Favourite save so far?

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 7K
Started off with Southampton, took them to semi-finals of the UCL in 2016, then left for Atletico. Realized I hate managing in Spain and resigned a year later, took the Fulham job, resigned a year after that because I found it too boring, went to Nurnberg, resigned a month in because the club was in huge financial trouble and bout to go into admin, then got the Argentina job, took them to no.1 in the world, and a year after, I went to club football with Stuttgart, who narrowly escaped relegation the year before. Guided them to 4th in the league and Europa League knockout stages in two years, when Liverpool came knocking.

They were 10th in the league after 18 games when I took over, and after a brilliant run of games I finished 2nd, just enough for automatic entry to Champs league. (BPL only has 3 CHampions league spots now.)

My favourite save is my only save game , i've been at Tottenham for 46 years and just completed season 2056/57 winning the quadruple , the best thing about my save game is that i have two world class english strikers banging goals in for fun

I normally do not and cannot bring myself to play more than 4 seasons, however, its even more fun now after I have gotten over the "regens are not cool" mindset, I love them now :)

I normally seem to only play with Regens since usually all the teams I start with are so bad that you can't go after well know people. Two favorite saves this year is San Marino one, which I did for the challenge since I never done it, and ended up with a sugar daddy there and get like 850M a year for transfers. Problem is that the last nine years I only been running with San Marino people or people who can play for the national team, and my team produces amazing regens that is just fun to play with.

Also taking on the challenge of playing in the San Marino league itself (not just the club in Italy). Most of the clubs now are semi-professional, me and one other team is professional and we are closing in on our first one million dollar payout for something (like winning the league, or winning the cup) since we started out it was all under 120K. Like 10 years in, and while the league is a walk thru, just trying to complete with teams in the champions league is painful. I did win my first game so I am like 1-1-40 in champs league now (or something crazy like that).

my favourite save has been i started off with woking now im west brom and making them a good team

I physically cannot buy regens.. They're just retarded.. So I usually get into the 5th or 6th season and just give up.

I'm in the 4th season in my Malaga game after finishing 3rd, 2nd, & 2nd, my God this league is hard! Barcelona never lose! I have some sick players though, the likes of Javi Martinez, Iker Muniain, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, & Jack Wilshire. But this is my favourite game so far.

My favourite save is my only save game , i've been at Tottenham for 46 years and just completed season 2056/57 winning the quadruple , the best thing about my save game is that i have two world class english strikers banging goals in for fun
What skin is that by the way?

Currently on a save at the minute, Started one with Napoli... Really close league with alot of teams who could potentially win the league..

16 Games in, Inter have 37... then 6 teams, Including me, have 29!

Everyone taking points off each other...

How do u not get bored??

My only real save, Villarreal. 8 seasons in and I've got a new stadium and an expansion to it taking it to 45k from 22k. Made them into the 8th richest team and can now run monthly profits with the stadium. Won 3 leagues, 6 cups and made it to the CL semi finals too many times only to be wrecked by injuries. On track for my 4th league, unbeaten after 19 games and beat Barca and Madrid 6-2 and 3-0 respectively. All my facilities have been upgraded to their maximum so hoping to become quite self sustained.

My Ajax save was good did 3 in a row :)

My current Arsenal save is also enjoyable :)

Either my Liverpool save, where I'm 7 seasons in.

Or my current Denmark save, in which I'm only at the 2012 Euros, but it is extremely enjoyable.

My favourite so far has been my Littlehampton save. I got them from Level 9, I think, to the Blue Square South so far, Winning every league on the way, and picking up a few cup trophies on the way too. Got 2 amazing striker regens, who have the potential to be Premier League strikers apparently. Still hoping to make my way up to the Premiership with them.

My most favourite save though was, and still is on FM10. Went from Ebbsfleet > QPR > Deportivo > Getafe. In the 9 years ive been at Getafe, Ive won 8 La Liga Titles, 5 CL Titles and 8 Spanish Cup Titles. Soldado proved to be a sexy player, scoring 122 goals in 56 games one season, and has scored 593 in 573 games in the league in his whole career :D I also have this sexy beast of a regen called Rolando Cristaldo. Best regen I have ever seen or had.
FM10 is still my favourite FM even though it contained the WORST corner bug ever lol

Peterborough.

Season 1 League Cup and 2nd in the league.

Season 2 15th (or 14th).

Season 3 7th.

Season 4 4th.

Season 5. 1st and Champions league win.

Currently playing Season 6.

Also won the Community Shield.

Malaga save, my current one. Got the average age from 30 to 23, won Spanish cup and Supercup on the first try. 3rd season coming. Didn't win the title yet.

Funnily enough i have struggled to get to terms with FM12 so my best save is a current one i have running from FM11 with my brother. Only problem is he does not live with me so we only play it when he is round which we try to do at least once a week.

Current date is Saturday 12th March 2022! Run time is 30 days, 14 hours and 7 minutes!!!

