcade Fire
Genre: Indie Rock
Album(s): Funeral, The Suburbs (both are albums everyone NEEDS to hear), Neon Bible (Sucks in comparison, but its still really good)
Fave Songs: Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out), Rebellion (Lies), Wake Up, No Cars Go, The Suburbs, Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains), Ready to Start, We Used to Wait, Modern Man, Rococo

Pretty much everything they've done is amazing. I'm not the HUGEST fan of their EP, but its still decent (don't compare it to their full albums and you'll like it). I always loved Arcade Fire, but when I saw them this summer it blew every band I've ever seen before out of the water. Their opening acts sucked but they more than made up for it, and I've never seen anything with more energy than their live version of Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)

Fave Band: u2
Genre: Stadium Rock
Album(s): War, The Joshua Tree, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, Achtung Baby (truthfully, everything but Pop. that album was ****)
Fave Songs: City of Blinding Lights, Where the Streets Have No Name (I love a LOT of their stuff, so I'm limiting it to the ones I like most by far)

Seen them live a few times, love most of their work, what stands out in my mind the most is watching them play at Live 8 in London on TV, wishing I was there, but their set was still amazing an ocean away.

Fave Band: Tragically Hip
Genre: Rock
Album(s): All of them. Road Apples isn't my favourite album of theirs, but its the one that I don't listen to individual songs from, I ALWAYS put it on start to finish (with one exception).
Fave Songs: Courage (For Hugh MacLennan), Love is a First, New Orleans is Sinking, At the Hundredth Meridian, Fifty-Mission Cap, 38 Years Old, Wheat Kings, Fiddler's Green

The epitome of Canadian rock, the first Canadians to write songs about Canada and still be successful (as opposed to the Guess Who writing about the States, etc.), and write about some really emotional issues - 38 Years Old is about rape, Wheat Kings is about David Milgaard, who was wrongfully convicted about rape/murder at age 16, and imprisoned for 23 years, Fiddler's Green is about death of an infant... Their songs have legitimate substance, and meaning, which is a pleasant change from today's hits

Fave Band: Muse
Genre: Rock
Album(s): I like most of their albums a lot, but my top two are Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance (how can I turn up a concept album about Nineteen Eighty-four?)
Fave Songs: Uprising, Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, MK Ultra, Undisclosed Desires, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome

Don't really have a story about them, but I missed their concert last year and will regret it immensely till they come back

Also, second the recommendation of Beirut