Favourite save so far?

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 7K

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Ok so I was just wondering what save have you enjoyed most on FM12 so far? For me it is my 2nd Parma save I started about a month ago. Napoli have a Sugar Daddy and Juve and Inter always give me a challenge in the league. Just starting my 11th season now(2022-2023) and still not getting bored of the game.

Also got the board to build a new stadium and have top class facilities which means I get top talent every year :)

Whats everybodys favourite save? And give a reason why

My favourite so far has been my Littlehampton save. I got them from Level 9, I think, to the Blue Square South so far, Winning every league on the way, and picking up a few cup trophies on the way too. Got 2 amazing striker regens, who have the potential to be Premier League strikers apparently. Still hoping to make my way up to the Premiership with them.

My most favourite save though was, and still is on FM10. Went from Ebbsfleet > QPR > Deportivo > Getafe. In the 9 years ive been at Getafe, Ive won 8 La Liga Titles, 5 CL Titles and 8 Spanish Cup Titles. Soldado proved to be a sexy player, scoring 122 goals in 56 games one season, and has scored 593 in 573 games in the league in his whole career :D I also have this sexy beast of a regen called Rolando Cristaldo. Best regen I have ever seen or had.

Current Sampdoria save, year 2017/2018 took over a debt free United with a semi decent team, **** squad but made a few signings and we have a quality team again... Got Sampdoria promoted in the first season and bought some really good players for cheap and bought Alan Kardec for 525k who turned out to be the best striker I have had in Fm12 so far...

Good regens coming through, enjoying the new challenge and also trying to complete a few more Achievements in the process before Fm13 comes out :) Enjoy seeing teams get relegated and just go from bad to worse then see crappy teams starting to cement their place in the upper echelons of their respective leagues!

I normally do not and cannot bring myself to play more than 4 seasons, however, its even more fun now after I have gotten over the "regens are not cool" mindset, I love them now :)

View attachment 253396

I have a few current saves going on but my favourite one has to be the Liverpool save. I actually had to work really hard to get the title and didn't win it until the fourth season. The reason I particularly like it is because after I won the title, I decided to completely change team policy, having seen a few decent youth prospects for the last 6/7 seasons, I've signed no one and worked solely on developing my own youth products.

Now with around 90% of the entire squad as grey "HG" players straight from the academy, my aim is to win the Champs league and Prem with said team. Finished second in the league last season and got to CL semis twice in a row. Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Danny Murphy now on coaching staff!

It has to be my current Dover save, attempting to get them from the Blue Square South to the Premiership. Just been promoted to the Championship, making steady progress with improving the club as well. Really could do with the money though to build a new stadium :)

My favourite save so far is my exeter save. I started as Crewe but I actually resigned in a rage haha. Had enough. And got a job offer from Exeter who had recently been bought down to league 2. They were in 20th and im currently sitting in 12th fighting for play-offs! The league is so tight anyone can get anywhere. It took me a while to get them a tactic they gelled to, but now i feel like the works paying off. Fantastic stuff :).

Enjoying my Ajax save at the minute. Finishing up the 2014/15 season at the minute with an amazing squad that won the CL in 12/13 and was eliminated in semis last year. My best regen is a 20 year old with 20 finishing and 16 composure, he knocked 4 past Bayern last match.

My viktoria Plzen save, lasted about 5 seasons, won 4 league titles. Was a class save

I currently have a "future save" where i holidayed 'till 2021 then i took over Newcastle after they came 4 in the championship and lost in the play offs. i employed excellent scouts and scouted the world to find the best regens. I ended up coming first winning with 102 points. it then took steady progress but i won the premier league after coming 12,7,2 respectively. I have now joined Athletic Madrid and have made my own possesion tactic (that i am truely proud of) and signed a beastly aussie regen named alex boffa from newcastle after i had developed him since he was 18. The most enjoyable save ever for me

My current save I'm travelling around trying to win loads of different trophies. I started at United moving to Inter and now onto Bayern, winning the league every season :)

im in the year 2030 with Radcliffe Borough,started in the evo stick division 1 north..battled my way up to the premiership winning it for the first time in the 2028/2029 season..champions league is still evading me! brilliant save though..its had everything and a little part of me has fallen in love with the Boro' Its up their with me Gretna save from champ 01/02 :)

I started a few saves over the past year, but because of work i havent had the chance to continue them. Havent gone past one season with a club until now.

Currently in my second season with the Newcastle Jets from Australia. Came 1st in my first season, but lost the Grand final in the finals series. Qualified for this seasons Asian Champions League.

My aim is to eventually manage a top club, but obviously, that will take time.

My current save, I took charge of Ipatinga - a Brazilian club in the third tier. In 10 seasons managed to gain promotion to the top league, win the top league, the cup and the Copa Liberatados and come runners up to Chelsea in the Club World Championships. Most fun game I've had

My top team journeyman save. Currently in 2023/24 season

Man City - 7 major trophies
Real Madrid - 10 major trophies
Arsenal - 4 major trophies so far

Won the Champions League 6 times in my career, 5 consecutively spread between Real Madrid and Arsenal and going for a 6th consecutive success.

A World Cup and European Championship with England too!

View attachment 253663View attachment 253664View attachment 253665

My favourite save is my current file which is with bath as i am nearing the end of my first season n i have them sitting 3rd in the league and i got them promoted to league 2 in my first season beating ebbsfleet in the final

i have got a good striker on loan from stevenge boro who at the minute is banging in goals every game i play he has scored 8 goals since he joined at the end of january so hopefully now i can get this team into league football n build from there and try and get them to the championship soon but it will b a slow progress

Last edited:
I started as an unemployed sunday league footballer. After getting a job in the swiss 2nd tier (delemont) I have won the swiss 2nd tier, austrian league (sturm graz), ukrainian league (metallist) italian league (chievo) and now landed the Inter job. My target being the championsl league. All this from a blank CV lol

I just started a Napoli save a week ago, still in the first season with 6 games to go top of the league out of all expectations, I am in the Italian Cup final and got to the quarters in the Champions league.

I signed Luuk de Jong , Coutinho , Salva Ruiz all for Nothing which i think is not to shabby.

But it is my favorite save by far as it has been enjoyable and surprising at times as well.

Most fun I've had was started with Red Star Belgrade, resigned after 2 domestic doubles, got the Morrocco job, won the ACON on home soil in 2015 (i think it was 15) and from there I went on to manage Dortmund with great success, then Lyon and Real Madrid before the slowness of the game got too much for me :P had something like 800000 players in it and it loaded mega slow, so I called it a day :).

Currently though I'm having great fun with Stade de Reims, Ligue 2 and French Cup 1st season, French cup and 8th in Ligue 1 2nd season and then a 9th placed finish and Europa League 2nd knockout round in 3rd. The first french cup win was a shock, every round was a ligue 2 or National Championnat team until the final of Toulouse where I won on penalties. Was quite the lol :P

Im doing an FC United of Manachester save and they start out a league below the blue square north but ive succeeded to getting 4 constitutive promotions and now find myself in league 1!

Back