I will run through my managerial history only as it will take ages other wise haha.

2010 - October 2013, Fulham.
Stand out signings first season:
Gary Cahill 7.5 m
Lucas Moura 6.75 m

Stand out results first season:
Liverpool 0-1 (Away)
Man Utd 4-0 (Home)
Arsenal 0-2 (Away)
Man Utd 0-1 (Away)
Chelsea 0-1 (Away)

How the first season went:
Premier League position - 4th
League Cup - 4th round
FA Cup - 4th round

Stand out signings second season:
James McArthur 4m (still there)
Bruno Alves 7.5m
Samir Nasri 3.5m
Martin Skrtel 4.4m
Nigel DeJong loan

Stand out results second season:
Napoli 3-2 over two legs to reach Champions League proper
Arsenal 1-0 (Home)
Lyon 2-0 (Home)
Roma 1-2 (Away)
Man City 2-0 (Home)
Arsenal 2-3 (Away)

How the second season went:
Premier League position - 8th
Champions League - 1st knockout round. Lost 5-4 on agg to Inter Milan
League Cup - 3rd round
FA Cup - 3rd round

Also managing Honduras at from this time!

Stand out signings third season:
Ahmed Al-Shehri 1m
View attachment 254572
Tim Krul 2.7m (still there)
Micah Richards 4.4m (still there)
Kostas Fillipis 1m
Mohammed Diame 8.5m
Aylia Yussuf free
Kostas Vasaline (not his real name) 1m
View attachment 254578
Ashley Young free
Nicholas Hernandez 1.8m
View attachment 254580

Stand out results third season:
none!!!!

How the season went:
Premier League position:
League Cup: 2nd round
FA Cup: Semi Final, lost 3-2 to Chelsea in extra time

Now managing Ghana too!

Stand out signings forth season:
Patrick Antwi 2.8m
View attachment 254585
Scott Dann 7.5m
Mirelem Suljmani free
Zoran Tosic 5m

Stand out results:
None!!

I left in October due to poor results and being bottom. Fulham went on to be relegated that season.

2013 - November 2014, Portsmouth 17th in Championship

Stand out signings winter window:
John Fleck loan
Josh McEachran loan
Steven Mouyokolo 500k
El Ghanassy loan

Stand out results:
Wigan 0-1 (away), first game in charge
Burnley 4-4 (away)
Cardiff 4-0 (home)
Ipswich 6-1 (home)
Oldham 6-2 (away)
Brighton 4-2 (away)

How the season went:
Championship - 5th, lost 6-2 on agg to QPR in playoffs
League cup - 3rd round
FA Cup - 3rd round

Stand out signings summer window:
Gylfi Sigurdsson free
Scott Parker free
Marco Donadel free
Iago free
Lukas Fabianski free

Struggled for results so left in November.

29/11/2014 - 6/12/2014, Hearts:
Nothing to really say about this, went played one game lost and regretted it. Got to be one of the shortest reigns ever surely?

12/12/2014 - 30/9/2017, Southampton 10th in Championship
Yes i went from Portsmouth to Southampton in less than a month, and being from Portsmouth in real life i know how bad that is. Just ask Harry Redknapp!!!

Stand out signing first season:
Matthew Connolly 500k

Stand out results:
Notts Forest 2-1 on agg playoff semi final
West Ham Utd 2-0 playoff final

How the season went:
Championship - 6th, got promoted via playoffs
League cup - 4th round
FA Cup - 3rd round

Also managing Turkey too!

Stand out signings first season in PremierLegue:
John Fleck 700k (still there)
Charles Chinedu 5m
View attachment 254595
Nedum Onuoha free
Josmar Zambrano 180k
Ozan Ipek loan
Viktor Musa 6.5m
View attachment 254597

Stand out results:
Everton 2-4 (away)
Swindon 4-0 (home) Brother was managing Swindon at the time too!!
Cardiff 4-0 both times

How the season went:
Premier League - 16th
League cup - 3rd round
FA Cup - 3rd round
Qualified for the Europa league due to fair play

Stand out signings second season: 2016/2017 for anyone who has lost count.

Karim Douar 1.8m
View attachment 254598
Jon Obi Mikel free
Ozan Ipek 2.3m
Milorad Tomic 1m
View attachment 254599

Stand out results:
Swindon 6-4 (home) Brother managing Swindon at this time
AEK 4-2 (away)
Liverpool 0-1 (away)
Juventus 1-1 (home)
Zenit 4-1 (home)
Zenit 2-3 (away)
Man Utd 2-2 (away)
PORTSMOUTH 0-1 (away)
Arsenal 2-2 (away)

How the season went:
Premier League - 17th
Europa League - 1st knockout round, lost 5-2 to Atletico Madrid
League cup - 3rd round
FA cup - 3rd round

