Welcome. I will do my best to keep this updated regularly. I'm still working on the format so apologies for the spacing issues.

Cheers!

July/August 2018

View attachment 14581Chernomorets Balchik 1-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Krumov,Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Vasev (Chukalov),Kokonov, Todorov, P Hristov (Karadayi)

I really didn't know what to expect today. The first half wasn't great. We were in control but fell behind early on. I feared the worst when we hadn't managed to reply by half time. Thirty seconds after the restart Kokonov turned inside onto his right foot just outside the box, slamming the equaliser into the top corner. Marchev headed home on the hour mark and we saw the game out comfortably. A good start.

View attachment 14579

Arda 2-1 Dobrudzha 1919

Karadzhov, Krumov,Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Kostov), Marchev, Bengyuzov, Chukalov,Kokonov (Lozev), Todorov, P Hristov (Karadayi)

One change from the previous game, young Chukalov starting in place of Vasev. The first half was the best that I have seen us play. Petar Hristov had a goal disallowed very early on but soon made sure of it with a fine close range finish. Chukalov repaid the faith with an incredible goal from 25 yards out. With an hour left, I made three changes. Moments later, Krastev scored for Dobrudzha. Moments after that, Sandev was sent off for a stupid foul. We held on dearly for the final 20 minutes and it's a game we escape from fortunately unscathed.

View attachment 14578

Montana 0-4 Arda

Karadzhov, Krumov, Chichev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Chukalov (Chanev), Kokonov, Todorov (V Hristov), P Hristov

An historic rivalry according to this weeks papers, dating back to a spell of competitive fixtures in the 1950's. One forced changed as Georgi Chichev replaces the suspended Sandev. A dull first half ended well as Petar Hristov scored. The second was almost perfect. Kokonov against cut inside to score with his right foot soon after the break. Ventsislav Hristov,back from injury, scored moments after coming on and Petar made sure of it as Montana totally collapsed. An excellent start to the season.

View attachment 14576

Arda 2-0 Strumska Slava

Karadzhov, Krumov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Georgiev), Lozev (Marchev), Begyuzov, Chukalov, Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

A really straightforward win. Sandev came back into the side and there was first starts for Lozev and Ventsislav Hristov. Goals from Petar and Kokonov gave us the win. The away side were reduced to ten in the second half and that was that.

View attachment 14575

Arda 2-0 Kariana

Karadzhov, Krumov (Georgiev), Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev, Bengyuzov (Vasev), Chukalov, Kokonov (Marchev), V Hristov, P Hristov

Two first half penalties were enough to seal a really easy home win.

Monthly Review

A perfect start. Our performances improved with each game but I also felt that the opposition have been poor. We were quickly rattled when going down to ten men against Dobrudzha so I am trying not to get too carried away at the moment. Five wins from five, I can't really complain.

Player of the Month – Petar Hristov

I had earmarked the older Hristov as the man to get us firing but it's young Petar that has led the way. I am pleased also with Ventsislav's performances since returning from injury. The two are starting to form an excellent partnership.

View attachment 14573

Last edited:
September 2018

View attachment 14483
Promorie 1-4 Arda

Karadzhov, Krumov (Kostov), Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Chanev (Vasev), Milkov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

Another straightforward victory. The team played well but the late sending off for Krastev annoyed me a bit, we should be able to just see the game out without these needless red cards. Young winger Yoliyan Milkov made his debut in the game for the injured Kokonov.

View attachment 14482

Arda 2-2 Lokomotiv Gorna

Karadzhov, Krumov, Sandev, Diego, Georgiev, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Chukalov, Kokonov (Milkov), V Hristov (Todorov), P Hristov

Our worst performance by a long way. Gorna blew us apart in the first half. We barely responded in the second but two late goals from Todorov and Diego kept our unbeaten run intact. We had a couple of chances to win it too but I should be very thankful for a draw.

View attachment 14481

Slovakian side Ruzomberok made a bid for our club captain, Plamen Krumov. The bid was swiftly rejected but Plamen kicked off about it. He was sold the following day. There are murmurs of discontent in the camp as Plamen was the undisputed leader of this group. We can only kick on and hope someone else steps up to the plate. An incredibly disappointing end to his short spell with us. Atanas Krastev moves from vice to Captain and Rumen Sandev is appointed as vice.

View attachment 14480

Lokomotiv Sofia 1-4 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev, Bengyuzov (Chukalov), Vasev, Kokonov (Milkov), V Hristov, P Hristov

A first half Hristov masterclass gave us an easy win here. Despite giving away a silly penalty, we never let our performance drop and ran out easy winners. Krumov's departure made no difference today.

View attachment 14479

Cherno More 1-0 Arda

Karadzhov, Krastev, Sandev, Diego, Georgiev, Marchev, Benyuzov, Vasev (Chanev), Milkov, VHristov (Aleksiev), P Hristov (Todorov).

Our first defeat of the season arrives in the cup as we are defeated away to First Division side Cherno More. They battered us in the first half and deservedly went ahead just before half time through Vasilev. We improved a lot in the second but just couldn't find the breakthrough. We can now focus solely on the league.

View attachment 14478

Litex Lovech 1-3 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev (Chichev), Diego, Krastev, Lozev, Chukalov, Vasev (Chanev), Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov).

We made a few changes here after the cup game. Deyan Lozev came in on the wing and Georgi Chukalov started in place of Bengyusov. It was a strange game. We once again started slowly and were quite fortunate to take the lead just after the break. Ventsislav Hristov scoring from the spot. The second was anything but fortunate- a long ball forward to Todorov who took it down beautifully and played the ball over the top for Hristov to run onto. He made no mistake. Despite conceding towards the end from a corner, we pushed on and Hristov scored his third to seal the win.

