Favourite Album?

Oh and if I asked you I was going go out to the shop tomorrow and buy one album, which would you recommend to get? (Regardless of whether the shop would sell it due to when it was released etc.) :p

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band, probably. The best album from the best band of all time. If not that, Pet Sounds, or maybe Highway 61 Revisited.

The Dark Side of the Moon, Nevermind, Pet Sounds, and Highway 61 Revisited are probably some of my favourites. Really into R.E.M at the minute, though.

Led Zeppelin. All of them. Everyone should have that in their collection. Or just get mothership.

I have never listened to a Led Zeppelin album, just individual songs such as Stairway To Heaven, Kashmir, etc.

I will listen to a few on spotify, I assume they are on there.

1) Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
2) Oasis - Whats the Story Morning Glory
3) Offspring - Smash (it was a cool album)
4) Michael Jackson - Thriller (or now to be honest, his double greatest hits album)
5) Rolling Stones - Tattoo You

I have never listened to a Led Zeppelin album, just individual songs such as Stairway To Heaven, Kashmir, etc.

I will listen to a few on spotify, I assume they are on there.

You assume wrong, it makes me cry.

1) Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
2) Oasis - Whats the Story Morning Glory
3) Offspring - Smash (it was a cool album)
4) Michael Jackson - Thriller (or now to be honest, his double greatest hits album)
5) Rolling Stones - Tattoo You

Some good suggestions there, never knew you liked a bit of MJ though Raikan, not that there is anything wrong with that ;)

Some good suggestions there, never knew you liked a bit of MJ though Raikan, not that there is anything wrong with that ;)

Hahaha, dude, Love MJ! well not him of course, but his music is incredible...

you can add Moody Blues, Guns n Roses, Fleetwood Mac, Queen to that list as well! Eagles - Hotel California as well :)

Quite a few get left out, but Smashing Pumpkins are my favourite band of all time!

1) Mötley Crüe - Shout At The Devil
2) Poison - Flesh & Blood
3) Megadeth - Rust In Peace or Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!
4) Metallica - Ride the Lightning or Kill 'Em All
5) Slayer - Show No Mercy

Loads of other thrash and glam gems that could be here. ****, Sabbath, AC/DC, KISS or Led Zep would all rank up there, but I'm curiously listening to loads of country atm. Toby Keith, Hoyt Axton, Brad Paisley, Trace Adkins

I want your view on this, some people tell me the RHCP - Stadium Arcadium album is their best one, even better than By the way. What do you think?

Stadium Arcadium is great and I love it. There's not one bad song on there.

However, it does not hit the highs of By the Way. By the Way has instant classics all over it, whereas Stadium Arcadium only really has Snow, Tell me Baby and Dani California, good as they are.

!?

Blood sugar *** magik

X Japan - Blue Blood
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
Dir en Grey - Dum Spiro Spiero.

And a few others more.

Bush - Sixteen Stone
Nirvana - Nevermind
Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Chocolate covered Starfish (this was cool for anyone aged 25-29 now)
RHCP - Californication
Coldplay - Parachutes/Rush of blood

Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

And anything by Frank Sinatra-legend

Drake - Headlines
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
Chilli Peppers - Greatest Hits

Last edited:
Worlds Collide by Apocalyptica is pretty awesome too. Watched them Live in Pula, they're amazing.

Gotta be honest, ive never even heard of half these people are saying.

Great album, but not on the level of By The Way, for me. BSSM was them developing their sound; BTW was them perfecting it.

Who the **** is Drake and why is he being mentioned in the same thread as Led Zeppelin?

Or why is Led Zeppelin mentioned in the same thread as Drake?