Favorite Movie Ending?

JP Woody

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Twist? Showdown? Happy or Sad? What are your favorite movie endings,which films in your opinion had the best endings?

For me its Se7en,the ending totally shocked me,mainly because i never seen it coming,which isnt like me.

Yeah so much better than the other additions as after the first one you are expecting a twist in its sequls, the original is always the best

sad in the green mile and green street hooligans, tears were in my eyes while watching the green mile and i never cry, i also found dumbledores death in harry potter sad, the ending of the original saw was very different to what i expected, now in the new ones i always know there will be a massive twist so its no fun to watch, i havent seen 3,4,5 or 6 and theres nothing in my mind wanting me to watch it, worst ending ever was the taking of pelham 123, nothing worse than a quickly rounded up ending is there

Yeah, I think Se7en is mine as well... though Saw was a very good one.

I liked Shawkshank Redemption's ending, not for the fact it was unexpected, but because it was a rewarding finish to a masterpiece.

lucky number slevin
se7en
old boy (a must see film)
fight club (hmmm, maybe. i loved it for the pixies song)
layer cake
pulp fiction
citizen kane
boogie nights

theyre my faves. all great in their own way. also after loving 28 days later, the very american 28 weeks later dissapointed me. but the ending; grainy footage of the infected storming the eiffel tower, chilled me to the bone.

Last edited:
glad you agree sunderland danny, i think 6 films is well over the top, only good series i can think of with alot of films is star wars, and even then the new ones other than revenge of the sith are all ****

The ending of The Prestige totally got me, I really think the Nolan Brother's exceeded themselves there as it was something I was never expecting to see.

The 1st saw ending was also a great one no doubt about it!

Green Street
Pulp Fiction
Wanted

Final destination 3-**** ending.

come on lighten up gents its just a fun film, i mean something with charlie hunnam isnt going to have much meaning, like a jason statham film, though elijah wood is a great actor, think they should have got a cockney to do the role though, he sounds like shane warne

i liked the film, but it didnt need a dodgy accent to distract me lol. where was danny dyer?? busy for once?

SCARFACE AND THE GODFATHER PART 1 EPIC MOVIES WITH AMAZING ENDINGS "say hello to my little friend" Al Pacino is GOD

also the end credits to the first matrix are pretty epic. the screen goes blank and 'wake up' by rage against the machine rips in

Yeah, I think Se7en is mine as well... though Saw was a very good one.

I liked Shawkshank Redemption's ending, not for the fact it was unexpected, but because it was a rewarding finish to a masterpiece.

Have to agree with you there.

also the end credits to the first matrix are pretty epic. the screen goes blank and 'wake up' by rage against the machine rips in

The first Matrix was epic

There Will Be Blood
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yb1GmvIxxw"]YouTube- There Will Be Blood - I Drink Your Milkshake (spolier alert)[/ame]

American Beauty
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_CfkNUC_g"]YouTube- American Beauty - My favorite scene [ending][/ame]

but I think my favourite ending to a movie has to be from Midnight Cowboy. It's probably the closest I've came to crying during a film. :'(

Usual Suspects, Sixth Sense, Shawshank, Saw... all fantastic endings

One that mightn't be as obvious is the ending in The Prestige - a great twist. I liked the ending in Arlington Road too.. for once the bad guy won!