Monthly Review

Despite exiting the cup, we remain unbeaten in the league. We really are cruising through some of these games and it would be disappointing not to have a real go at the title from here. The departure of Plamen Krumov was disappointing but there wasn't really much I could do. The team haven't missed him at all so we'll just put it behind us and hope to get some loyalty from the rest of the players. We begin next month against Ludogorets 2 so that will be a real test of where we are.

Player of the Month – Diego Da Silva

We were without a clean sheet this month yet I've gone for our young Brazilian centre back.He is such a commanding presence in that backline and I'm delighted he's ours. Hopefully it remains that way as he could clearly play for a bigger club. A possible future captain?

View attachment 14477

Last edited:
October 2018

View attachment 14462
Arda 2-0 Ludogorets 2

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Vasev (Chanev), Kokonov (Lozev), V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

Once again, a really easy win. I was expecting a bit test here. Ludogorets 2 were tipped to win this league with ease and yet we played them off the park. Ventsislav Hristov, recently recalled to the Bulgarian national team, gave us the lead in the first half. Lozev scored a superb volley late on to seal it, his first goal for the club.
A devastating blow for our young winger Yoliyan Milkov. He had just broken through into the team and was called up for the Bulgaria U19s. It's a huge blow for him and we can only hope this doesn't stunt his development too badly.
Arda 2-0 CSKA 1948

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev, Chukalov (Chanev), Vasev, Kokonov (Lozev), V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

An injury to Kokonov early on forced me into a change and it was his replacement, Deyan Lozev, who gave us the lead. A super strike from outside the box. Daniel Vasev then made sure of it with an equally brilliant goal. Vasev has gone under the radar a little so far this season but capped an excellent display here with the goal.
Tsarsko Selo 1-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev, Chukalov, Vasev (Bengyuzov), Kokonov (Marchev), V Hristov (Aleksiev), P Hristov

A really hard fought win here. Tsarsko pushed us all the way. Petar Hristo gave us the lead after a wonderful cross from Deyan Lozev. Tsarsko equalised with an excellent strike from the edge of the box. They were the better team after that but a thunderous header from Hristo restored the lead. Chances for both sides after that but we held out to extend our lead at the top to eight points.

Monthly Review

A short month due to the international break. Three wins from three is more than I could ask for. We really are so much better than the opposition and it's surely just a matter of time before we win the league. I can now understand the pre-season predictions of the media and the expectations of the board. We have some highly rated players but I really didn't expect it to be this easy. The season, for me, is now about building a close knit squad that is capable of challenging in the First Division next year. Most of my players are in their first season here and I'd like them to stay and build something with this club.

Player of the Month - Deyan Lozev

He scored both times that I am brought him on as a substitute and is certainly now in my mind for a starting position. Marchev and Kokonov will have to improve if they are to retain their places in the starting eleven.

View attachment 14453

Last edited:
November/December 2018

View attachment 14444
Arda 3-2 Nesebar

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Georgiev), Lozev (Marchev), Bengyuzov, Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

This team just keeps finding a way to win. A crazy first half finished 2-2. First, Tsachev gave Nesebar the lead, latching onto a through ball and finishing confidently. Rumen Sandev then poked home from a deflected free kick. Nesebar stunned us by retaking the lead, a superb strike from 30 yards out. Vasev made sure we went into half time level. The second half calmed down a little and it was our main man, Ventsislav Hristov who scored from a free kick. Hristov is proving to be very adept at set pieces.

View attachment 14443
Pirin Blagoevgrad 0-2Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev (Chichev), Diego, Krastev, Marchev, Chanev, Vasev, Lozev (Kokonov), V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

Despite the scoreline,we got away with this one. With Bengyuzov suspended and Chukalov outwith a small injury, our midfield struggled to create. The game wasr eally getting away from us until Pirin gave away a stupid penalty. Hristov duly obliged, as he always does. Todor Todorov came on and played excellently, scoring the second. He has certainly earned a starting place in the next game.

View attachment 14442

We agree a deal to sign Mario Blagoev in January. He's a young right back and it's an area I was looking to strengthen since the departure of Krumov. Georgi Kostov has played very well since then and Blagoev certainly won't stroll into our first team. He's a very good prospect though.

View attachment 14441

Arda 4-1 Botev Galabovo

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Chukalov (Chanev), Kokonov (Lozev), V Hrsitov, Todorov (P Hristov)

A first half blitz earned us another three points today. And again it was a penalty that got the ball rolling. Hristov tucking it away. Vaselin Marchev then scored one and made another in just two minutes. We naturally dropped off and Galabovo improved. Their renaissance ended swiftly with the Petrov sending off. Our fourth goes down as an own goal but in truth it was a long range strike from Chukalov that was spilled into the net.

View attachment 14440

I am of course delighted to sign up to a new contract.

View attachment 14439

Arda 2-0 ChernomoretsBalchik

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Georgiev), Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Vasev (Chukalov), Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov

Two first half goals from Hristov and Kokonov were enough here today. We coasted through the game and never looked remotely troubled. The only downside was an injury to Vaselin Marchev. He will be out for a month but thankfully will only miss one game.

