Favourite Formation and player roles for it?

Pezman123

Reaction score
Hey, im just wondering what everyones favourite formation is and whats there favourite player roles for the positions available in the formation and why?

Im starting a save with arsenal, as i support them but havn't even done a save with them this FM yet because i dont like alot of there squad. But im planning to do a big overhall over 2-3 years and hopefully have all regens in 5-6 years time. My aim to is make as much money as possible and spend as little as possible while still winning, something we cant do in real life. lol.

On FM12 my favourite formation was 4-4-2 but with AML and AMR, so basically 4-2-2-2.

This year that seems to be to attacking, so thats a no go.

4-2-3-1, ive never had any luck with that on any FM, it seems to weak at the back and to crowded up top.

4-4-2 has been my favourite formation this year, but since the last patch came out ive not found it as good, but its also quite boring as when regens come through, i cant use any of the attacking mids that there always seems to be alot of.

Ive always wanted to use a 3xCB formation, but ones with WBs seem to defensive and ones with wingers seem to attackive.

Since the transfer update ive gone to start my arsenal save everyday, and always end up spending hours on formations and player roles etc and then cant decide, i dont like starting a save until ive got a formation/tactic and transfer targets all written down ready. I like the stick to 1 formation through a whole save, 1 that ideally is good against all types of opponents and uses alot of different positions to get the most of different types of regens.

Sorry for dragging on.

Thanks.

Maybe try the asymmetric 4-2-3-1 that uses both attacking and defensive midfielders?
ST
----- AMCL ----- AMR
ML ------- MCR ------
DMC
DL -- DC -- DC -- DR
GK
It's a very balanced formation and works well if you have the right players.

Maybe try the asymmetric 4-2-3-1 that uses both attacking and defensive midfielders?
ST
----- AMCL ----- AMR
ML ------- MCR ------
DMC
DL -- DC -- DC -- DR
GK
It's a very balanced formation and works well if you have the right players.

what player roles would you have each of these mate?

really liking this one right now (I have tampred with a few things like gk delivery, long shoots, and roaming for the outside cb's etc):

roma352_zpsd6ac0db6.png

really liking this one right now (I have tampred with a few things like gk delivery, long shoots, and roaming for the outside cb's etc):

roma352_zpsd6ac0db6.png

this your own tactic mate? im currently in a roma save