Stand out signings 3rd season:
Thibaud Vandenbergh 2.5m
View attachment 254601
Sergio Javier Edu n'Kene
View attachment 254602

Results were poor so I left in September. Southampton got relegated this season

12/11/2017 - 13/12/2019, Galatasaray 8th in Turkish Premier League

Kaan Ozen 2m
View attachment 254604
Lucas Moura 1.8m
Ozan Ipek 3.7m

Stand out results:
Fenerbache 3-2 on agg in Turkish cup semi final
Fenerbache 0-0
Kayserispor 1-0 to win the Turkish cup

How the season went:
Turkish League - 5th
Europa League - 1st knockout round, lost 6-1 to Sevilla
Turkish Cup - Winners

Milorad Tomic, again. 2m
Suso free
Manuel Vargas 1.7m
View attachment 254606
Daniel Sturridge free

Stand out results:
Fenerbache 2-2 in Super cup, beat them on penalties
Barcelona 2-2 (home)
Besiktas 3-0 (away)
AC Milan 2-0 (home leg)
AC Milan 0-1 (away leg)
Gaziantepspor 0-7 (away)
Fenerbache 0-1 (away)

How the season went:
Turkish league - Winners
Europa League - 2nd knockout round, lost 3-2 on agg to Ajax
Turkish cup - Semi final, lost lost 9-1 on agg to Besiktas!!!!!!!

Stand out signings third season:
Huseyin Akyurek
View attachment 254612
Okay Yokuslu 7.5m
View attachment 254613
Yacinthe Aiki
View attachment 254616

Stand out results:
Fenerbache 3-1, Turkish Super cup
Antalyaspor 7-0 (home)
Fenerbache 4-1 (home)

Left in December as there is only so much you can win in Turkey. Did love my time at Galatasaray and won my first league title along with some cups. Was offered the job at Napoli and accepted.

13/12/2019 - 30/5/2021, Napoli 8th in Serie A

Xherdan Shaqiri 7m
Leroy Fer 3m
Fabio 15m
Jorge Granero 5.5m
View attachment 254634

Stand out results:
AC Milan 2-2 (away)
Inter 2-0 (home)
Juventus 1-4 (away)
AC Milan 4-0 (home)

How the season went:
Serie A - 3rd
Copa Italia - Quarter Final

Mamadou Sakho 17.5m
Filipao 4.5m
View attachment 254637
Kostas Vaseline again, 13.25m
Steve Smith 7.5m
View attachment 254638
Abasse Dieng
View attachment 254639

Stand out results:
AC Milan 2-0 (home)
Udinese 5-1 (home)
Juventus 1-0 (away), Italian cup quarter final
Ajax 8-4 (4-2 in both legs), Europa league 1st knockout stage
Inter Milan 1-2 (away)
AC Milan 0-1 (away)
Juventus 4-0 (home)

How the season went:
Serie A - Winners
Copa Italia - Semi final, lost 4-2 on agg to Roma
Champions League - 3rd in group stages
Europa League - 2nd knockout stage, lost 3-2 on agg to Tottenham

I was generally happy at Napoli and thought it was a side i could build into a world powerhouse but....... I got offered the Chelsea job and being the club i support i could not turn it down.

So i am currently at Chelsea in season 2021-2022 and WILL stay here and re-build which is needed. I have signed some great players and am doing okay half way through the season.

My brothers clubs since start of save in correct order.
Aston Villa 2010-2014
AC Milan 2014-2014, sacked
Leeds 2014-2015
Rangers 2015-2015, left for Swindon job
Swindon 2015-2018
Bayern Munich 2018-2021, won everything every season bar the Champions League
Man City 2021-now

So we started in the same league, went separate ways, was re-united when i got promoted with Southampton (as Di Canio got Swindon into the Premieleague), got separated again as he dominated Germany i dominated Turkey and Italy and we both ended back in the PremierLeague in the same summer with top sides. The save has just got interesting haha, hope you enjoyed this.

My fav save in fm12 has to b my monaco save.... enjoyed it so much...but it had a very sad ending...:( ....
Season 1 : promotion to ligue 1
Season 2 : won coupe de la ligue and 8th in the table
Season 3 : won french cup and 5th in the table
Season 4 : won europa league and 3rd in the table
Season 5 : won the ligue
Season 6 : aim was to win the UCL but unfortunately for some reason...my game slowed down....it took ages to go past days...even during matches, evrythin lagged...and in the end...the game could no longer be loaded.... :( ...end of my DREAMS.... but it was the best save eva...had a lot of entertainment..during the previous 5 seasons...if i only knew a way to retrieve my lost game...

My save with Bilbao where I am in 2030 would have to be it for me but I did have a very enjoyable save with Udinese before it crashed!

Not got any screenshots but currently playing a game with a custom team, started in league 2 and now in 2016 and in the premier. My players arnt the best but do get some epic results, i can see them in europe in the next 5 seasons.

Ill upload some screen shots soon :)

Back