View attachment 14438

Arda 2-1 Montana

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev, Chukalov, Vasev (Bengyuzov), Kokonov, V Hristov, Todorov (P Hristov)

When Montana took the lead just after half time, I truly believed that this would not be our day. We were slow and sluggish and they just looked bang up for it. But they absolutely shot themselves in the foot with half an hour left. Toni Tasev was shown a straight red for some sort of ridiculous situation off the ball. A few minutes later we of course won a penalty, Hristov equalising. As the clock ticked down Ventsislav Bengyuzov, on as a sub, scored his first goal for the club from 25 yards out.

Mid-Season Review

Five wins from five in this six week period, we extend our lead at the top to fifteen points. The players are happy and performing well but I am beginning to dread the transfer window. Despite the likelihood of us gaining promotion, I'm not convinced that we would be able to keep everyone should a team come calling. The league now breaks until March. The squad will take a deserved break and we'll sit down and look at the squad as a whole. A few might go out on loan, a few may be tempted elsewhere. The incoming deals will depend on that.

Player of the Month- Ventsislav Hristov

Six goals for Hristov in this six week period. Even though a lot of his goals have come from the spot,his all round quality is plain to see. I'm positive that he'll add many more to his goals tally before the end of the season.

View attachment 14437

Last edited:
Mid-Season Break

Rumen Sandev is named our new captain. Atanas Krastev obviously didn't take too kindly to being relieved of his role but we both eventually agreed that Rumen was more suitable.

View attachment 14295
A number of players sign new contract extensions. Among them Ivan Kokonov, Rumen Sandev, Diego da Silva and Ventsislav Hristov.

We bring a few youngsters into the club. Most notably two centre backs, Slavi Kosov and Atanas Tasholov. A few fringe players and youngsters leave on loan.

View attachment 14294
View attachment 14293
A few disappointing injuries to have to contend with as we approach the re-start of the season.

View attachment 14292

We complete our preparations with two friendly games, including a defeat!​

March 2019

View attachment 14291
Dobrudzha 1919 2-3 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov (Blagoev), Sandev, Tasholov, Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Chanev, Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov, Todorov (Karadayi)

It took us a while to get going here and we were again beneficiaries of a penalty. It was Daniel Vasev's excellent long range strike that seemed to wake us up. I'm still trying to figure out my best two central midfielders, but I know one of them is Vasev. Atanas Tasholov made his debut, in place for the injured Diego. Mario Blagoev also came on as a late substitute.

View attachment 14287
Kariana 0-1 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Tasholov, Krastev (Georgiev), Marchev, Chanev, Vasev, Kokonov (Lozev), V Hristov, Karadayi (Todorov)

We were never really troubled but certainly took our foot off the gas in the second half. Vaselin Marchev grabbing the only goal of the game.

View attachment 14286

We announce a new intake of youth players. Centre back Mustafa Bayram and attacking midfielder Yasar Kalafat are the standout players.

View attachment 14285

Arda 3-0 Promorie

Karadzhov, Kostov (Blagoev), Sandev, Tasholov, Krastev, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Chukalov, Kokonov (Lozev), V Hristov, Todorov (Karadayi)

Back to our best in this game I feel. Goals from Todorov, Marchev and Bengyuzov. That's 2 in 2 for Marchev since the break. Atanas Tasholov played again due to Diego's continued absence and looked extremely assured at the back, he looks to be a decent signing.

View attachment 14284

Strumska Slava 1-0 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Tasholov, Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Vasev (Chukalov), Kokonov, V Hristov, Todorov (P Hristov)

Our first league defeat of the season arrives in our 21st​ game. We dominated proceedings but couldn't find the breakthrough. Cosse scored in the first half with a wonderful long range goal, their only shot on target in the entire game. We pushed and pushed but couldn't find an equaliser, despite the sending off of Tanev towards the end.

View attachment 14283

Lokomotiv Gorna 4-1 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Tasholov, Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov (Chanev), Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

Gorna caused us a few problems earlier in the season and they very much did so again here.We were just terrible from start to finish. Two early goals completely rattled us. Daniel Vasev did his best throughout and pulled a goal back on 27 minutes. As we chased the game in the second half, Gorna scored a third on the breakaway. That goal did for us and they completed the rout late on. I'm thankful that we racked up the points early in the season.

Monthly Review

Our first defeats of the season but I'm not going to panic just yet. We are still eleven points clear in the league with just eight games remaining. The reason for the slump is difficult to pinpoint, perhaps complacency is kicking in throughout the squad. We've been without Diego da Silva, but he isn't too far from returning to training. Our new signing young Tasholov has done well in his place but I will welcome the return of Diego. We've dominated possession in every game that we have played, it's just in those last two games that we haven't coupled that with ruthless finishing. I'm keen now to get the title wrapped up so we can't start planning for next season.

Player of the Month - Daniel Vasev

He played well even when the rest of the team was dropping. He's an important link player in the midfield and I'm delighted with him this season.

View attachment 14282

April 2019

View attachment 14246

Arda 4-1 Lokomotiv Sofia

Karadzhov, Kostov (Blagoev), Sandev, Tasholov, Marchev (Lozev), Chukalov, Chanev, Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

After back to back defeats, the news that our two most prominent midfielders had picked up suspensions was not welcome. Bengyzov would miss three games and Vasev would miss two. However, it was their replacements that pulled us over the line today. Don't let the scoreline deceive you, this was a tough match. It's clear that teams are coming to have a go at us now and we don't always look comfortable with it. Ventsislav Hristov scored his first goals from open play since the mid season break and looked back to his best. Valchan Chanev, in for the suspended Vasev, hasn't always impressed me this season. But he put in a dominant display, opening the scoring early on. A much needed win.

View attachment 14245

Ludogorets 2 0-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Tasholov, Krastev (Blagoev), Marchev (Lozev), Chukalov, Chanev, Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

Another win to secure at least a play off spot for the season, of course we are aiming higher. A truly dominant win and a superb performance from Ivan Kokonov, two goals for the winger.

View attachment 14244

CSKA 1948 0-1 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov (Blagoev), Sandev, Tasholov, Krastev, Marchev, Chanev, Vasev, Kokonov (Lozev), V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

A tight win and it really could have gone either way. Daniel Vasev returned to the team following suspension. Ventsislav Hristov scored the only goal of the game mid way through the first half. CSKA had chances to equalise in the second but we held out for the three points. Tsarsko Selo could only manage a draw at home to Kariana meaning we are just a win away from the title.

View attachment 14243

Arda 3-2 Litex Lovech

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev (Diego), Tasholov, Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

An incredible win to seal the league title. An even first half ended with one each, Nikolay Yankov cancelling out Marchev's early opener. The second half simply descended into madness. Atanas Tasholov put us back in front with his first goal for the club. A late Zhivkov free-kick looked to have spoiled the party but up stepped Ventsislav Hristov in the 90th​minute to score the winner. Tasholov completed a busy game with a red card for a cynical challenge on the half way line. It was much needed as Litex were on the break. The win seals the title and promotion to the First Division. A quick word on Diego da Silva who made his comeback from injury today. He'll be eased back in over the next few games and I'm pleased that he'll hopefully manage some game time before the season ends.

View attachment 14242

View attachment 14241

Monthly Review

Four wins from four as we bounced back from the two defeats last month. The league title is ours and we can begin to look to the future. I admit to being slightly concerned at the end of last month. Despite our incredible form in the first half of the season, I was worried about our reaction. Four wins from four is all I can ask for.

Player of the Month - Ventsislav Hristov

It took him a while to get going after the break but this month he's been fantastic. Crucial goals in the wins against Sofia and CSKA, wrapped up with the winner to seal the title. That's 21 goals in the league this season.

View attachment 14240

May 2019

View attachment 14196

Arda 1-1 Tsarsko Selo

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Chichev, Diego (Georgiev), Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Kalafat, Kokonov, V Hristov, Todorov​

A good opportunity to give some game time to youngsters and fringe players. Yasar Kalafat made his debut and had a solid game. Mario Blagoev made his firs tstarting appearance. Georgi Chichev and Diego da Silva partnered the defence. Hristov continued his good form but he a missed a late penalty to win the game. I'm not too bothered.

View attachment 14195

A good year for our Under 19's as they also win their regional league.

View attachment 14194

Nesebar 1-4 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Tasholov, Diego (Chichev), Krastev, Merchev, Chukalov, Kalafat (Vasev), Lozev, V Hristov, Todorov (P Hristov)​

A really impressive win. Despite falling behind, we rallied and ran out comfortable winners. Diego da Silva completed 90 minutes and there was impressive performances from Chukalov, Lozev, Petar Hristov and Mario Blagoev.

View attachment 14193

Arda 0-1 Pirin Blagoevgrad

Karadzhov, Kostov, Tasholov, Chichev, Blagoev, Lozev, Chukalov, Kalafat, Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov​

A disappointing defeat and we lose our unbeaten home record. Another game to give those on the fringes some playing time so I'm not too fussed.

View attachment 14192

Botev Galabovo 0-0 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Chichev, Diego, Krastev (Kostov), Marchev, Kalafat (Chukalov), Vasev, Lozev, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)​

A quiet way to end our title winning season. Neither side really did enough to win the game.

Monthly Review

An average month results-wise but these games were only about giving game time to others in the squad. It was nice to give time to players like Yasar Kalafat, a 16 year old midfielder who only recently joined our U19's. Mario Blagoev and Georgi Chichev also got valuable time on the pitch.

Player of the Month - Georgi Chichev

The young defender has had a frustrating season, it was too risky to break up our centre back partnership. He took his chance well in this four game period and I'll have to think carefully about what to do with him next season.

View attachment 14191

Season Review to follow.

2018/2019 Season Review

Overall

I'm delighted with our season, winning the league with ease. It's a nice surprise to gain promotion so quickly but in truth it was obvious from early on that we were much better than the opposition. I didn't really know what to expect coming into a new league but we've shown that we certainly deserve to be in the top division and I've seen enough to suggest that we should be aiming higher than a relegation battle next year.

Goalkeepers

View attachment 14190
Only one man to talk about here as Ivan Karadhzov played every single minute of every single game. A return of conceding less than one goal per game is very good and he'll certainly be our first choice next season. Vaselin Ganev will leave in the summer, allowing space for a youngster to provide backup.

Defence

View attachment 14189

We have a pretty settled back four. Sandev and Diego built a solid partnership in the middle and were ably deputised by Georgi Chichev and, particularly, Atanas Tasholov. Tasholov was signed in the January window and filled the gap superbly when Diego picked up a serious injury. Georgi Kostov was our main right-back with Mario Blagoev another execellent option. Atanas Krastev provided superbly from the left-back position, missing just two games over the entire season.

Midfield

View attachment 14188
The central areas were spread evenly between Bengyuzov, Vasev and Chukalov. All three have been brilliant and we didn't really suffer when changing things around here. They're combative players, picking up 22 yellow cards between them. Vasev contributed some hugely important goals, often from the bench. It was a similar situation on the wings with Marchev, Kokonov and Lozev sharing the two spots. All three contributed to the goals and assists tally, there are no concerns for me in this area.

Attack

View attachment 14187

Ventsislav Hristov is the man. 23 league goals and he was the main factor for our superb season. I missed the whole of pre-season through injury but as soon as he was back he was flying. Petar Hristov started extremely well but tailed off a bit. Todor Todorov played well when asked to come in. Both are young and have plenty of time to improve on their consistency. Karadayi and Aleksiev were both unlucky not to play more often. They're both good players but we are just quite well stocked in this area, they will more than likely leave this summer.

View attachment 14186

Hristov will be a little disappointed to miss out on the Fans' Player of the Season but it's hard to argue with their choice of Diego da Silva. He's been a revelation this year and at 18 years old, has a lot of time to improve further. Atanas Tasholov gets Signing of the Season, a worthy choice.

View attachment 14185

Seven Arda players make the League's Team of the Season

View attachment 14184

Ventsislav Hristov wins the Golden Boot

2019/2020 Season Preview

View attachment 14164

We begin life in the Bulgarian First Division. Tsarsko Selo join us after winning the promotion playoff. The league splits in the new year, top 6 and bottom 8.

View attachment 14163

Our transfer business was fairly minimal. We were given a decent budget to work with but I wanted to focus on keeping our current players with new contracts, which I managed to do so.
Goalkeeper Vaselin Ganev left on a free transfer and we managed to get rid of Aleksiev and Karadayi. The fees are a bit low but there wasn't a great deal of interest in them.
The only incoming transfer for the first team is the Polish full back Jakub Kielb. He comes in to fight it out with Krastev for the left back position but can also play on the right. We paid a considerable outlay for a few youngsters, they'll spend the season with our U19's whilst we analyse their development.

Goalkeepers

View attachment 14162

Karadzhov will remain the number one. Kirilov is promoted after an impressive season with the U19's. It's likely he'll still play for them on occasion.

Defence

View attachment 14161

The only change I plan to bring in at the moment is Mario Blagoev. He's pushed ahead of Georgi Kostov and it's time he started more games. Tasholov will be used frequently but it's very hard to break up Sandev and Diego.

Midfield

View attachment 14160

More of the same here. Chukalov can expect more game time. Kalafat and Milkov will be used when possible but will be made available for the U19's frequently.

Attack

View attachment 14159

Again, much the same as last season. Our two outgoing strikers have been replaced by Andrian Kraev, promoted too after an impressive season with the youngsters.

View attachment 14158

A short but sweet pre-season. The players were given 12 days off over the summer so I was keen to keep it light. Fourteen goals and none conceded. We head into this season with a good morale and excitement for what may come. I don't really know what to expect. I think based on last season, we're good enough to be at least mid table in this league. I had a bit of concern about losing players over the summer but those that were subject of bids seemed keen to stay with us. Contracts have been renegotiated and some additions to the staff. The club also received an extremely good sponsorship deal so the finances are looking healthy too. We were 40k into the red a few months ago and we're now 800k in the black. Let's go!

July/August 2019

View attachment 13870

Dunav Ruse 0-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev (Lozev), Chukalov, Vasev (Chanev, Kalafat), Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov​

A superb start to our first season in the First Division. Ivan Kokonov settled any nerves with an early goal. Daniel Vasev twisted his ankle in the first half and will unfortunately be out for 4-5 weeks. His replacement, Valchan Chanev, was on the pitch for around 5 minutes before a horrendous challenge left him with a broken foot. Out for 4 months. We played really well despite the injuries and sealed the win with half an hour to spare, Deyan Lozev once again coming on as a substitute to get the goal.

View attachment 13868
View attachment 13867

View attachment 13869

Arda 4-0 Etar

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Kielb), Sandev (Tasholov), Diego, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Chukalov, Lozev, V Hristov (Kraev), P Hristov

Etar were atrocious and we were bang up for it. Another early goal, Diego scoring a lovely header from a corner. Marchev scored his first mid way through the half. Bengyuzov made it three with an excellent free-kick. Just after Vasilev was sent off for Etar, Marchev scored again to complete the scoring. Jakub Kielb and Andrian Kraev made their debuts as second half substitutes.

View attachment 13866

View attachment 13865

Cherno More 1-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Kostov), Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev, Bengyuzov, Chukalov, Milkov (Kielb), V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)

A strange game really.It's rare that we are so dominated in possession and we certainly don't look too comfortable when we are. Yet it was us who took the leader. A devastating counter attack ending with a beautiful Chukalov goal. We hung on for dear life until half time. Immediately after the break Hristov was put through on goal and clearly brought down from behind. He made no mistake from the resulting penalty. That goal seemed to kill Cherno until Ndongala scored with ten minutes to go.Again we hung on for dear life and dragged ourselves over the line for the three points.

View attachment 13864

Arda 2-0 Slavia Sofia

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Kielb), Marcehv, Bengyuzov, Chukalov (Kalafat), Lozev, V Hristov (Kraev), P Hristov

Another good win. We had more of the ball today but Slavia certainly had their chances. Rumen Sandev broke the deadlock just after half time with a powerful header. And it was a special moment towards the end when Andrian Kraev got his first goal for the club.

View attachment 13862

Arda 1-3 Ludogorets

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Kielb), Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Chukalov, Lozev, V Hristov (Todorov), P Hristov (Vasev)

A bad day all around. Ludogorets came with a point to prove and they certainly did that. Marcelinho gave them a half time lead. Georgi Chukalov was sent off just after half time for a second yellow, Natanael scored with the resulting free-kick. With twenty minutes left Marchev was forced off through injury. We had already used our three subs so played the rest of the game with nine men. Todorov scored in injury time but Ludogorets had the final say, scoring again straight from kick off.

View attachment 13860

Botev Plodiv 5-1 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Marchev (Kokonov), Bengyuzov, Vasev, Lozev, V Hristov (Todorov), P Hristov (Kalafat)

A really, really difficult game as we lost again. They're a really impressive passing side and fully deserved the win. The sending off for Bengyuzov didn't help, a reckless challenge that earned a straight red. When Vasilev cheekily chipped Karadzhov to make it 2-0 we totally collapsed. Vasilev scored another three in the following thirteen minutes.

View attachment 13858

Botev Vratsa 1-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Kielb), Lozev, Chukalov (Kalafat), Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov (Kraev), Todorov

An important win. Hristov scored from the spot early on and Lozev scored a wonderful volley shortly after the break. We were always in control today. A good sign after back to back defeats. We also managed to get through a game with eleven men still on the pitch!

Monthly Review

A really good start to the season. We were taught a few lessons along the way but overall I'm delighted with the five wins so far. We've had an unfortunate month for injuries but most are starting to come back now.

Player of the Month - Rumen Sandev

A solid seven games for the centre back. He's been a consistent performer for us and stands out now as the real leader of this group.

View attachment 13856

September 2019

View attachment 13828
I have decided to allow Atanas Tasholov to leave on loan. He's a great young player but is behind Sandev and Diego for a starting centre back role. He really needs consistent game time this season.

View attachment 13827

View attachment 13829

Arda 1-0 CSKA Sofia

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Maerchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov (Chukalov), Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov, Todorov (P Hristov)

What a win! An incredibly even game was heading for a goalless draw. I brought on Petar Hristov with about twenty-five minutes to go and he was everywhere. On 84 minutes, he picked up the ball wide left and swung in an inch perfect cross for Ventsislav to slot in. Invaluable.

View attachment 13826
Levski Sofia 3-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Kostov (Blagoev), Sandev, Diego, Kielb, Lozev, Bengyuzov (Kalafat), Vasev (Chukalov), Kokonov, V Hristov, P Hristov

A topsy turvy game but what were always chasing it. Petar Hristov had a decent game overall and equalised here in the first half with a good header. Jablonsky scored for Levski to restore their lead. Rumen Sandev then equalised in the second half with a powerful header but we conceded straight from kick off. Another equaliser always seemed unlikely and so it was.

View attachment 13825
Bulgarian Cup First Round

Nesebar 1-2 Arda AET

Kirilov, Blagoev, Chichev, Diego, Kielb, Milkov (Kostov), Kalafat, Chukalov, Kokonov (Krastev), Kraev, P Hristov (Todorov)

A young side did me proud today. For the first ever time since I began here Ivan Karadzhov did not play in goal. Instead 18 year old Anatoli Kirilov made his debut and played well. There was also starts for Yasar Kalafat and Andrian Kraev. One of the few senior players, Ivan Kokonov, gave us a deserved lead mid way through the second half. We wilted a little and gave away the equaliser towards the end. Extra time came and we fully took control. Andrian Kraev got a super goal to send us through to the next round.

View attachment 13824

View attachment 13823

Arda 0-0 Septemvri Sofia

Karadzhov, Kostov, Sandev, Chichev, Krastev, Milkov (Blagoev), Bengyuzov, Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov (Kraev), P Hristov (Todorov)

A hugely frustrating draw at home today. We totally dominated the game but could only get two of our seventeen shots on target. Encouraging build-up play with absolutely no end product.

Monthly Review

A mixed bag really this month. We're still right up there so I'm pleased with progress overall. A nice win for some of the youngsters in the cup. I doubt i'll roll the dice quite so much in the next round.

Player of the Month - Petar Hristov

Subject to some big bids from abroad during the summer. Petar started slowly this season but turned in a few high quality performances this month.

View attachment 13822

October 2019

View attachment 13821

I'm delighted to sign a new deal.

View attachment 13820
More injury woe

View attachment 13819

Beroe 1-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Kostov), Sandev, Diego, Kokonov, Bengyuzov, Vasev, Milkov (Krastev), V Hristov (Kraev), P Hristov

Beroe are bottom of the league, without a win and manager-less. I feared a slip up today. It was an even game overall and the victory was hard work. We started brightly, Daniel Vasev scoring from long range. Petar Hristov made it two with a well worked team goal. The goal for Beroe just before half time revitalised them and we were indebted to Atanas Krastev for scoring his first goal for the club, his 38th​ game for us. Bengyuzov was sent off late on for his second yellow card.

View attachment 13818
Arda 3-0 Lokomotiv Plodiv

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Kielb), Kokonov, Chukalov, Vasev, Milkov (Marchev), V Hristov, P Hristov (Kraev)

Over the past few weeks I've been trying to work on our efficiency in front of goal. Too often our players are through on goal and miss the simple pass across goal. Today it really worked and led to a much more cohesive attacking display. Ivan Kokonov got us started just before half time. A typical thunderbolt from Daniel Vasev was the second. Ventsislav Hristov finished them off with a great free-kick in injury time.

View attachment 13817
Arda 2-0 Tsarsko Selo

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Kielb, Marchev (Milkov), Bengyuzov, Chukalov (Kalafat), Kokonov, V Hristov (Kraev), P Hristov

A team we know well from last season. Tsarsko were a good team then and were a good team today. Georgi Chukalov gave us a first half lead and Andrian Kraev finished it in the second. Vaselin Marchev made his first start since returning from injury.

View attachment 13816
Bulgarian Cup Second Round

Arda 2-1 Botev Vratsa

Kirilov, Blagoev (Kostov), Sandev, Chichev, Krastev, Marchev (Milkov), Kalafat, Chukalov (Chanev), Kokonov, Kraev, P Hristov

We didn't rotate quite as much today but still the youngsters who did play were very good indeed. Kokonov gave us a deserved lead from the spot. Kirilov was the unfortunate casualty of a freak own goal late on, the game looked to be going to extra time. An injury for a Vratsa player meant we played on for an extra 10 minutes. In the 100th​ minute of the game Yoliyan Milkov scored his first ever goal for the club, we're into the quarter finals.

View attachment 13815

Monthly Review

Much better this month with four wins from four. We're solidifying our position in the Top 6 of the league, I'm hoping we can stay there for the split. Still many more games to go before that happens. We've got a difficult draw in the cup but I'd love to go further.

Player of the Month - Andrian Kraev

It's been a good month for a few of our youngsters but Andrian Kraev has really stood out. He was absolutely lethal for the U19's last year and he's impressed so far for the first team. We've got four strikers battling it out for two spots at the moment so all four will have to deal with spells on the sidelines.

View attachment 13814

November 2019

View attachment 13782
Arda 1-0 Dunav Ruse

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Kielb, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Vasev (Chanev), Kokonov (Milkov), V Hristov (Kraev), P Hristov​

Another good win. It was an even game overall but the deadlock was broken in the second half by Petar Hristov, finishing a lovely team move.

View attachment 13781
Etar 2-0 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Krastev), Sandev, Diego, Kielb, Marchev, Bengyuzov, Vasev (Chanev), Kokonov, V Hristov (Kraev), P Hristov​

Our unbeaten run comes to an end in a pretty disappointing way. We were outplayed all night and Etar fully deserve the win.

View attachment 13780
Our U19's break for the winter and are doing pretty well in their regional league!

View attachment 13779
Arda 0-2 Cherno More

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Krastev), Sandev, Diego, Kielb, Marchev (Lozev), Bengyuzov, Vasev, Kokonov, V Hristov (Todorov), P Hristov​

A really poor defeat. We're creating chances and we're getting shots away. They're just not going in. Poor defending at a free-kick and Cherno took the lead. We tried and we tried but a defensive error from Ivan Karadzhov allowed Dolapchiev to make it 2-0. A worrying performance.

View attachment 13778
Arda 3-3 Botev Plodiv

Karadzhov, Kielb (Kostov), Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev (Marchev), Chukalov (Chanev), Vasev, Kokonov, Todorov, P Hristov​

Absolutely heartbreaking to only draw after being 3-1 with five minutes left. Todor Todorov and Petar Hristov scored and assisted each other in a pulsating end to end encounter. We really looked to be capable o fholding on but Botev Plodiv pushed strongly towards the end. There's no shame in a draw against a team that destroyed us 5-1 earlier in the season.

Monthly Review

A really difficult month for us. We are still outperforming expectations but we're learning a few lessons along the way. There's not too much consistency in our individual performances and that can harm us significantly. Ventsislav Hristov's form has taken a rapid decline, I'll be using the least three games before the break to see what Todor Todorov can do from the start.

Player of the Month - Diego da Silva

This man has been consistent. A model of professionalism at only 18 years of age. Even when we lose and concede he gets a solid overall rating.

View attachment 13777

December 2019

View attachment 13776

A terrible start to the month as Daniel Vasev is ruled out for a long time with a broken ankle.

View attachment 13775
Slavia Sofia 2-3 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev (Marchev), Bengyuzov, Chukalov (Chanev), Kokonov, Todorov (Kraev), P Hristov​

Oh what a win! Another frantic end to end game. This time we got the three points. Yomov scored an incredible long range free kick to give Slavia the lead. Todorov equalised just before half time. Petar Hristov scored a cheeky goal from a tight angle to make it 2-1. With three minutes to go Andrea Hristov was shown a straight red card for a knee high challenge on Bengyuzov. We made a complete hash of the free kick and they countered, 2-2. We sought control of the game and got the winner in the 90th​ minute through Marchev. Sofia threw everything at us in the six minutes of injury time and even had a goal disallowed for offside. What a game!

View attachment 13774
Ludogorets 0-2 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev (Marchev), Bengyuzov, Chukalov (Chanev), Kokonov, Todorov (V Hristov), P Hristov​

An incredible win away at the champions. This was far more controlled than the previous games. Todorov and Hristov were incredible together up front. One in each half gives us a 2-0 win.

View attachment 13773
Arda 1-1 Botev Vratsa

Karadzhov, Kielb, Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev, Bengyuzov, Chukalov (Chanev), Kokonov (Marchev), Todorov (Kraev), P Hristov​

A disappointing draw against a team we really should beat, especially at home. A freak own goal gave us the lead and we dominated the game from then on. Andreas Vasev popped up with a long range equaliser and we simply didn't respond.

Monthly Review

Almost the perfect month to send us into the break in a healthy league position. The two wins were magnificent and show just how far this team have come. We're always prone to a slip up against teams we should beat and so it was against Botev Vratsa. Todor Todorov has come in and formed an excellent partnership with Petar Hristov. It's something I need to think about over the break.

Player of the Month - Petar Hristov

Another consistent performer who has retained his place up front for most of the season. He's a real team player who thrives on bringing the ball down and spreading it wide for the wingers. Two goals this month take his season total to six.

View attachment 13772

Mid Season Break 2019/2020

View attachment 13757
Our first business of the break is the signing of Nikola Miric from Partizan Belgrade. He's a young right back with bags of talent. I haven't been completely won over by Mario Blagoev's performances and Georgi Kostov has fallen well down the pecking order. I'm hoping Miric can slot straight into the starting eleven.

View attachment 13752
Bad news for Valsan Chanev as a back injury will see him miss a large portion of the next part of the season.

View attachment 13751
I am utterly furious with the board for allowing this transfer to go through. Bayram was by far and away the best talent in our U19's and he's been allowed to leave for a big rival. I tried to protest the transfer to no avail.

View attachment 13750
This one had been rumbling for a while. Bengyuzov was the subject of a few bids from abroad and made it very clear that he wanted out. I was forced to accept all offers on the table and he has also chosen to leave for a domestic rival. The squad aren't happy and rightly so to be honest.

View attachment 13749

A few friendlies in preparation for the second half of the season. We've got six more games before the split and we can be hopeful of making the top half. The morale of the squad is quite low at the moment due to the departures and it will take a few good wins to get us back and going again.​

February 2020

View attachment 13745
Arda 2-1 Levski Sofia

Karadzhov, Miric, Chichev, Diego, Krastev (Kielb), Marchev (Lozev), Kalafat, Chukalov, Todorov (V Hristov), P Hristov​

An incredible way to start up again! I really wanted to win this one after Levski snapped up Bayram during the break and the boys did me proud. An even first half ended with us 1-0 down, Stanislav Kostov scoring just before the break. We really upped our game in the second and Petar Hristov was the star of the show. He got the equaliser from the close range just after the hour mark. The second was a looping header from Hristov again that bounced off the post, hit the keeper and went in. We saw the game out well to record the three points. Nikola Miric made his debut.

View attachment 13744
Another senior player wants out. This won't end well.

View attachment 13743
CSKA Sofia 3-0 Arda

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Kostov), Sandev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev (Marchev), Kalafat, Chukalov, Kokonov, Todorov (Kraev), P Hristov​

A game we actually dominated for large parts. Such a disappointing result though. Rodrigues gave CSKA an early lead but we responded well and were unfortunate not to get at least one goal in the first half. The second half was a similar story until Rumen Sandev was sent off for a second yellow. Our performance collapsed after that and they added two more late goals to really rub it in.

View attachment 13742
Septemvri Sofia 3-1 Arda

Karadzhov, Miric (Blagoev), Chichev, Diego, Krastev, Lozev, Kalafat, Chukalov, Kokonov, Todorov (V Hristov), P Hristov​

Without doubt the worst I have ever seen us play. We simply could not cop with them and I seriously now need to get some more experienced players in. It's not fair on young players like Kalafat to cover for the losses we have suffered in the transfer market and to injury. Chukalov pulled one back late on today but was promptly shown his second yellow afterwards. We are further depleted in this area.

View attachment 13741
Marchev leaves and there is now serious discontent from Rumen Sandev and the squad. We'll be strengthening very soon.

View attachment 13740
Arda 1-3 Beroe

Karadzhov, Blagoev (Miric), Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Kielb), Kokonov, Kalafat, Lozev, Trayanov, V Hristov, P Hristov​

Our terrible form continues as we are absolutely destroyed at home to Beroe. The situation is really serious now and I really need to move faster in this transfer window, which closes in seven days. Vladimir Trayanov made his debut for us today after being promoted from the U19's. He wasn't great to be honest but he's making his first start in the most dire of environments. Ivan Kokonov also picked up an injury, he'll be out for 2-3 weeks. We are now safely through to the top section of the split in two games time. We'll have to do a lot better than this though to be competitive.

View attachment 13739
View attachment 13738
View attachment 13737
Three new signings come in to help our depleted squad. Karlo Muhar is a Croatian central midfielder who is expected to come straight into the side. Dragan Matkovic is slightly younger but is still at a good enough level to challenge for a place. Nortbert Szelpal is more of a winger but can cover the central areas also.

View attachment 13736
Tsarsko Selo 3-4 Arda

Karadzhov, Miric, Sandev, Diego, Krastev (Kielb), Lozev, Chukalov, Muhar (Kalafat), Trayanov, V Hristov, P Hristov (Todorov)​

Simply incredible. We showed real fighting spirit today to come back from 3-1 down at halftime to win 4-3. Ventsislav Hristov scored two and made the other two in one of his best individual performances that I've seen. We were a touch unfortunate to concede three in the first half, but that we did. A mountain to climb in the second half. Deyan Lozev got us started early on and it set the tone for the rest of the match. Hristov powered home the equaliser with twenty minutes to go but his best moment came later. With the clock ticking towards injury time, Hristov picked the ball up on the half way line. He turned his man and powered towards goal, pulled slightly wide to drag the defenders out and crossed perfectly for Lozev to score. Karlo Muhar made his debut and played fairly well.

Monthly Review

The most difficult month since I started here. With senior players departing it's created a lot of tension in the squad, this has of course affected results. I'm hoping we can turn a page with that win away to Tsarkso. The new players will have to hit the ground running. One more game of the preliminary round of the season. We're safely through to the Top 6 where we'll play each team home and away again.

Player of the Month - Ventsislav Hristov

Purely for that performance at Tsarsko.

View attachment 13735